Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  176
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are You Sick Of The Afl Changing Rules Every Year

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Thanks TD. These rules will do nothing to make the game better, just complicate umpiring even more
    The chart shows that decreasing the rotations has done nothing to stop congestion yet this guy suggests that they will cut it more just to prove their point.
    I may be stupid but I would have thought if a player is fatigued he will play keepings off to give players a bit of a reprieve so expect more chipping around half back. Also wouldn't the skills drop off as a player tires so are they after the game on display look like under nines.
    I suppose they are looking at zones so the Dogs need to get on the front foot and start drafting nine year old's.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    The chart shows that decreasing the rotations has done nothing to stop congestion yet this guy suggests that they will cut it more just to prove their point.
    I may be stupid but I would have thought if a player is fatigued he will play keepings off to give players a bit of a reprieve so expect more chipping around half back. Also wouldn't the skills drop off as a player tires so are they after the game on display look like under nines.
    I suppose they are looking at zones so the Dogs need to get on the front foot and start drafting nine year old's.
    I don't want to see the stars of the game fatigued and skills dropping off, which will mean fewer goals anyway.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I for one welcome the AFEL's new marketing pitch to the world ...

"A professional sporting code that purposely fatigues its players?

MAN, I'd like to see that."
    BORDERLINE FLYING

5. Likes jeemak, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It boggles the mind, doesn't it. Like there's some magic number where you fatigue people just enough and the flood gates open!

And you're right, teams will play keepings off, they will prioritise defence, and they will transition the ball forward more slowly when they're tired.

As for the man on the mark rule, the AFL is saying that if a player runs further away from the kicker but inboard they may have a fifty paid against them. Good luck umpiring that without making the crowd irate!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why they are bringing in the man on the mark rule at all. It makes no sense, will have a derogatory effect on the game, will infuriate supporters and be impossible to umpire.

All in all it should be an outstanding success.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

8. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL loves tinkering. Keeps a few favoured ones in a job that is not needed. Prefer it if they money goes to helping out clubs instead. It is what it is. Let’s hope we adjust quicker than others.

Do you think we have enough high endurance players to make this work to our advantage?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    AFL loves tinkering. Keeps a few favoured ones in a job that is not needed. Prefer it if they money goes to helping out clubs instead. It is what it is. Let’s hope we adjust quicker than others.

Do you think we have enough high endurance players to make this work to our advantage?
    I think so.......relative to most other clubs we're probably OK.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quarter lengths will return to 20min next year. Thats minutes for those of you confused over measurements. It's a measurement of time and used to measure quarter length in the AFL.

Also been mentioned that floating fixtures will return. Only the first 6 rounds will be locked in.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh geez here we go again.

New rule adjustment ��

- players on the mark cannot move laterally
    - players cannot swap on the mark
    - new 5m protected area around the player on the mark that teammates cannot enter https://t.co/J0CXKqtVRb

People already saying that players will just not be on the mark and again stand 5m behind it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Oh geez here we go again.

New rule adjustment ��

- players on the mark cannot move laterally
    - players cannot swap on the mark
    - new 5m protected area around the player on the mark that teammates cannot enter https://t.co/J0CXKqtVRb

People already saying that players will just not be on the mark and again stand 5m behind it

I think I asked in another thread why you'd bother maning the mark. If it prevents you from covering someone further up the field the only time it seems worth-while is when they take a set shot or if your defensive structure is set up already

Post Thanks / Like

Players should get the umpire to point where exactly the mark is, stand on with arms folded and not move until called to play on.
    It would be such a good look for the AFL and I wonder how long it will be before the memo goes out.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Players should get the umpire to point where exactly the mark is, stand on with arms folded and not move until called to play on.
    It would be such a good look for the AFL and I wonder how long it will be before the memo goes out.
    I think it would be best if the umpires carry little spray cans like the soccer refs and paint a little circle for the player to stand in every time there is a mark or a free kick.

16. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I think I asked in another thread why you'd bother maning the mark. If it prevents you from covering someone further up the field the only time it seems worth-while is when they take a set shot or if your defensive structure is set up already
    This was my though too - the player Manning needs to decide whether to stand on the mark and stop the player playing on, or to move upfield and provide another defensive option.

I suppose the net outcome will be many more 50m penalties early and the player chasing the overlap runner not being able to charge to the marking player knowing they switch w the original man on the mark.

ItÂ’ll have a big impact on the game IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Report on SEN that isn't up anymore that Steve Hocking wanted to make defensive spoils over the boundary line a free kick but the clubs put their foot down at that point.

Not sure why it was taken down though so take it with a grain of salt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Report on SEN that isn't up anymore that Steve Hocking wanted to make defensive spoils over the boundary line a free kick but the clubs put their foot down at that point.

Not sure why it was taken down though so take it with a grain of salt
    These pricks in AFL HQ should be sacked.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.