Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  28
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R14 2023

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    So I am up on the Gold Coast on holiday . Decided to go to the Brisbane v Sydney game .
    One adult $64 to get in . No wonder they get small crowds ! After A few swear words under my breath I left and went back to GC .
    They also have no games on the radio .
    Luckily I have Foxtel go on my phone .
    i had the same experience when on the Gold Coast in 2014...went to a Suns v Hawthorn game - cheapest available seats were $60. No wonder the Suns don't draw a decent crowd. (Just checked and those same seats are now $52 plus $5.70 Ticketek fee - still overpriced for an expansion team).
    Footscray member since 1980.

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carlton with an absolutely incredible quarter. Up 44 now onnthe GC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    So I am up on the Gold Coast on holiday . Decided to go to the Brisbane v Sydney game .
    One adult $64 to get in . No wonder they get small crowds ! After A few swear words under my breath I left and went back to GC .
    They also have no games on the radio .
    Luckily I have Foxtel go on my phone .
    Bought some tickets for Lions v Tigers in a couple of weeks. $33 per person. Reckon that?s fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton's won Gold Coast Lottery this year. Gold Coast have been rubbish today.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Carlton's won Gold Coast Lottery this year. Gold Coast have been rubbish today.
    Two games in Darwin. Then the bye. Then they travel to Melbourne. It was freezing yesterday. Also, not a single team has won off the bye yet.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Two games in Darwin. Then the bye. Then they travel to Melbourne. It was freezing yesterday. Also, not a single team has won off the bye yet.
    Minor correction as Sydney won off the bye at home against St Kilda (also off the bye). Only game so far with both teams off the bye.

Interested in what Round 15 brings
    Collingwood home to Adelaide - both off the bye
    Essendon away to Dockers
    Hawthorn away to Gold Coast
    Melbourne away to Geelong
    Eagles away to Sydney
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Well we lost to Geelong too. And the suns before that. I get we're not that bad but i think some people have top 4 expectations given the public position from the club. We're pretty clearly a 7-12 team with an undetermined future. It's right where I thought we'd be. My frustration is that I have no idea what our direction is and we dont seem to be able to adjust and keep up. Feels like we're treading water.
    I rate us top 4 on potential, 5-9th in expectation.

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw the post match conference with Adam Simpsons was seething... typical dumb questions :
    1. what have you said to players?
    2. are you the right person to lead eagles.

poor guy. his got 2 players in the wafl and the rest is playing kids . These lean years, putting games into younger players, testing the depth of their list , may pay back in 3-4 years time.

Their ruckman Williams was terrible, he got smashed in the clearances by Hickey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Just saw the post match conference with Adam Simpsons was seething... typical dumb questions :
    1. what have you said to players?
    2. are you the right person to lead eagles.

poor guy. his got 2 players in the wafl and the rest is playing kids . These lean years, putting games into younger players, testing the depth of their list , may pay back in 3-4 years time.

Their ruckman Williams was terrible, he got smashed in the clearances by Hickey.
    I feel for Simpson who has seen a lot of good times at the Eagles and now it looks like there is no way out of the mess.
    He should stick it out for the season and then have a think about it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I feel for Simpson who has seen a lot of good times at the Eagles and now it looks like there is no way out of the mess.
    He should stick it out for the season and then have a think about it.
    I hope they stick with him. The lean years are what tests a club's resolve to stick with its people, processes and systems in place. They have been smashed with injuries and some of their senior players really have not stepped up this year.