Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mongrel Punt: Pretty Awesome 2023 Bulldogs Preview

I think you get a bit of it without subscription and all of it with subscription.

I'm not going to copy and paste because it is a pay site and the guys who running are trying hard to build a good business...and the content is worth the $.

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl-seaso...eason-preview/
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

2. Likes GVGjr, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mongrel Punt: Pretty Awesome 2023 Bulldogs Preview

I saw this last night.

HB is a pretty straight shooter which is great.

I really like the idea of Bailey Smith on a wing (I reckon I'm bias as I may have suggested this last year), not sure I agree with Bailey Williams as the defensive winger though. I prefer either Scott or R.Smith.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes Mofra, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As an aside all of the club previews are top notch.

Well worth the subscription.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I saw this last night.

HB is a pretty straight shooter which is great.

I really like the idea of Bailey Smith on a wing (I reckon I'm bias as I may have suggested this last year), not sure I agree with Bailey Williams as the defensive winger though. I prefer either Scott or R.Smith.
    I disagree that Baz should play wing. He played there for a short while and couldn't get a kick. He is better in the middle and plus he is more damaging.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I want Baz to take if not all of then the lion’s share of Dunks’ midfield minutes, in what I hope is a condensed rotation. He’s got the tank to make it work in practice and the ability and x-factor to make it pop on paper.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I disagree that Baz should play wing. He played there for a short while and couldn't get a kick. He is better in the middle and plus he is more damaging.
    I'd be ok with him playing wing and only getting it 20 odd times. I also believe he'd kick more goals as a wingman due to his aerobic ability. Only one or two players in the comp could go with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I want Baz to take if not all of then the lion’s share of Dunks’ midfield minutes, in what I hope is a condensed rotation. He’s got the tank to make it work in practice and the ability and x-factor to make it pop on paper.
    For mine it is Treloar. He’s got the tank to make it work in practice and the ability and x-factor to make it pop on paper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    For mine it is Treloar. He’s got the tank to make it work in practice and the ability and x-factor to make it pop on paper.
    They kind of are a little bit Spider-Man pointing at himself now that you mention it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I think you get a bit of it without subscription and all of it with subscription.

I'm not going to copy and paste because it is a pay site and the guys who running are trying hard to build a good business...and the content is worth the $.

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl-seaso...eason-preview/
    It's a terrific site and I am a member as well. I typically don't post much from there for the same reasons you outlined.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've signed up based on your recommendations, and the quality of the first five questions in that article.

I don't think Baz can cover Dunkley's defensive running if he was a pure mid, and think the attacking wing role plays to his strengths.

I think McLean gets first crack at the Dunkley role, otherwise a 'recalibration' of role for Macrae/Libba/Treloar which would allow Baz to enter the midfield.

I thought Ryan Gardner was stiff to never be mentioned - he will rightly or wrongly get first dibs ahead of Darcy, imo.

AA recruit Oskar Baker still going under the radar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I've signed up based on your recommendations, and the quality of the first five questions in that article.

I don't think Baz can cover Dunkley's defensive running if he was a pure mid, and think the attacking wing role plays to his strengths.

I think McLean gets first crack at the Dunkley role, otherwise a 'recalibration' of role for Macrae/Libba/Treloar which would allow Baz to enter the midfield.

I thought Ryan Gardner was stiff to never be mentioned - he will rightly or wrongly get first dibs ahead of Darcy, imo.

I think Gards is nearly a lock for us. He looked very good again today.

Post Thanks / Like

Signed up for the mongrel punt- let me know if its worth it JD. The stuff i;ve read actually seems insightful.

Post Thanks / Like

Tossing up whether I can afford to add this to the never ending list of monthly outgoings, but the entirely accurate analysis of Bailey Smith’s kicking certainly piqued my interest, along with the rest of what I could read.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb hating rucking was an interesting point, and backed up by Naughton doing the forward line ruckwork in match sim yesterday. I don't mind Naughton doing that, building a Hawkins-like ability to outbody and get cheap goals from boundary throw ins.

But SURELY Lobb will be our 2nd centre bounce ruck. Surely.

18. Likes Grantysghost, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lobb hating rucking was an interesting point, and backed up by Naughton doing the forward line ruckwork in match sim yesterday. I don't mind Naughton doing that, building a Hawkins-like ability to outbody and get cheap goals from boundary throw ins.

But SURELY Lobb will be our 2nd centre bounce ruck. Surely.
    He will have a very similar role to what he had at Fremantle.