Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  113
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R1 2023

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Pies have so much run compared to the Cats, who aren't dominating the air in their back half and not generating any clear movement as a result.
    22 points down in the third quarter
    Incredible run and dare from the young pies . They took the game on and ran hard . Moore and Murphy running away from their opponents to provide support . Great leg speed and so many runners , great work rate

kicked 8 unanwaswered goals , no crap free kicks for geelong

Wiped that smirk off Ollie Henry face

Hope Howe can make a speedy recovery as his an exciting player to watch

Has Macrae installed some genuine empath for each other ? They are almost enjoyable to watch

Post Thanks / Like

Pies so good to watch, brave kicks with changing angles, running in waves, slick handballs, tough as nails, never say die. If we don’t win it this year would not mind them winning it. I particularly like how their tall backmen try and cover each other, Moore and his look alike. Missed most of Q1 and the Howe injury. Hope there’s plenty more high scoring, high skill games like that to come in the season.

3. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    His been very good tongiht and taken some crucial marks , and his spoiling has been excellent
    His been very switched on and accountable
    A bit stiff with that trip , as has back and thigh was away from MacGinnis

To his credit they tried him back , as he could not make it in the ruck
    I was hoping we'd pick him up end of last year but maybe wasn't on the cards with Jones joining.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Pies so good to watch, brave kicks with changing angles, running in waves, slick handballs, tough as nails, never say die. If we don’t win it this year would not mind them winning it. I particularly like how their tall backmen try and cover each other, Moore and his look alike. Missed most of Q1 and the Howe injury. Hope there’s plenty more high scoring, high skill games like that to come in the season.
    Ahh Josie let's not get carried away this is the wobbles you are talking about.
    You need to watch the 2006 Elimination Final again to see how good it is to see the feral's squirm.
    Now go wash your mouth out and lets not talk of this sort of nonsense again.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

6. Likes jeemak, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Ahh Josie let's not get carried away this is the wobbles you are talking about.
    You need to watch the 2006 Elimination Final again to see how good it is to see the feral's squirm.
    Now go wash your mouth out and lets not talk of this sort of nonsense again.
    Ha ha - I was there. Monty BOG until he was KO’d. Pies fans stunned that we could turn out in equal if not superior numbers then stunned as we beat them. 50 hail Mary’s for me I know and I’m not a catholic. Father HD forgive me for I know not what I said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Ha ha - I was there. Monty BOG until he was KO’d. Pies fans stunned that we could turn out in equal if not superior numbers then stunned as we beat them. 50 hail Mary’s for me I know and I’m not a catholic. Father HD forgive me for I know not what I said.
    I was there too - Monty was BOG after he was ko'ed.

Didn't he get knocked out at the opening bounce?

For what it's worth Josie unlike the current incarnation of Collingwood too.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I was wrong to write off Collingwood this season. I still don't rate their list but their fight and spirit is amazing.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

He did by Holland. Never get back on now.

Post Thanks / Like

12. Likes MrMahatma, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

You’re right. Amazing. I was in upper of ponsford stand with hot sun streaming right on us. I had a hat thank goodness. A few others were resorting to using newspaper to make one. Monty was taking speccies if I recall correctly. Perhaps the melee at the start switched us on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That was funny - cheers
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Four games in four days at the MCG and the turf has just been relaid after the Ed Sheeran concert. I hope it is ok for us to play on.
    Looks like the surface is getting some stick.

Fingers crossed for tonight

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we don't come away with any major injuries Geelong copped ankles and knees last night.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Two men and a dog at Marvel. It is hard to support your team every week knowing that they will get done. I still go to all matches and those Rhode and Macartney years were awful. ( I can go back to Royce Hart era as well)

18. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like aggressively running and carrying might be the new tactic this season.