Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  176
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are You Sick Of The Afl Changing Rules Every Year

Why stop there?

Be bold AFEL and mandate that defenders must play with their legs tied together and both arms cuffed behind their backs.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I would have thought that with substantially less staff the team that reviews 'the rules of the game' might have been better used elsewhere for the next couple of years.

This is not a good change in fact it's a really bad suggestion
    From the sound of it that team is down to one member and that member has taken a severe blow to the head.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump for Aza
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BAD!!! That’s the one.

AFL is looking to cap interchange further.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api...mpression=true
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Well finally the AFL has now officially lost the plot.

Interchange cut for AFL, second-tier comp to trial new zone rule in 2021

The AFL has cut interchange next year to 75 from 90 and will trial a rule in the new second-tier competition requiring teams to reset in zones at every boundary throw-in and kick-in as well as every centre bounce.

The league has also tweaked several other rules for the AFL competition next year, with players standing the mark to receive a 50-metre penalty for any lateral movement before "play on" is called.

Players on the mark at kick-ins will also have to move five metres futher back – giving the player kicking in more time and space to play on.

The radical trial of more zones in the second tier competition will require a minimum of three pairs of players to be in each of the two 50m arcs at boundary throw-ins and kick-ins.

The existing rule, which requires teams to break into six pairs of players in each zone for centre bounces, will remain and run in tandem with the new trial.

The move for a half-reset of player positions at the boundary throw-ins and kick-ins is a significant next step in the push to declutter the game.

The AFL said in a statement that the "officiating umpire will not recommence play until all players are in position. Where a team fails to comply at a boundary throw-in, a free kick shall be awarded to the player of the opposing team at the point of the stoppage. Where the attacking team fails to comply at a kick in, a 50-metre penalty shall be awarded to the defending team."

It is as yet unknown how long players will have to get back in position.

Ball-ups are not included under the new rule.

An email to clubs from the AFL on Wednesday advising of the rule said the game would have to wait for players to be in position before it resumed, but said details of how it will be umpired would be communicated later.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Just for you BAD

AFL announces rule changes for 2021

The AFL will slash interchange rotations from 90 to 75 a match next year in a bid to bust open ugly congestion.

AFL football operations boss Steve Hocking announced the change on Wednesday afternoon.

The league is also looking at trialling new zone rules in its new second-tier competition as it looks to open up the game.

Teams will still be allowed four interchange players.

The league will also crack down on players standing the mark.

If the defending player moves off the mark in any direction prior to ‘play on’ being called, a 50-metre penalty will apply,” AFL football operations boss Steve Hocking announced.

Players kicking the ball in from a behind will also be given more space.

Next year the mark will be set at 15m from the kick-in line — an increase of five metres from last year.

Looking ahead to next year, the league is still working on the length of the season and how the fixturing will work.

But quarters will return to 20 minutes plus time-on, following this year’s COVID-striken season of 18 rounds and 16-minute quarters plus time on.

In the league-second-teir comp, which will replace the VFL and NEAFL next season, a minimum of three players from each team will have to be inside their team’s attacking 50m arc at all kick-ins and boundary throw-ins.

Collingwood forward Mason Cox took to Twitter on Wednesday afternoon to protest the changes.

“Any chance we could keep the rules the same for once?” the American posted

“It’s been hard enough learning it from scratch much less it changing every year.

“Being an umpire would be a nightmare. Every year there are more changes to AFL than any other sport in the world I feel like.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Just for you BAD

AFL announces rule changes for 2021

The AFL will slash interchange rotations from 90 to 75 a match next year in a bid to bust open ugly congestion.

AFL football operations boss Steve Hocking announced the change on Wednesday afternoon.

The league is also looking at trialling new zone rules in its new second-tier competition as it looks to open up the game.

Teams will still be allowed four interchange players.

The league will also crack down on players standing the mark.

If the defending player moves off the mark in any direction prior to ‘play on’ being called, a 50-metre penalty will apply,” AFL football operations boss Steve Hocking announced.

Players kicking the ball in from a behind will also be given more space.

Next year the mark will be set at 15m from the kick-in line — an increase of five metres from last year.

Looking ahead to next year, the league is still working on the length of the season and how the fixturing will work.

But quarters will return to 20 minutes plus time-on, following this year’s COVID-striken season of 18 rounds and 16-minute quarters plus time on.

In the league-second-teir comp, which will replace the VFL and NEAFL next season, a minimum of three players from each team will have to be inside their team’s attacking 50m arc at all kick-ins and boundary throw-ins.

Collingwood forward Mason Cox took to Twitter on Wednesday afternoon to protest the changes.

“Any chance we could keep the rules the same for once?” the American posted

“It’s been hard enough learning it from scratch much less it changing every year.

“Being an umpire would be a nightmare. Every year there are more changes to AFL than any other sport in the world I feel like.”
    This comes into the AFL ie the zones, I am officially out.

Post Thanks / Like

A league mandating increased player fatigue is a league bereft of answers, often to questions nobody's posing but themselves.

Not to mention their endless appetite for galling pedantry. Just scrap players on the mark altogether.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh. There are so many existing levers that City Hall could use to reduce congestion and increase the speed of ball movement (and then increase scoring) but all they do is tinker around the edges and make the umpire's job even more difficult with increased subjective grey area adjudications like this 1m protected zone on the mark BS.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the justification of making "more Dustin Martin moments". You could play the game with 11 a side and a round ball and Ronaldo couldn't make more Dustin Martin moments.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Likes Sedat, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Steve Hocking listened to people and made considered changes..........man I hate being grin-*!*!*!*!ed by this guy.

What kind of dickhead thinks making an already complex game more technical is a way to improve it?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This comes into the AFL ie the zones, I am officially out.
    Bye. You know and I know that is what's next.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I loved the justification of making "more Dustin Martin moments". You could play the game with 11 a side and a round ball and Ronaldo couldn't make more Dustin Martin moments.
    As an aside, hasn't Dusty come a long way since Mr Miyagi and some stray chopsticks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Apparently Steve Hocking listened to people and made considered changes..........man I hate being grin-*!*!*!*!ed by this guy.

What kind of dickhead thinks making an already complex game more technical is a way to improve it?
    900k a year this clown gets paid. City Hall are so detached from reality.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have thought fatigue would not only add to congestion but also increase the risk of injury.
    If a player gets tired isn't natural to slow the game down and hold onto the ball and chip it around.
    I'd call them wankers but its an insult to a wanker.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...