Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  13

View Poll Results: We're down, we're out...what's the priority?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stop Cripps. At any cost.

2 13.33%
  • Open up the scoring chain - stop the intercept marks by Weitering etc

1 6.67%
  • Match-ups down back - move the deck chairs.

2 13.33%
  • Numbers around the contest - SLOW THEM DOWN.

8 53.33%
  • Numbers down back - CLOG IT UP!

1 6.67%
  • Run from defence - KICK it OVER the interceptors

0 0%
  • Leadership and belief

1 6.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: You're the Coach: Question #2

Thanks mjp.

So basically, it’s try to do a bit if all of those things. The front of clearance waltz into entry / goal has killed us repeatedly. While I’m sure we get some offensive benefit (surely!) from our set up, we need to stop this happening seemingly at will of the opposition. I’m hopeful we see less of it and therefore we don’t need to swing big changes to combat it - but also understand some days our guys will be a little off and the oppo absolutely on… this coaching caper. A bit involved.

Post Thanks / Like

See ball, get ball, kick to one of us who is in front of you.

Bevo prides himself on our players being versatile but some stages over past year or so he doesn't move magnets enough when we are getting challenged like this scenario.

Play our game style but do frequent swaps (eg Bruce with Naughton, insert new mids with different strengths, ...). You would think by now each player is comfortable to play 2 or 3 positions when the switch is flicked.

3. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dopey me selected Match-ups down back - move the deck chairs., then re-read that its only the first quarter! So initially leadership and belief. If it replays up to half way thru the second I might then move the deckchairs and open up the scoring chain. The chairs involve Naughton on Curnow, Darcy on McKay, as clearly De Koning and Weitering are towling up Naughts and Darc.. Jones goes forward [familiar territory?] and as per Q1 Dale moves forward but only to the wing for precision inside 50's to Jones, Weightman and Lobb, which also reduces intercepts. We immediately kick the next 3 goals, leadership and belief returns and we go right away with it. [Jones kicks 6 second half goals]

5. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matjoh View Post
    Dopey me selected Match-ups down back - move the deck chairs., then re-read that its only the first quarter! So initially leadership and belief. If it replays up to half way thru the second I might then move the deckchairs and open up the scoring chain. The chairs involve Naughton on Curnow, Darcy on McKay, as clearly De Koning and Weitering are towling up Naughts and Darc.. Jones goes forward [familiar territory?] and as per Q1 Dale moves forward but only to the wing for precision inside 50's to Jones, Weightman and Lobb, which also reduces intercepts. We immediately kick the next 3 goals, leadership and belief returns and we go right away with it. [Jones kicks 6 second half goals]
    Make that 2 dopeys.

Post Thanks / Like

A high level basketball coach once said that in game, coaches only have two real options - slow the game down, or speed it up.

I voted to slow the game down. If we're getting beaten in each third of the ground, then making a move in just one part won't do much.

We're a great phonebox side. The congestion takes away their initiative and helps us play our way
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers