Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dennis Cometti

Post Thanks / Like

Dennis Cometti

Well i was just reading threads and it seems Dennis is a very funny man,(apparently he played reserves at the bulldogs).
    Maybe through the year we can post his new and wonderful phrases of past and present up here.
    If we get a fair amount maybe we could hand it to Rodney and give him a good giggle or even send it into The footy Show for Sam to read out, i can see Sam now in tears of laughter.
    Ones i can remember a little about are last nights, "bulldogs purring" and he even used a "Hahn beer" comment in another game.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dennis Cometti

His best ever work:

Gerald Healy makes a remark about a certain player being the player you want kicking at goal if your life depended on it.

Dennis: "I'd prefer my Mum."

[silence]

"Not a great footballer but at least she'd care".

Crizza Guest

Dennis had a funny call last night when Wight kicked it out on the full, and Dennis said;
    'Kicked like My wife, she'd be in bed by now'

Can't remember which other 7 caller then reminded him about daylight savings, and that she may be watching.

Post Thanks / Like

Tony Liberatore once burrowed into a pack & got battered. Dennis said "Liberatore went into that optimistically & came out mistioptically."

Post Thanks / Like

mistioptically? now thats a Cometti-ism, has Dennis ever been drug tested and should comentators be tested? I think he is the perfect example of finding out just how much he takes and giving the same amount to all other comentators.
    I love the man. in fact he is THE MAN

Post Thanks / Like

The camera panned to Peter Rhode as we were about to chalk up a rare win under his coaching.

"There's Peter Rhode. I'm sure if he had a tail he'd be wagging it."

Post Thanks / Like

Crizza that is brilliant.

Post Thanks / Like

A St Kilda player kicked in a rush and Addison was there to mark, comment.... a bit of a catch 22 there for the saints player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Well i was just reading threads and it seems Dennis is a very funny man,(apparently he played reserves at the bulldogs).
    Maybe through the year we can post his new and wonderful phrases of past and present up here.
    If we get a fair amount maybe we could hand it to Rodney and give him a good giggle or even send it into The footy Show for Sam to read out, i can see Sam now in tears of laughter.
    Ones i can remember a little about are last nights, "bulldogs purring" and he even used a "Hahn beer" comment in another game.
    That was against Melbourne last week - he brought Miller and Hahn in and suggested they'll be having a beer together after the game or something like that.

I read a book he had - more pictures and the one liners he's had rather than an biography type thing - and it was very entertaining. I enjoy listening to Dennis.

Post Thanks / Like

'Scotty Cummings alone in the square, jumping up and down and waving his arms like they're playing My Sharona ...'

'Farmer may have an injury to his calf ... hmmm, a farmer with a calf problem ...'

'Spider had both his legs taken out from under him - leaving only the other six to balance on ...'

"Ball to Barker to Barlow - The Hawks are attacking alphabetically"

On Melbourne's Adam Yze: "A terrific player . . . terrible scrabble hand."

"Ling's running off the ground a little bit gingerly."

"Cousins, runs away from Carr ... not the first time we've seen that this season."

About Cameron Cloke who was timing his ruck work badly, something along the lines of: "He leaves his messages before the ‘beep’."

'Hay is bailed up on the boundary line . . .'

'Walker to Carr . . . that's a step up . . .'

'He's made a typo! - he wanted Bickley and he's got Buckley!'

"The Magpies ought to be kicking themselves right now, but with their luck, they'd probably miss."

After Darren Gaspar hits the post from 40 metres out: "Gaspar, the unfriendly post."

"Ashley McIntosh, like a good hair spray ... capable of a subtle hold."

"Ball in dispute, Lamb, now Yze the meat in the sandwich. Really Lamb should be in the sandwich."

On former Magpie, Crow and now Cat, Brenton Sanderson: "He goes much better as a mammal."

Post Thanks / Like

Coon Dog im in fits they are awesome

Post Thanks / Like

I like his little comments, but his flow style commentary is punctuated and often very monotonous. Just the same flat tone all the time. I used to like Rexy Hunt, he gets excited and brings you into the game through that excitement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    A St Kilda player kicked in a rush and Addison was there to mark, comment.... a bit of a catch 22 there for the saints player.
    He used that "catch 22" a couple of times.

The only downside to Cometti's wit and humor is McEvany possibly trying to copy him.

When Hill had the ball he made some comment about how he'll be at Rocket's party. I think it has something to do with his bag of tricks. If not then it's just a weird comment.

Am I imagining this or is he trying to be funny?

Post Thanks / Like

classic TCD - love the yze lamb sandwich stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Keep them coming !