Thanks Thanks:  53
Likes Likes:  126
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Bulldog Channel

I will never forget Rockets 50th thanks to the people of WOOF.
    He is a down to earth bloke .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Gday Mat - do you have a podcast as well I can download and listen without YouTube?

3. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mat Lyons View Post
    Epic new interview with Luke Darcy! Not to be missed...

Episode includes cracking stories such as Darcy king hitting Bob Murphy, having a grenade thrown at him and removing a leech from Brain Lake's mouth. I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I did interviewing him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDY_BXjBlMo
    Absolutely brilliant interview Mat. Shows what a great and humble character Luke is and what an incredible Bulldog family. I remember watching Dave Darcy at full back in games at Whitten Oval. He was almost never beaten in a contest, especially a marking contest, and then regularly streamed out of the backline and connected with precision kicking. Didn't know the story of his move to Adelaide until watching this.

I also want to compliment you on the way you interview generally. A journo. who doesn't go for the gotcha moment and allows the subject the space to expand their perspective is a rarity. At the same time you manage to raise touchy subjects in a very positive way.

Congratulations on the Channel. It is a great resource for all the WOOFers who love our club. I am a sub. and glad to see the numbers rising.

Keep em coming Mat.

Post Thanks / Like

<font color="#050505"><span style="font-family: system-ui"> One of the greats of our game - Richard Osborne - dropped in to share this classic footy tale with me on Inside The Kennel. Don't miss this classic interview!...
    https://youtu.be/IqVOc0Nrn-g?si=HIfMwu49JNCQHKdY

Last edited by Mat Lyons; 10-04-2024 at 11:10 AM.

6. Thanks Twodogs, Uninformed, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the greats of our game - Richard Osborne - dropped in to share this classic footy tale with me on Inside The Kennel. Don't miss this classic interview!...

He was an absolute gun. Sadly under rated. When he got on that wide arc he never missed.
    All class .
    Bring back the biff

8. Likes Mat Lyons liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the greats of our game - Richard Osborne - dropped in to share this classic footy tale with me on Inside The Kennel. Don't miss this classic interview!...

Nice, still remember that time he was horribly concussed up in Sydney and the ambulance came on the field.

Post Thanks / Like

Can we change the title of this thread to "Inside The Kennel"?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

11. Likes bornadog, Mat Lyons liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How do I do that SG?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Nice, still remember that time he was horribly concussed up in Sydney and the ambulance came on the field.
    How do I do that SG?
    All done
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Too good. Thanks G!

Stay tuned for my interview releases with Dale Morris, Les Bamblett, Jordan Roughead and Brad Hardie in the coming month. I hope WOOFers enjoy.

Plus, Dougie and I will be doing our video appraisal of the upcoming practice match.

16. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, Uninformed, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs Training Sessions for the 2024 Season

Extended Practice Match Vision!

Dougie and Mattie discuss how changes to the game-style and structure is paying dividends, as the Bulldogs launch their 2024 campaign, with only one objective in mind: a premiership!

https://youtu.be/ih49Yb1C-ek

18. Likes Testekill, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Extended Practice Match Vision!

Dougie and Mattie discuss how changes to the game-style and structure is paying dividends, as the Bulldogs launch their 2024 campaign, with only one objective in mind: a premiership!

https://youtu.be/ih49Yb1C-ek
    Thanks for that Mat , you whipped that up quick , sometimes Doug gives us something out of the box we can think about.
    I noticed you thanked Raelene in the credits she has always been a rock to Doug.

This is the best list I’ve ever seen at the dogs with depth and talls . Doug is right it’s time, if this list can get it together we could have a few flags coming.
    Bring back the biff

20. Likes Mat Lyons liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Ledge. How was the vision of Marra coming off the bench and straight into the marking contest?! https://youtu.be/ih49Yb1C-ek

Yep, really interesting insights from Dougie about his depression and comparison to Baz.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Ledge. How was the vision of Marra coming off the bench and straight into the marking contest?! https://youtu.be/ih49Yb1C-ek

Yep, really interesting insights from Dougie about his depression and comparison to Baz.
    One thing that Power has done is find talls who are exceptional when the ball hits the ground , years ago if you were tall you were no good with a ground ball , all our talls have ground skills.
    Jamara , English , Darcy , Naughton all have great ground ball skills and let’s not forget Bont.
    Doug mentioned Templeton and Beasley as champions and they were amazing but I’m not sure I can remember either kicking goals after picking it off the turf and a baulk or side step in a pack.
    They just weren’t any good at it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inside The Kennel

Different times though wasn't it and I think you can't compare past players with current ones.
    They got a lot of leading up to the ball and one on ones today game tends to be more congested and you need mobility to work around it.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...