Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  67
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R6 2023

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Are they average? Their first 4 flankers would be in our top 10 players. Pace and out numbering are a major asset.
    No ruckman, outside of Moore their key position players are average and their midfield is relying on the ageing Sidebottom, Mitchell and Pendles.
    I agree their flankers are fantastic but they are getting results far better than the strength of their list.
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure there are significant tactical reasons, but what stands out to me is that they are fit, committed to each other, play with attacking flair and defensive intent, and don't seem to take anything too seriously. They are confident and trust each other.

It's not that different to Dogs 2016. Need a clear simple plan which everyone is committed to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    No ruckman, outside of Moore their key position players are average and their midfield is relying on the ageing Sidebottom, Mitchell and Pendles.
    I agree their flankers are fantastic but they are getting results far better than the strength of their list.
    Darcy Cameron and Mason Cox are a more than adequate ruck duo.

I think you are underestimating Taylor Adams, Josh Dacois, De Goey, Jack Crisp and Nathan Murphy.

Their role players go ok also; Maynard, Noble, Lipiniski, Mccreery.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Darcy Cameron and Mason Cox are a more than adequate ruck duo.

I think you are underestimating Taylor Adams, Josh Dacois, De Goey, Jack Crisp and Nathan Murphy.

Their role players go ok also; Maynard, Noble, Lipiniski, Mccreery.
    Cameron and Cox, as well as Lipinski, have been out injured for most of the year, and Adams has been shifted to a half forward role which he is struggling in.

Their ruckman for the last month have been Dan McStay, Ash Johnson and Billy Frampton.

It is very impressive what they're doing - playing people in their natural positions and letting them play their natural games.

Post Thanks / Like

While their outs have been significant I don’t think it’s unfair to question the offensive potency of their midfield. When we cooked them last year it was on the back of total clearance and stoppage dominance.

De Goey has come on a lot in this area but if they are vulnerable anywhere I think it’s still on the inside.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -