Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  176
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are You Sick Of The Afl Changing Rules Every Year

Talk of getting rid of the hands in the back rule now.

The more it changes the more it stays the same. Seriously, the AFL is replacing Canberra as the nation's biggest laughing stock.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Talk of getting rid of the hands in the back rule now.

The more it changes the more it stays the same. Seriously, the AFL is replacing Canberra as the nation's biggest laughing stock.
    They will need a leadership spill before it gets to that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Hocking spoke of the high quality and convincing data that's been gathered from the small amount of games the changes have been trialed within to justify a switch in rules. I would like to see this data, because, as a relatively analytical person I think I'd be set at ease if I could.

Both Robbo and 2.4 were singing the praises of the process and suggested the AFL wouldn't do anything radical to the rules unless they'd done the work and there was a solid case. Cool, just share the data so we can all look at it and can give you permission to potentially *!*!*!*! the game up, because after all, it's our game and not theirs.
    Yep. Shocking Steve Hocking needs to stop acting like him and his mates own the game. They may have hijacked it and get to run it for now but they will find out just how angry people can get if he tries to ram his rules through without explaining, and that involves showing us this 'data' (which I don't actually believe exists)

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I've always said Blight doesn't put enough tobacco in with his weed. He's out of control.
    It's an Adelaide thing.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

So have I got this right? They are planning to make the goal square longer but not wider... so it's not a square any more, it's a long rectangle extending out from the goals?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    So have I got this right? They are planning to make the goal square longer but not wider... so it's not a square any more, it's a long rectangle extending out from the goals?
    It's actually a rectangle now.

Post Thanks / Like

The goal rectangle. That really rolls off the tongue.

7. Likes craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    The goal rectangle. That really rolls off the tongue.
    I prefer "The Goal Oblong"

9. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    I prefer "The Goal Oblong"
    The Goblong.

Sounds a bit obscene though.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Well if any changes are made on the number of tackles, I am just about done with this sport.

AFL wants to cut back on tackling

The AFL is being run by morons
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Well if any changes are made on the number of tackles, I am just about done with this sport.

What a stupid idea. Why not force players to handball after they kick so the amount of handballs and kicks are exactly the same? Or take shots at goal from the goal sqaure by turning around and kicking the ball over their head because it makes about as much sense to me.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

These blokes are all that far up each others' butts, it's not surprising that all they come up with is shit.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not just call it the Australian Oval Basketball League and done with it.

The game will soon be unrecognisable from it traditional concept.

From Wiki:
    In 1993, the AFL Commission assumed control of the AFL from the AFL Board of Directors (in effect, the 15 AFL clubs at that time). Subsequently, the Board of Directors voted itself out of existence, and a new Memorandum and Articles of Association were adopted for the AFL. It also assumed national governance of the sport (see Principle 2 below) when it absorbed the ANFC.

In hind sight maybe not the best move they made in making the league a dictatorship.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Why not just call it the Australian Oval Basketball League and done with it.

The game will soon be unrecognisable from it traditional concept.

From Wiki:
    In 1993, the AFL Commission assumed control of the AFL from the AFL Board of Directors (in effect, the 15 AFL clubs at that time). Subsequently, the Board of Directors voted itself out of existence, and a new Memorandum and Articles of Association were adopted for the AFL. It also assumed national governance of the sport (see Principle 2 below) when it absorbed the ANFC.

In hind sight maybe not the best move they made in making the league a dictatorship.
    Rule changes began in earnest not long after 1993, with one of the most significant being Prior Opportunity which was tweaked in 1996 and is now a farce.

Meddling with tackling is the last straw.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The professionalism of these clowns is exemplified by the goal review system, a total farce which is costing teams games.
    Hocking and co think they need to be making changes to justify their inflated salaries and their inflated sense of worth.
    So what is their proposed number of tackles rule ? Perhaps if a team exceeds the number they will all be sent off ? Of course there will be another genius in the video review box to decide every time what was and what wasn't a tackle. The end result of this interfering crap = touch football and empty stands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    The professionalism of these clowns is exemplified by the goal review system, a total farce which is costing teams games.
    Hocking and co think they need to be making changes to justify their inflated salaries and their inflated sense of worth.
    So what is their proposed number of tackles rule ? Perhaps if a team exceeds the number they will all be sent off ? Of course there will be another genius in the video review box to decide every time what was and what wasn't a tackle. The end result of this interfering crap = touch football and empty stands.
    Maybe it will be like NRL and the 5 tackles rule

19. Likes boydogs liked this post