Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  58
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL : Other clubs 2023

Classic aints, uploaded coaches box audio to shared drive with all clubs having access.

So much for closed training !

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-...club/102070842

2. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Classic aints, uploaded coaches box audio to shared drive with all clubs having access.

So much for closed training !

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-...club/102070842
    Number of games that will have their outcomes influenced by this:

ZERO.

I mean, honestly, it's a dumb mistake but it wont provide a competitive advantage.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Reports that Sydney are willing to offer Tom De Koning (Carlton) an 8 year deal to lure him north.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Reports that Sydney are willing to offer Tom De Koning (Carlton) an 8 year deal to lure him north.
    Do it. It's funny if it's Carlton

6. Likes Hotdog60, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best situation is for Carlton to end up paying him the money Sydney are offering.

De Koning is fine but is not ever gonna be worth that sort of money.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Best situation is for Carlton to end up paying him the money Sydney are offering.

De Koning is fine but is not ever gonna be worth that sort of money.
    Gee, imagine having to offer long term, multi million dollar deal to an unproven KPF/ruck because of a massive list deficiency...

Sydney have Joel Amarty, Hayden McLean and Logan McDonald on their list. Is de Koning that desperate a list need? McLean has performed decently as that forward/chop-out ruck.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Gee, imagine having to offer long term, multi million dollar deal to an unproven KPF/ruck because of a massive list deficiency...

Sydney have Joel Amarty, Hayden McLean and Logan McDonald on their list. Is de Koning that desperate a list need? McLean has performed decently as that forward/chop-out ruck.
    Not sure i am in total agreement.

Amarty has played about 2 decent games (both against us), while McLean has had plenty of chances and not really taken them. Sam Reid has been their best option but hardly gets on the park and is also about cooked.

Logan McDonald is the key forward hope. I totally get why they would be keen on De Koning
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

10. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Number of games that will have their outcomes influenced by this:

ZERO.

I mean, honestly, it's a dumb mistake but it wont provide a competitive advantage.
    The only issue is whether the things said are overly personal and unable to be patched up if released. One or two players getting it whilst unsavoury would be manageable, but let's say a defencive six got it on top of a couple of midfielders in a rash yet personal way? On the eve of the season that wouldn't be great.

Coaches I'd imagine don't really do that stuff anymore, but you never know.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Not sure i am in total agreement.

Amarty has played about 2 decent games (both against us), while McLean has had plenty of chances and not really taken them. Sam Reid has been their best option but hardly gets on the park and is also about cooked.

Logan McDonald is the key forward hope. I totally get why they would be keen on De Koning
    I think Moff may have been referring to Schoctober and our offer to Boyd at the start of his post......however, joke's on him because we only offered a massive multi-million dollar deal to a forward without knowing he could be a highly competent forward/ ruck until he proved he could in a preliminary final that was probably the best game ever played.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

13. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but Tom Boyd is different because my club did that. I feel like I’ve been clear about this sort of thing.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Likes jeemak, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I imagine they see De Koning as a number 1 ruck replacement for Hickey. Amarty and McLean aren't primary first rucks and McDonald is KPF.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course it did :

HOW A COFFEE WITH DANGERFIELD LED TO GEELONG HOMECOMING FOR BRUHN

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/03/...ing-for-bruhn/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I imagine they see De Koning as a number 1 ruck replacement for Hickey. Amarty and McLean aren't primary first rucks and McDonald is KPF.
    If that's the case, it's riskier than the Boyd deal.
    I know ruck is an important position but you can find them anywhere if you prioritise list spots for them.
    The following players were rookied in 2016 (after we took English in the first round, and Freo took Sean Darcy in the second round: Marshall, Oscar McInerny, Sam Draper

All five players have (arguably) shown as much as rucks as SdK has to date. SdK's forward craft looks very good for a ruck/forward though.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

If that's the case, it's riskier than the Boyd deal.
    I know ruck is an important position but you can find them anywhere if you prioritise list spots for them.
    The following players were rookied in 2016 (after we took English in the first round, and Freo took Sean Darcy in the second round: Marshall, Oscar McInerny, Sam Draper

All five players have (arguably) shown as much as rucks as SdK has to date. SdK's forward craft looks very good for a ruck/forward though.
    On the flipside Sydney unlike us have drafted a bunch of rucks late, with McLean, Amartey, McAndrew, Owen all on the list through that avenue, along with trade target Ladhams, so it isn't as if they have left that stone unturned.

TDK looks great, Sydney value good rucks, it seems like if they can get a pretty proven young ruck already with a bunch of experience into their line up for 10 years without having to gamble on probably not finding one trough the draft then they should. It isn't as if they are having much difficulty addressing other areas.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

20. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    On the flipside Sydney unlike us have drafted a bunch of rucks late, with McLean, Amartey, McAndrew, Owen all on the list through that avenue, along with trade target Ladhams, so it isn't as if they have left that stone unturned.

TDK looks great, Sydney value good rucks, it seems like if they can get a pretty proven young ruck already with a bunch of experience into their line up for 10 years without having to gamble on probably not finding one trough the draft then they should. It isn't as if they are having much difficulty addressing other areas.
    Sydney have an incredible ability to pickup ruckman , it’s a long list
    Some do make it , some cannot sustain the injuries
    Pike, Canadian from rugby international
    Jolly
    Nankervis- departed
    Callus Sinclair
    Naishsmith
    Cameron - departed

Recently Hikey, last year in career best form