Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  53
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R8 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Averaging 15 touches & just under 1 goal a game.. that ain't awesome.

I know Toby Greene is elite, but in terms of playing style (as well as natural ability & wage) he would be the most similar to him and he's averaging 18 & almost 3 goals a game.
    His best in terms of goals seems to be 2 a year and disposals best average was 20ish a while ago, seemingly as a back flanker.

Neither shout superstar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Heeney is awesome. Love him at Dogs.
    Overated. Blonde and plays for the Swans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    If he wanted to come and play for us I'd take him.
    Zero chance of that happening. From Sydney and their glamour boy, to come to Footscray?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I understand why people like him but I don't understand why he's not playing midfield. I think he consistently underperforms for his talent level. I concede that he was very good last year (49 goals in a grand final team), but objectively his worst three games were in their three finals.

A comparison with another highly rated but underperforming permanent forward:
    Jake Stringer: 178 games, 302 goals, 2331 disposals (ave 13)
    Heeney: 162 games, 206 goals, 2382 disposals (ave 16)

I just don't see Heeney standing up and being the point of difference when it counts. Undeniably talented, and better than our McNeill/Scott/Garcia/VDM rotation so of course we would take him, but if I was a Swans fan I'd be really disappointed in his output. Particularly on his juicy contract.
    I like Heeney as a player but he doesn't do anywhere near enough relative to his talent level, and certainly not relative to his pay grade. He should be a top 3 player for his club and top 15-20 in the comp but he's nowhere near it at the moment and hasn't been for a lot of his career (2022 is an outlier).

The comparison with Stringer is instructive - Stringer has copped endless criticism over many years (not without justification), but he has a vastly superior and more consistent CV as a mid sized forward who can play bursts in the middle than Heeney, and he's done it on far less coin. He's also done it overweight a lot of the time and with the world's shittiest tatt.

Greene is the rolled gold star in this demographic and he is so far ahead of Heeney across all metrics it is not funny.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Zero chance of that happening. From Sydney and their glamour boy, to come to Footscray?
    Interesting to hear Toyd lamenting the drive over the West Gate in the latest pod.

I reckon that's a common theme with players.