Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lloyd out against Bulldogs

more trouble for essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    The Footy Show opener hinted that somoone who has been named will not be playing... Not the other way around.
    Bowden is named on an extended bench but the speculation is he will be dropped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I thought he might have played forward anyway. Now I definitely think he will.

Perhaps by naming this line-up Essendon are actually thinking ahead of the curve by realising our team simply isn't that 'small' these days. Who - for example - will Wight play on?

That said, if we can find a way to get Hahn to play on Ryder (as the teams are named), I wouldn't actually mind that. If I was Knights though, I would be tempted to throw Hille forward, play McPhee back (on Welsh) and Ryder into the ruck to really try and out-run us.
    That is just me though.
    I also felt Fletcher was always going to play forward against us with Lucas out.

Do you think Hille will ruck and then go forward, allowing Ryder to do the around the ground rucking. I would have though Hudson would murder Ryder in the centre squares.

They are definitely going to try and out run us. Looks like Ward is the option if Eagle does not come up.

How heavily do Essendon zone off under Knights. If we can win the centre squares can they really match up all our forward options if we use it well?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I also felt Fletcher was always going to play forward against us with Lucas out.

Do you think Hille will ruck and then go forward, allowing Ryder to do the around the ground rucking. I would have though Hudson would murder Ryder in the centre squares.

They are definitely going to try and out run us. Looks like Ward is the option if Eagle does not come up.

How heavily do Essendon zone off under Knights. If we can win the centre squares can they really match up all our forward options if we use it well?

They appear to have been given a license to zone off at will gauging by their game plan for rds 1-3. Didn't work against the Cats of course but against the other two teams (Carlton, Nth. Melb) shock and awe worked well. I believe that If we win the centre clearances we will win the game.