Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  53
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R8 2023

Went at 61% and gave away two goals that I saw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Carlton literally had articles written about them being close to their 1995 team two to three weeks ago. What a ****ing joke, that team was amazing.

They're always going to be my second team due to family connections, which is the same reason why I also like seeing them get ahead of themselves and shit the bed. That they have a raft of idiots following them is a bonus to me.
    Love the vitriol second team or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Nah you?re watching it wrong again. Young is amazing and our coaching staff and list management team are all morons. Just look at how well Schache and Cordy are going if you don?t believe me.
    It felt really bad typing what I typed because I just knew that I was wrong when I did it.

It was a "tactical" sub and he is awesome.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Love the vitriol second team or not.
    I have people in my family and circle of friends who haven't really watched them for over a decade get on the horse and dominate footy conversations because Carlton are apparently good again. I had a client last week describe Carlton as one of the "main" teams. Of course I pissed myself in front of his face for his stupidity, client or not that's not going un-checked, and quickly changed the subject away from footy in lieu of not wanting to ruin the relationship via a truth bomb.

But the fact of the matter is, Carlton are the genuine round one to ten good news story that hasn't happened this year because they prepped for a full season in training instead of the first half of a season like they did last year to make the most of a new coach coming in.

The issues they had under Bolton are still there, they can't defend properly to the extent they are bland on the rebound/ once they get the ball again. Saad tries, but he's actually no good, who else in their defence sets them up going forward?

I could keep going but won't, given we're a chance of being done by them next Saturday because we're always a chance of being done by a weaker Carlton side!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes macca, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fagan on Dunkley :

"I've got to say it is one of the great games I've ever seen," Fagan told reporters on Friday night.

"If you weigh it all up, he played on Cripps all night, he had 33 touches, he had 13 tackles and he kept Cripps to a quiet game. I would have settled for Cripps having a quiet game, to be honest with you. Josh's influence on the contest was exceptional

Post Thanks / Like

Nah you’re watching it wrong again. Young is amazing and our coaching staff and list management team are all morons. Just look at how well Schache and Cordy are going if you don’t believe me.
    Thing is with Young he just is an average player. Nothing more nothing less.

He is what he was with us.

Weak in the contest most of the time, out of position a lot, slow to react.

Has ok over head marking, good leap, nice kick, good height, pretty face.

Don't think any players that have gone to other clubs during Bevo's/Power's tenure have amounted to much.

8. Thanks bulldogsthru&thru thanked for this post
    Likes chef, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Thing is with Young he just is an average player. Nothing more nothing less.

He is what he was with us.

Weak in the contest most of the time, out of position a lot, slow to react.

Has ok over head marking, good leap, nice kick, good height, pretty face.

Don't think any players that have gone to other clubs during Bevo's/Power's tenure have amounted to much.
    Well there's Liam Jones.

I know the sample size is small but he has been phenomenal for us this year. I knew he'd become a good player at Carlton but I'd never paid enough attention to just how good.

The other thing that's a bit weird for me is that even though Zaine Cordy (for example) is a premiership player for us, it doesn't feel that odd to me to see him playing elsewhere.

Whereas I always kind of felt Liam Jones was one of "ours". It's good to have him back.
    "It's over. It's all over."

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting sick of the gaslighting from the commentary team about Carlton full houses this year....let alone how awesome every game they play is.

BT said the first quarter was amazing because of the scoring, and then said the second quarter was amazing irrespective of no scoring. Carlton are just amazing this year.
    Funnily enough there was only 4K more than at the Dogs game last week.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah you?re watching it wrong again. Young is amazing and our coaching staff and list management team are all morons. Just look at how well Schache and Cordy are going if you don?t believe me.
    Schache was amazing last week in the thumping of North. His lone goal deep in the last quarter made the difference.

From a list management perspective definitely made the right call on these three. They occasionally may play well but it is their consistency that continually lets them down. Glad they are someone else?s trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

I have people in my family and circle of friends who haven't really watched them for over a decade get on the horse and dominate footy conversations because Carlton are apparently good again. I had a client last week describe Carlton as one of the "main" teams. Of course I pissed myself in front of his face for his stupidity, client or not that's not going un-checked, and quickly changed the subject away from footy in lieu of not wanting to ruin the relationship via a truth bomb.

But the fact of the matter is, Carlton are the genuine round one to ten good news story that hasn't happened this year because they prepped for a full season in training instead of the first half of a season like they did last year to make the most of a new coach coming in.

The issues they had under Bolton are still there, they can't defend properly to the extent they are bland on the rebound/ once they get the ball again. Saad tries, but he's actually no good, who else in their defence sets them up going forward?

I could keep going but won't, given we're a chance of being done by them next Saturday because we're always a chance of being done by a weaker Carlton side!
    The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Carlton’s fixture request was to bulk up on likely low-ladder teams early on in the season. They have 20 years of losing culture and choked like no one else to miss finals last year. I think they. Wanted to bank early wins and belief- they literally played the 6 teams you would have likely pencilled in for the bottom 8 in their first 7 games (including 3 of last years bottom 4). It’s maybe only missing Hawthorn, Essendon/Suns as teams you would suspect could be lower down.

It was:
    North Melbourne
    West Coast
    GWS
    Adelaide
    St. Kilda
    Richmond

It hasn’t gone quite to plan because Adelaide and the Saints have bucked the prediction and they were only able to bank 4 and a half wins in this stretch.

Let’s see how the do in this run of:
    Lions
    Dogs
    Pies
    Swans
    Melbourne

PS We absolutely have to get our shit together when playing them and put them to the sword. We looked crap against them last year.

14. Likes jeemak, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Well there's Liam Jones.

I know the sample size is small but he has been phenomenal for us this year. I knew he'd become a good player at Carlton but I'd never paid enough attention to just how good.

The other thing that's a bit weird for me is that even though Zaine Cordy (for example) is a premiership player for us, it doesn't feel that odd to me to see him playing elsewhere.

Whereas I always kind of felt Liam Jones was one of "ours". It's good to have him back.
    Thanks to B Macc, he left
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton board. Why Lewis Young was subbed out? They don't have very nice things to say about him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Carlton board. Why Lewis Young was subbed out? They don't have very nice things to say about him.

That last handball was pretty bad panic merchant stuff but aside from that it seems his greatest crime was consistently punching the ball towards Brisbane players. Is that why he was subbed out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    That last handball was pretty bad panic merchant stuff but aside from that it seems his greatest crime was consistently punching the ball towards Brisbane players. Is that why he was subbed out?
    Who knows the real reason.

My take on the highlights. He was soft in a few contests where he got too far under the ball. Some of his spoils were incredibly weak and went straight to Brisbane players. Kill the ball!!! The last handball where he didn't want to take the body contact of the tackle and then make a good decision to offload it sums him up as a player IMHO.

He panics under pressure. He doesn't like physicality. He is a slow decision maker. He is just an average player. You can see why Bevo didn't want to play him. He is also now 24 years of age. He ain't a young player anymore (pardon the pun).

19. Likes Mofra, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On Dunkley's game last night. He was elite in how he took Cripps out of the contest and got his hands on it so many times. 13 tackles was also unbelievable.

But he has a massive deficiency as we know in his disposal.

He had 33 touches last night. But he had 11 turnovers last night. 11 !!! The next on ground was only 5. So he touched the ball 33 times but he turned over the ball every third time. That is poor. His disposal efficiency was also at 60%

21. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post