Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  67
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R6 2023

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    LOL...with the players they have.

Ed Curnow is playing - he's been cooked for 5 years.
    Carlton fans and the media are about as silly as it gets when rating Carlton's quality. It catches on.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL...with the players they have.

Ed Curnow is playing - he's been cooked for 5 years.
    They have a long injury list that doesn't help. I take it you don't rate their list. Curnow wouldn't be playing if some of the players injured were available.

Player Injury Update
    Jordan Boyd Foot In full training.
    Will be available this week. (Update: 19 April)
    Matthew Cottrell Foot In full training.
    Expected to be available next week. (Update: 19 April)
    David Cuningham Calf Returning to skills training next week. (Update: 19 April)
    Sam Docherty Knee Underwent surgery for a meniscus tear.
    Expected to be available in 4-6 weeks. (Update: 12 April)
    Caleb Marchbank Calf Has returned to skills training this week. (Update: 19 April)
    Jack Martin Calf Returning to skills training next week. (Update: 19 April)
    Mitch McGovern Calf Was a late withdrawal with calf tightness last week.
    Will aim to train fully on Friday: is a test to play this week. (Update: 19 April)
    Matthew Owies Hamstring Expected to be available in Round 8. (Update: 12 April)
    Sam Philp Foot Underwent surgery after experiencing a stress fracture to the second metatarsal in his foot.
    Has been placed on the inactive list. (Update: 3 February)
    Marc Pittonet Eye Has been cleared of any damage to his eye.
    Will be available to play. (Update: 19 April)
    Adam Saad Hamstring Scans showed a low-grade hamstring strain.
    At this stage is expected to miss 1-2 weeks. (Update: 12 April)
    Zac Williams Knee Underwent surgery after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament.
    Ruled out for the 2023 AFL season. (Update: 3 February)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Do you really enjoy the life of a self hating Bulldog?
    You really don?t like a joke don?t you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They have a long injury list that doesn't help. I take it you don't rate their list. Curnow wouldn't be playing if some of the players injured were available.
    Injuries huh?

Well, everyone's got 'em.

Carlton's list is fine but being anointed as a top 4 side when they haven't yet made the top 8? Spare me.

The commentary on this stuff is completely OTT and because they have Cripps, Walsh, Curnow, McKay and Weitering doesn't mean they have a 'winning' team. Throw Saad in that group above if you like but I think he has been at 3x clubs and NEVER ONCE been in a team that has made the top 8.

Their list is 'fine'.

But put our top 5 against theirs and see where you think the strength is (I think it's about even).
    Put our NEXT 5 against theirs and we are CLEARLY ahead...

Because Carlton were a trendy pick pre-season and because they have a large membership = lots of clicks they get some good PR, but top 4?

Plus, Michael Voss is potentially TOO SMART a footy person and I suspect is still seriously over-complicating things...so when they go bad they are HORRID...

Yep - throw Zac Williams in there...great. Mitch McGovern - well, he's ALWAYS injured and being available is a SKILL....Cottrell is OK as a developing outside mid...Docherty gets the ball I guess but hurt factor is low...

So right now they have Saad and Williams out. And Williams ain't coming back.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

5. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes macca, Dogs 24/7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Lyon and his assistant have done a fantastic job to be 5-1 after 6 rounds . IF you would have asked me last year if the saints would be here, I would have laughed. Just shows how little I know about the genius or genesis of Lyon. I really dont know much about footy.
    They were 5-1 with a percentage of 130 after 6 rounds last year as well. 8-3 at the bye. Finished 11-11.

I think this year does look different with the way they're playing and teams they're beating, BUT their real test will come in the second half of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually think Carlton’s list profile is very similar to ours, with undeniably elite top end talent mixed in with a pretty rough bottom 6 each week. Only difference is our guys are sourced for cheap whereas most of their lesser players are somehow top 10 picks.

Also I’ve never seen an agitprop campaign for a footballer be sustained for so long as the one put on by Channel 7 in support of Jack Silvagni.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Injuries huh?

Carlton's list is fine but being anointed as a top 4 side when they haven't yet made the top 8? Spare me.

The commentary on this stuff is completely OTT and because they have Cripps, Walsh, Curnow, McKay and Weitering doesn't mean they have a 'winning' team. Throw Saad in that group above if you like but I think he has been at 3x clubs and NEVER ONCE been in a team that has made the top 8.

Their list is 'fine'.

But put our top 5 against theirs and see where you think the strength is (I think it's about even).

Because Carlton were a trendy pick pre-season and because they have a large membership = lots of clicks they get some good PR, but top 4?

Plus, Michael Voss is potentially TOO SMART a footy person and I suspect is still seriously over-complicating things...so when they go bad they are HORRID...

Yep - throw Zac Williams in there...great. Mitch McGovern - well, he's ALWAYS injured and being available is a SKILL....Cottrell is OK as a developing outside mid...Docherty gets the ball I guess but hurt factor is low...

Don't disagree with any of that, but I still think they are currently under achieving.

PS: They are the club I hate the most, equal with Essendon.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hearing Schache might get a gig tonight.
    Hope he goes ok, can kick a bag with the right delivery.

10. Likes EasternWest, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Hearing Schache might get a gig tonight.
    Hope he goes ok, can kick a bag with the right delivery.
    I wouldn't boo him, go Josh.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I wouldn't boo him, go Josh.
    I might say Boo-urns.
    "It's over. It's all over."

14. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Injuries huh?

Their list is 'fine'.

Just on Carlton. Listen to this passionate caller on 3AW

https://twitter.com/jasonhimm2/statu...76472365940736

16. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ross the Boss is an absolute gun coach, and I was surprised at how many dissenters he had a couple of years ago. If Luke Sayers got his way, Carlton would be top 4 with a bullet - Voss is just not at the level of a Ross Lyon when it comes to tactical nous, game plan development and taking away the opposition strengths.

His teams are a hard watch but he is a coaching master.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Ross the Boss is an absolute gun coach, and I was surprised at how many dissenters he had a couple of years ago. If Luke Sayers got his way, Carlton would be top 4 with a bullet - Voss is just not at the level of a Ross Lyon when it comes to tactical nous, game plan development and taking away the opposition strengths.

His teams are a hard watch but he is a coaching master.
    Ross also played footy with craft.
    One step ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Kick arse tiges!

Post Thanks / Like

Jake Lever is an idiot, and all of the commentators are idiots as well.

The protected area extends to behind the mark. Dumbshits.

I still laugh at his meltdown from last year's finals series. It was so weird......
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

21. Likes jazzadogs, Dry Rot liked this post