Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  176
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are You Sick Of The Afl Changing Rules Every Year

I want them to proceed with this because I want to see them try to police it but also because it'd surely be death knell of these deluded vandals.

Maybe just grease the players up Rene Kink-style between quarters.

Or stretch a giant tarp over the field, turn the sprinklers on and make it a big slip-n-slide. Interchanges could be made by giant water slide. You can splash your opponent but NO tackling, 'kay?

You know that's only mildly more ridiculous than whatever they're planning for the next instalment of AFELX.

Their evangelical obsession with more goals = more $$$ is dangerous.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is a change to the tackling rules being demanded by fans just like the fans are demanding mid-season trading?

I'm really excited to find out what else I'm demanding next.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes jeemak, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Is a change to the tackling rules being demanded by fans just like the fans are demanding mid-season trading?

Massive pay rises for the underpayed ideas guys at the AFL of course. They would never ask for one themselves.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Can we make a list pact? If anyone wins the powerball tonight, a super league of former AFEL teams gets formed.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 18-07-2019 at 01:09 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I want them to proceed with this because I want to see them try to police it but also because it'd surely be death knell of these deluded vandals.

Maybe just grease the players up Rene Kink-style between quarters.

Or stretch a giant tarp over the field, turn the sprinklers on and make it a big slip-n-slide. Interchanges could be made by giant water slide. You can splash your opponent but NO tackling, 'kay?

You know that's only mildly more ridiculous than whatever they're planning for the next instalment of AFELX.

Their evangelical obsession with more goals = more $$$ is dangerous.
    Then grease them up AFL. Like the West Coast players in the mid 2000s

9. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

HOW WAS bloody Whateley doing Gill & Hocking's bidding by promptly trotting out the breath-taking claim that mid-season trading has a long, rich history in the competition so, y'know, get around it.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I love how the deluded twats make these types of statements:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...17-p5284z.html

‘‘We need more time on that, to understand it [tackling]. But people should take some confidence that we are looking at the right things.’’

How much of your own bathwater can you drink you dickheads? This is exactly what we don't think is happening you self indulgent wankers.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes bornadog, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If think its time the presidents unite and all eighteen clubs tell them to stop meddling or they will dissolve the commission and take the league back into its own hands. If they are united they can have the power.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

AFL always feels lacking in transparency. There's an insecurity about the way rules are changed so quickly and easily. It must be a very hard game to umpire. At the same time the stuff ups with score reviews are disheartening. I wonder how many umpires are in the rules commission?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

It's a silly suggestion, it's an important part of the game. We should do everything reasonable to rid head high tackles from the game but tackling should stay
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's a silly suggestion, it's an important part of the game. We should do everything reasonable to rid head high tackles from the game but tackling should stay
    They're well and truly dislocated from reality, if they think fans think tackle counts are on the nose to the fans.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really struggling to understand why tackling is such a concern. When done well it adds to the spectacle of the game.

Post Thanks / Like

But they are so bloody stupid about how it's interpreted anyway. I mean they have backed themselves into a corner by changing the tackling rules so that the tackler isn't penalised if a tackle slips upwards above the shoulders due to an arm shrug, or a player lowering his body.

Read: if your arms are stronger than the tacklers you might get penalised, oh and by the way, everyone has to run around completely upright or you might get penalised.

This is how dumb this organisation is.

I get if a player ducks and instigates head high contact because of ducking that they shouldn't get a free kick. But, outside of that it should be the tacklers responsibility to ensure the tackle stays below the shoulders and above the knees, end of story.

And to suggest it isn't a skill they want to see become a feature...….I mean really? Have a read of the verbal ca ca that is spewing from this guy's mouth:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...17-p5284z.html

Hocking said that tackling had become ‘‘a feature’’ of the game and that the AFL wanted to see the number of tackles reduced, although he did not specify the desired number.
    ‘‘I have a very strong view on that. It has become a feature of our game and all the stuff that we’re analysing is how to get a balance back in that so that it’s not a feature of the game.
    ‘‘I don’t think there’s a number ... but certainly we don’t want that [tackling] necessarily as a skill.’’

What kind of lunatic says this shit about something that's been an integral part of the game for decades and decades?

I've said it once and I'll say it again, the AFL is so very bloody lucky it has no rock solid competition in this country. It is being run by the worst type of clowns.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And it's Steve Hocking saying it. And Shocking used some appalling treatment over his career.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

21. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Presumably this genius Hocking would look unfavourably at the greatest tackle of the decade, the Glove on Buddy