Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  176
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are You Sick Of The Afl Changing Rules Every Year

Gerard The Oracle 2.4 Whateley is telling us all what a wonderful job Steve Hocking and the competition committee is doing. Surely that is sufficient enough for us mere mortals lol.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Gerard The Oracle 2.4 Whateley is telling us all what a wonderful job Steve Hocking and the competition committee is doing. Surely that is sufficient enough for us mere mortals lol.
    Hocking spoke of the high quality and convincing data that's been gathered from the small amount of games the changes have been trialed within to justify a switch in rules. I would like to see this data, because, as a relatively analytical person I think I'd be set at ease if I could.

Both Robbo and 2.4 were singing the praises of the process and suggested the AFL wouldn't do anything radical to the rules unless they'd done the work and there was a solid case. Cool, just share the data so we can all look at it and can give you permission to potentially *!*!*!*! the game up, because after all, it's our game and not theirs.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Hocking spoke of the high quality and convincing data that's been gathered from the small amount of games the changes have been trialed within to justify a switch in rules. I would like to see this data, because, as a relatively analytical person I think I'd be set at ease if I could.

Both Robbo and 2.4 were singing the praises of the process and suggested the AFL wouldn't do anything radical to the rules unless they'd done the work and there was a solid case. Cool, just share the data so we can all look at it and can give you permission to potentially *!*!*!*! the game up, because after all, it's our game and not theirs.
    Apparently Hocking went to a half of a VFL match - that convinced him

The other moron pushing these changes is Blight. Heard him with Whately this morning. Can't stand his opinions about the game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Hocking and his media fluffers have been trotting that party line for months now with no sign of this data anywhere. Maybe it is safely tucked away in crates in Roswell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Apparently Hocking went to a half of a VFL match - that convinced him

The other moron pushing these changes is Blight. Heard him with Whately this morning. Can't stand his opinions about the game.
    I've always said Blight doesn't put enough tobacco in with his weed. He's out of control.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Hocking and his media fluffers have been trotting that party line for months now with no sign of this data anywhere. Maybe it is safely tucked away in crates in Roswell.
    They left it at the reception at ASADA's offices.

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't for the Dogs I would not be following this sport. I think every paid up member of the football community should get to do a postal vote on rule changes. That would eliminate the casual flybuy supporters and if you want a say you pay up to do so.
    The game is changing too much when there was nothing wrong with the rules 40 years ago.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

10. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    If it wasn't for the Dogs I would not be following this sport. I think every paid up member of the football community should get to do a postal vote on rule changes. That would eliminate the casual flybuy supporters and if you want a say you pay up to do so.
    The game is changing too much when there was nothing wrong with the rules 40 years ago.
    WE don't need a postal vote, simple, we don't need changes.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

6-6-6 seems like a great rule to me.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I mentioned this elsewhere but I would have liked to see the natural levers in the game being pulled before considering a structural change like 6-6-6. The natural levers need to be simplified in any event because the game in its current form is almost impossible to umpire:

Much quicker ball-ups, boundary throw-ins
    No prior opp - either it is HTB/incorrect disposal or it is incorrect tackle.
    Drastically reduced interchange - 10 per qtr max.

6-6-6 will certainly make the last 2 minutes of a close game exciting. No more flooding back en masse.

14. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These proposed rule changes are doing nothing at all to get me back through the gates.

Head Office has really lost the plot.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

16. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But what happens if the ball isn't cleared and we get repeat stoppage/s? This rule isn't in play and players will swarm around the ball and behind the ball.

Personally I have more issue with the way the ground is set up after a point (18 man defensive zones hurt my eyes) and from stoppages around the ground where the field is condensed and feel starting points in these situations would be a better idea.

Post Thanks / Like

for 20 seconds after a goal and start of the quarter

Post Thanks / Like

People realise they are talking to someone who watches 6-6-6 every week when they ask these "hypotheticals" yeah?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    But what happens if the ball isn't cleared and we get repeat stoppage/s? This rule isn't in play and players will swarm around the ball and behind the ball.

Personally I have more issue with the way the ground is set up after a point (18 man defensive zones hurt my eyes) and from stoppages around the ground where the field is condensed and feel starting points in these situations would be a better idea.
    No issue with what you are saying...but if the ball IS cleared then we have equal numbers ahead of/behind the ball.

I have had my say on kick-ins and 18-player zones and I still think the 3+ 2 rule (each team must have 3 players inside forward half + 2 inside 50) for every stoppage and kick-in...once play resumes, they go where they want and reset...

It turns an 18-man zone (aka 36 man zone) into a 13 man zone (26 man zone) in the blink of an eye. Been doing this at 18's level - including the champs - for 5 years. It is simple, easy to understand (for players and spectators) and it WORKS.

The goal-square idea doesn't make much sense to me BUT I have never seen it in action so it is hard to comment.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.