Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dear AFL Media: I am NOT impressed with the size of 'Player X's biceps

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Some of the ways we view players is very superficial. Some forget we should be looking more at how they are performing rather than how they look.
    That is what the OP is saying - no one wants to worry about how big the muscles are. As you say, how they perform is the most important.

You look at a guy like Jacko, and most supporters from other clubs would rate him as not tough, but I would say he is one of the toughest in our team. He takes hit after hit until he makes his decision.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dear AFL Media: I am NOT impressed with the size of 'Player X's biceps

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That is what the OP is saying - no one wants to worry about how big the muscles are. As you say, how they perform is the most important.

You look at a guy like Jacko, and most supporters from other clubs would rate him as not tough, but I would say he is one of the toughest in our team. He takes hit after hit until he makes his decision.
    Absolutely spot on BAD. He holds his disposal a lot of times to benefit the side at the expense of copping a hit.

Never carries on, just gets on with it.

He will be remembered as one of our all time greats. Cunnington, Archer et al get this blokey toughness title from the commentariat; Jacko is as tough as any of them.

3. Likes bornadog, josie liked this post