Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  93
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is your current favourite player and why?

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Bailey Williams is my favourite. When he's up and about we look better. I love his attributes he can run, he is a penetrating kick, knows how to kick a goal and is tough and unassuming. Also really effective in the air. I'm hoping we get a good, consistent version of him this year because it's his time. Richards would be a very close second for very similar reasons.
    These are my two in order as well.
    WOOF Member 422

2. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just can’t go past Naughty, I think it’s underrated how good he is and has been for his age. He’s on track to be one of our best ever forwards IMO and hands down the best key forward in the comp.

But more for me it’s the joy he brings to watch him play footy. The infectious energy at ground level, the ridiculously chaotic high flying marking, the extreme athletic profile combined with his raw strength, and his intent to play on and keep the ball moving towards goal at all times.

He plays the way footy should be played

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Macrae usually but now neck and neck with Libba[esp the last two years]. Both get in and under and distribute. Special mentions to the astronaut for what he can do so uncannily,weightman for enthusiasm and effort and Dale for such precision kickouts.

6. Likes bornadog, GVGjr, Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matjoh View Post
    Oh, Macrae usually but now neck and neck with Libba[esp the last two years]. Both get in and under and distribute. Special mentions to the astronaut for what he can do so uncannily,weightman for enthusiasm and effort and Dale for such precision kickouts.
    We do have some exciting players
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matjoh View Post
    Both of them are determined types and are the heartbeat of our midfield. Ive never seem someone in the red, white and blue who can rack up possessions week after week like Macrae and Libba is the guy you want at a stoppage. I cant split them in what they bring our club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Both of them are determined types and are the heartbeat of our midfield. Ive never seem someone in the red, white and blue who can rack up possessions week after week like Macrae and Libba is the guy you want at a stoppage. I cant split them in what they bring our club.
    Scott West / Simon Atkins?

Post Thanks / Like

Bont and CD. Just love players that find a way to create their own time and space. They both have such a knack of being able to slow the game down around them.

11. Likes Dogs 24/7, josie, EasternWest, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muzzyahoy View Post
    Bont and CD. Just love players that find a way to create their own time and space. They both have such a knack of being able to slow the game down around them.
    Hard to go past Bont but I have a soft spot for Macrae and Treloar.

13. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it will always be Bont for me, as boring a choice that that is. I've had a bunch of other faves who I enjoy watching, but it's Bont's calm demeanour, quiet confidence, and humility that I enjoy. Also he seems like a really nice bloke to boot.

He's on a very short list of blokes who I am terrified will do something awful to a woman one day, not because I actually think they will, but because I especially couldn't bear it if he did. That sounds like faint praise but really it's just a twisted form of hope.

Also because of this, which is my favourite niche meme:
    Bont.jpg

Honourable mentions in the 'nice guy' category include Bruce, Treloar. In the 'insane/beast' category it's obviously Libba, but I really enjoyed watching Stringer until he really turned into an ass.

15. Likes bornadog, GVGjr, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I think it will always be Bont for me, as boring a choice that that is. I've had a bunch of other faves who I enjoy watching, but it's Bont's calm demeanour, quiet confidence, and humility that I enjoy. Also he seems like a really nice bloke to boot.

He's on a very short list of blokes who I am terrified will do something awful to a woman one day, not because I actually think they will, but because I especially couldn't bear it if he did. That sounds like faint praise but really it's just a twisted form of hope.

Bont.jpg

Honourable mentions in the 'nice guy' category include Bruce, Treloar. In the 'insane/beast' category it's obviously Libba, but I really enjoyed watching Stringer until he really turned into an ass.
    Yep a lot of us could say that. Well put.

Post Thanks / Like

Libba - A footballer who could play in any era 60's, 70's, 80's, 90"s etc

His football nous and what he means to the team is so important and he is a joy to watch

18. Likes 1eyedog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to go past heart players who match effort with skilled execution. This probably covers most of the team but my particular favourite is Libba. With Cody fast joining him.

20. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    It's hard to go past heart players who match effort with skilled execution. This probably covers most of the team but my particular favourite is Libba. With Cody fast joining him.
    I love Cody's enthusiasm especially after a goal is kicked and doesn't matter who kicked it. Bruce was the same in 2021. We missed him in 2022.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

22. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post

Bont.jpg
    All of this.

I have told my 7 year old that if he is ever to model himself on an AFL player, it is only allowed to be The Bont.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

24. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve purposely avoided this because it’s so hard to narrow down a favourite player.

Bont an obvious choice.

Libba another.

I wore a JJ badge to the 2016 GF, has always been a favourite.

Naughts, Marra, Cody, The Big Chilli Bush… CD, Dale…

Hmmmmm

If forced to pick just one, I’m buying somewhat low on King Darce. May his stocks soar in the future

26. Likes GVGjr, EasternWest liked this post