Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Changes for Round 4?

im guessing he is a pom, pillock???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    im guessing he is a pom, pillock???
    I think you'll find mooneydog will be insulted by that. Surely you picked his accent the other night, South African (he loved the regime!!).

Also, you don't know about his love for Nathan, it knows no bounds!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not sure how you could say that on a pure form basis. Eagleton was sensational in the first game and Harbrow was just adequate on Friday night. If he is 100% fit then he should be in the mix and at least ahead of Harbrow.

Methinks people are just using his age as the reason why he wouldn't or shouldn't be selected. I think his form warrants strong consideration.
    Methinks there was a bit of the changing of the guard on Friday night.

Methinks our younger player's are the one's who raised the bar with our defensive pressure and attack on the ball.

Methinks these players should be rewarded for there performances.

Yes, Eagleton was playing well in the first game, and yes on that performance he should come back into the team, but the players who have replaced him add a harder edge to our team ,an edge that has been missing over the years and have performed there duties quite well.

Yes, Eagleton will be stiff to miss out, but we now have increased depth and unfortunately one of the problems with this is that good players will be squeezed out from time to time. Prismall from Geelong would almost walk into any other teams starting midfield, but can't even crack a game because of Geelong's depth.

Post Thanks / Like

Excuse me but what form has Eagleton got in 2008? 3/4 of 1 game form that was 3 weeks back.
    The others have played full games of 2 and 3 games recently.

Post Thanks / Like

The most impressive part of Friday's win was our attacking on the contest and adding Eagleton to the side for a player that does that sort of work seems stupid to me.
    One week at Williamstown.

So its ok to bag players that played well on Friday but suggesting Eagleton should come through Williamstown first is a no no?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    The most impressive part of Friday's win was our attacking on the contest and adding Eagleton to the side for a player that does that sort of work seems stupid to me.
    One week at Williamstown.

So its ok to bag players that played well on Friday but suggesting Eagleton should come through Williamstown first is a no no?
    I certainly wasn't saying it was a no-no,

More that expecting that it would happen would be the test on whether he was still an automatic selection, not whether we supporters thought he was or wasn't.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be very disappointed if anyone is dropped to make way for Eagleton. Not saying he is a bad player but no one deserved to be dropped for a guy that isn't an automatic selection.

There is no way I would leave Eagleton out of this side. Harbrow comes in, plays one ok game (he wasn't great but didn't make any mistakes) and all of a sudden he becomes an automatic in the 22? Ridiculous! Drop the boy back to Willy for a week or two, tell him he did a bloody good job the other night and that he needs to keep working his ass off to get back into the team, because we want him there. If that is not enough incentive for him to play AFL football or he loses confidence from that then he is not in the best 22 anyway. Similarly, tell Eagleton he has been selected but there was strong competition for his spot, that'll make him put in. Nathan Eagleton is a valuable player in our 22 and I believe his experience and running capacity and raking left foot gets him over the line against an up and comer who played one ok game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Methinks there was a bit of the changing of the guard on Friday night.

Methinks our younger player's are the one's who raised the bar with our defensive pressure and attack on the ball.

Methinks these players should be rewarded for there performances.

Yes, Eagleton was playing well in the first game, and yes on that performance he should come back into the team, but the players who have replaced him add a harder edge to our team ,an edge that has been missing over the years and have performed there duties quite well.

Yes, Eagleton will be stiff to miss out, but we now have increased depth and unfortunately one of the problems with this is that good players will be squeezed out from time to time. Prismall from Geelong would almost walk into any other teams starting midfield, but can't even crack a game because of Geelong's depth.
    Good call Mantis. It is these younger players that are really leading the way - the likes of Addison, Callan, Hill, Harbrow - they are taking up the challenge that is being thrown to them.

The good thing about us discussing the selection of players within the team shows that we have depth. A depth that has been missing for a while. In the past a player like Eagleton would have been a walk up start in our lineup coming back from injury. Now this is no longer the case. The next few weeks will be even more interesting when we have someonle like Ray available for selection. Will he be an automatic selection? I suspect not and he may spend 1 or 2 weeks at Willy. The only player coming back from injury that will pretty much be a walk up start at the moment would be Everitt. IMHO Williams may find himself coming back through Willy as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Excuse me but what form has Eagleton got in 2008? 3/4 of 1 game form that was 3 weeks back.
    The others have played full games of 2 and 3 games recently.
    He got injured in the last few minutes of the game so it was hardly 3/4 of a game and his form was very good and that was two weeks back not three.

Harbrow was Ok but not much better than that and Eagleton must be in the mix to replace him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

What did Harbrow actually display on Friday that warrants Eagleton (if fit) to be sent to coventry regardless?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I do not think that Harbrows game was good enough to be put in the side over Eagleton. I know Harbrow had an ok game but, the performance from Eagleton in round 1 was better than Harbrows. So I do not see why Harbrow should be in the side instead of Eagleton.

Post Thanks / Like

What did Harbrow actually display on Friday that warrants Eagleton (if fit) to be sent to coventry regardless?
    I agree with you on this point GVGjr. Harbrow was clearly a bit underdone for mine, and whilst he did some nice things, he didn't really have a huge influence on the game (besides perhaps the couple of goals he snapped, one from nothing) and seemed to be a bit lost at times and lose his feet. He's still got a bit of time to get it together and make a serious crack at cementing his place in the best 22, but at this stage, Eagleton adds more as an attacking player than Harbrow, and with Addison, Callan(?) and of course Hill moving ahead of Harbrow in the pecking order, he will probably need a few big weeks in the VFL to get himself back in the side.

I quite like the fact that we are having selections dilemma's at this early stage, and the reason for the dilemma is that we have too many players playing their role and doing well!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    The only player coming back from injury that will pretty much be a walk up start at the moment would be Everitt.
    Everitt was really stuggling before he got hurt and I don't think he would have even got a game in round 1.

Everitt will not only come back through Willi it might take him a while to get back up.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Griffen#16;32372]I agree with you on this point GVGjr. Harbrow was clearly a bit underdone for mine, and whilst he did some nice things, he didn't really have a huge influence on the game (besides perhaps the couple of goals he snapped, one from nothing) and seemed to be a bit lost at times and lose his feet. He's still got a bit of time to get it together and make a serious crack at cementing his place in the best 22, but at this stage, Eagleton adds more as an attacking player than Harbrow, and with Addison, Callan(?) and of course Hill moving ahead of Harbrow in the pecking order, he will probably need a few big weeks in the VFL to get himself back in the side.

I quite like the fact that we are having selections dilemma's at this early stage, and the reason for the dilemma is that we have too many players playing their role and doing well![/QUOTE]

What agreat position to be in and Street and Skipper showing something at Williamstown on Saturday and putting pressure on the rucks as well. With Williams and Everritt still to come back, things are on the up at the moment.

I do agree that Eagleton warrants his position back and would hate to drop Harbrow, however, we need to see how we will match up against Essendon before the final decision is made on the starting 22.

Post Thanks / Like

He chased, he tackled, he fully committed his body to the contest.

He may not do the flashy things that Eagleton does, but he does the things that make us a better 'team'.