Thanks Thanks:  53
Likes Likes:  126
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inside The Kennel

NEW EPISODE!
    Premiership Bulldog Jordan Roughead shares his wild journey, along the way to the most remarkable magic carpet ride - the 2016 Grand Final - in this unmissable episode!
    Last edited by Mat Lyons; 10-04-2024 at 11:09 AM.

2. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes MrMahatma, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

INCREDIBLE interview with Bulldogs champion Merv Hobbs!

Free and all yours to enjoy!...

<strong><span style="font-family: inherit"><span style="font-family: inherit">
    Last edited by Mat Lyons; 10-04-2024 at 11:10 AM.

4. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mat Lyons View Post
    INCREDIBLE interview with Bulldogs champion Merv Hobbs!

Free and all yours to enjoy!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgfcAOsWhc8
    Damn I was in Ararat two weeks ago for a car show , wish I could recognise him . Absolute legend with that mark all those years ago.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Tells some ripping stories about EJ and some of the boys back then! What a tragedy to lose him at aged 23 from league footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Bulldog Channel

One of the greats of our game - Richard Osborne - dropped in to share this classic footy tale with me on Inside The Kennel. Don't miss this classic interview!...
    https://youtu.be/IqVOc0Nrn-g?si=HIfMwu49JNCQHKdY

I was glad to hear Ossie reflect on his decision to go to the NFL tryout camp in the U.S. straight after joining the dogs. I remember being very pissed off at the time. Great to hear him say that it was the wrong thing to do and that he regretted it. A fine player for us.

8. Likes Mat Lyons liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

NEW EPISODE!
    Premiership Bulldog Jordan Roughead shares his wild journey, along the way to the most remarkable magic carpet ride - the 2016 Grand Final - in this unmissable episode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbVSgtkN010
    Another great interview Mat.

Roughy comes across as a very intelligent and insightful interviewee. Interesting to hear his take on Rocket's manner when dealing with him. It appeared to take you by surprise.

Post Thanks / Like

It was really interesting to hear Roughy say that - if you haven't watched my interview with Rocket, do so, as he has a very different take on how he communicated with players!

Thanks for supporting the pod - I am interviewing Barry Standfield tonight

11. Likes GVGjr, macca, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was really interesting to hear Roughy say that - if you haven't watched my interview with Rocket, do so, as he has a very different take on how he communicated with players!

Don't forget to ask him if he lined up on Plugger for a few minutes in his first game with us? Chris Grant at one end and Standfield at the other. Grant in #29 and Standfield in #47

I also recall when he replaced Scott Wynd in the ruck early in a game against Carlton and went on to play a big role in that win.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Don't forget to ask him if he lined up on Plugger for a few minutes in his first game with us? Chris Grant at one end and Standfield at the other. Grant in #29 and Standfield in #47

I also recall when he replaced Scott Wynd in the ruck early in a game against Carlton and went on to play a big role in that win.
    I remember that day against Carlton as well. Punched well above his weight all day.

Full of heart that bloke.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

16. Likes GVGjr, Mat Lyons liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They're on my question list - looking forward to following up on your reminder about how he slayed Harry Madden at Princess Park!

Post Thanks / Like

They're on my question list - looking forward to following up on your reminder about how he slayed Harry Madden at Princess Park!
    Was bog that day. I remember Wyndy laying prostrate in front of the Heatley stand. Apparently convulsing.
    After the game i remember seeing Peter Welsh standing outside our race and a couple of Carlton supporters walking by had a crack at him so he told them to pi55 off.
    Great day on their dung heap.

19. Likes Mat Lyons liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, exactly. Just had my interview with 'Fish' and he goes into great detail about that day playing on Madden and being the "unlikely hero". I will share it next month, but the episode is in the queue behind Geoff Jennings and Neil Cordy.

I have Dale Morris coming up - any questions you'd like me to probe?

21. Likes bornadog, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, exactly. Just had my interview with 'Fish' and he goes into great detail about that day playing on Madden and being the "unlikely hero". I will share it next month, but the episode is in the queue behind Geoff Jennings and Neil Cordy.

I have Dale Morris coming up - any questions you'd like me to probe?
    Thanks Mat. Could you please ask Dale, how bad was his back in the GF? Did he have pain during the game?

Also, ask him if he would have liked to play in a different role in his footy career, instead of backline.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

23. Thanks Mat Lyons thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mat, could you ask Dale what was the best win he was ever apart of excluding the grand final?