Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  176
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are You Sick Of The Afl Changing Rules Every Year

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Is this one of your jokes that I don't get?
    GG has jokes?
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this one of your jokes that I don't get?
    I think he's saying that he's tired of Bevo being the default voice of Anti-AFL doom every time 'something' is announced. If feels like if you want an angry 'Anti-AFL' story/counter AFL-viewpoint, just give Bevo a call down at the 'dogs and he'll provide the clickbait.

I don't want him to be happy Jack but I really wish we got to 'sometimes' see Happy Bevo - I'm not asking him to inherit Neale Daniher's 'The Rev' mantle back from when he was coaching the Dees but an occasional positive message about the game, the club, his life etc...I mean, I know it's too much to ask but should it be?? I have spoken to people who have had interactions with our coach and couldn't be more positive about the experience...yet I swear 90% of the headlines he is part of have negative connotations.

I've said this one million times. The Bulldogs are my 'FUN'. For most supporters it is a 'FUN' part of their lives. I know it's life and death for those involved but perhaps just an occasional acknowledgement that most people WATCH the game for enjoyment and it's OK to reflect positively on the experience would be amazing. (Oh yeah - and maybe open up training a bit and look after the supporters a bit more and don't treat them as if they are part of an anti-Bulldogs conspiracy).
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

4. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    GG has jokes?
    A pirate walked into a bar with the steering wheel from his ship down his pants….

The barmen, looking bewildered eventually asked the pirate “why do you have a steering wheel down your pants?”

The pirate turned, wiped his mouth and exclaimed “Arrrrr, it’s drivin’ me nuts!”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I think he's saying that he's tired of Bevo being the default voice of Anti-AFL doom every time 'something' is announced. If feels like if you want an angry 'Anti-AFL' story/counter AFL-viewpoint, just give Bevo a call down at the 'dogs and he'll provide the clickbait.

I don't want him to be happy Jack but I really wish we got to 'sometimes' see Happy Bevo - I'm not asking him to inherit Neale Daniher's 'The Rev' mantle back from when he was coaching the Dees but an occasional positive message about the game, the club, his life etc...I mean, I know it's too much to ask but should it be?? I have spoken to people who have had interactions with our coach and couldn't be more positive about the experience...yet I swear 90% of the headlines he is part of have negative connotations.

I've said this one million times. The Bulldogs are my 'FUN'. For most supporters it is a 'FUN' part of their lives. I know it's life and death for those involved but perhaps just an occasional acknowledgement that most people WATCH the game for enjoyment and it's OK to reflect positively on the experience would be amazing. (Oh yeah - and maybe open up training a bit and look after the supporters a bit more and don't treat them as if they are part of an anti-Bulldogs conspiracy).
    Spot on. Can’t see the point of biting every time. It’s what they want. As much as it may seem that way to some there’s no media conspiracy against Bevo. He just doesn’t appear to be able to keep his emotions in check long enough to handle them.
    They’re parasites they’ll feed off his anger like Cartman drinking Scott Tenorman’s tears!

7. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Spot on. Can’t see the point of biting every time. It’s what they want. As much as it may seem that way to some there’s no media conspiracy against Bevo. He just doesn’t appear to be able to keep his emotions in check long enough to handle them.
    They’re parasites they’ll feed off his anger like Cartman drinking Scott Tenorman’s tears!

This is one issue I am so happy he tackled and answered. Everyone is so meek and mild and accept all the bullshit from AFL house. They are a joke of an organisation.

There is a lot to be angry about. Having said that the last few pressers have been fantastic
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

OK. I'm cutting and pasting and reposting my own post.

Now watch more and more higher and harder tackles as defenders now feel they've been given a green light to tackle high. If a player ducks are leans into a high tackle, the tackler knows, or guesses it won't be a free kick so it's carte blanche for maximum force to be applied. Every rule change has unintended consequences.

Did you see that tackle against Ginivan that started high and then turned into a vicious headlock and a crunch into the ground.

Last week it was borderline reportable...........now it's "PLAY ON!!!".
    The AFL have just declared open season on small forwards and now they have a target painted on their necks. Someone is gonna get their neck broken in a crunching headlock tackle............ The umpires now have another 'shade of grey' to deal with.
    The AFL rules committee is run by imbeciles.

10. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, everyone knows that it's perfectly natural for players to be perfectly perpendicular to the ground when they have the footy.

There's absolutely no excuse not to be standing up exactly straight at all times on the footy field.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes Dancin' Douggy, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    OK. I'm cutting and pasting and reposting my own post.

Now watch more and more higher and harder tackles as defenders now feel they've been given a green light to tackle high. If a player ducks are leans into a high tackle, the tackler knows, or guesses it won't be a free kick so it's carte blanche for maximum force to be applied. Every rule change has unintended consequences.

Did you see that tackle against Ginivan that started high and then turned into a vicious headlock and a crunch into the ground.

Last week it was borderline reportable...........now it's "PLAY ON!!!".
    The AFL have just declared open season on small forwards and now they have a target painted on their necks. Someone is gonna get their neck broken in a crunching headlock tackle............ The umpires now have another 'shade of grey' to deal with.
    The AFL rules committee is run by imbeciles.
    Rhylee West got mauled last night, and it was play on
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Here we go again. Umpires expected to adjudicate on this:

Players who try to milk 50m penalties by faking handballs are in the AFL's sights in a change to the 'stand' rule, reports
    What if the player changes there mind and they haven't actually moved off the mark?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Here we go again. Umpires expected to adjudicate on this:

What if the player changes there mind and they haven't actually moved off the mark?
    Wow tackling the big issues.

Post Thanks / Like

GG, the AFL is making a mockery of football

Post Thanks / Like

GG, the AFL is making a mockery of football
    What is your issue with this rule change?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    What is your issue with this rule change?
    Why can't a player do a fake handball motion to trick the option player. It has been done for over 100 years ie selling the dummy.

Why can't a player change their mind? As long as they don't go off their mark, the player with the ball has the option to handball or kick it, but could change their mind. I don't understand why there is a problem. Now the umpire has to decide whether the player was trying to sell the dummy or the player changed their mind. It makes the umpire's job even more difficult.

19. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I was speaking in context of the afl not you.

Seriously why is this something to be worried about.

You can pick the eyes out of every moment and find a rule change its crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

So a rule that's designed to make players stand still allows players not to stand still.

Brilliant!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.