Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  31
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Excited, worried, uncertain

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    What do you think about Williams moving onto a wing Josie?
    Brain fade 1eyedog, completely forgot about him! If Williams in form he’d likely be a MC first pick on wing. He is a real confidence player and I was very worried when his form in backline nosedived a while back. IMO in recent times has had some ok to good games on wing, and IIRC some below ave ones. Needs to find a bit more of ball.

2. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Brain fade 1eyedog, completely forgot about him! If Williams in form he’d likely be a MC first pick on wing. He is a real confidence player and I was very worried when his form in backline nosedived a while back. IMO in recent times has had some ok to good games on wing, and IIRC some below ave ones. Needs to find a bit more of ball.
    I agree with this he needs to own the role, and fast. He has the attributes to play in a few positions and with our mid-sized pairing of Richards and Dale I think he's surplus down there which I'm hoping opens him up to different opportunities up the ground.

He's an aggressive player with good attributes but I'm not sure where he fits yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Excited. Our Talls. Has the club ever had such a tall spine and depth both forward and back? The addition of Jones & Lobb is the biggest structural update for the Bulldogs I can remember. Plus a ruckman ready hit to hit his prime!

Uncertain. Our game plan. What will we be doing differently to grab the competition by the jugular, and that suits our new structure?

Worried. What if Jamarra doesn't explode like we all want him to?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

5. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excited - Key defensive and forwards concerns have been addressed. I feel fitness has taken a priority in the preseason and the balance and talent of our list is the best I can remember.

Uncertain. Have concerns about team selections and game plan. We do not need to reinvent the wheel. Look at the cats and refine their game plan to suit our list. A decent game plan and a decent run with injuries I would expect top 4

Worried. English and his susceptibility to concussion. Could be the best Ruck in the league this year and is pivotal to premiership success.

7. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, Stevo, josie, 1eyedog, The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericks View Post
    Excited - Key defensive and forwards concerns have been addressed. I feel fitness has taken a priority in the preseason and the balance and talent of our list is the best I can remember.

Uncertain. Have concerns about team selections and game plan. We do not need to reinvent the wheel. Look at the cats and refine their game plan to suit our list. A decent game plan and a decent run with injuries I would expect top 4

Worried. English and his susceptibility to concussion. Could be the best Ruck in the league this year and is pivotal to premiership success.
    There was an air excitement on Wednesday night at the Yarraville Club, when over 100 people including WB Major Donors and Past Players welcomed the new recruits for 2023 There was an air of optimism that I havenÂ’t experienced for some time. The additions of Rory Lobb and Liam Jones in particular should overcome previous weaknesses in not playing a genuine second ruck man and the lack of a quality key defender. Ugle Hagen and Darcy add an air of excitement as does Jedd Busslinger from WA
    who was nabbed at draft pick 7 before WCE at number 8. He has great agility with the ability to play both back or forward.
    Last edited by Nuggety Back Pocket; 10-02-2023 at 07:13 PM. Reason: haven’t

9. Thanks josie, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogfan, Grantysghost liked this post