Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  196
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB vs North Gameday March 4th Pre-Season 2023

One thing I noticed is that Daniel Cross is the Hawthorn runner. I'd love to have him back at the club one day.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Happy birthday mate, how old are you now buddy?
    34 years old.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

3. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    34 years old.
    Where have the years gone you old fart!

Almost the best years to be alive Easty, 32-34 are great times!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    One thing I noticed is that Daniel Cross is the Hawthorn runner. I'd love to have him back at the club one day.
    Why and in what capacity?

Here's his professional experience (that needs updating, possibly unless you meant Norf instead of Hawthorn?) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-c...ls/experience/

What would he bring to the table for us that we don't already/ mightn't already have?

He's a much admired player of ours, and I understand why in terms of his dedication to improvement, courage, use by hand and accumulation skills. Though I don't understand how his post career exploits make him a standout candidate for recruitment.

Sorry if the above seems like an attack, though it's a bit of a trigger point for me because I reckon if you asked who of Gia, Crossy or Morris our supporters would love to have back at the club the latter two would rank in front of Gia because of the way they played and their perceived strengths. And I don't get it.

And sorry again if you have personal or other experiences/ insights with Cross post his footy career that I don't know about as well. And tripple sorry if this seems overly harsh, it's not meant to be.

6. Likes Max469, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For a number 1 pick, Marra is such an unselfish player really like his attitude always keen to celebrate teammates success and get people into the game. The kid has improved lengths off a spell there is no doubt about it.

Rapt for Anthony Scott, there is a role for him on the wing this year and he performed exactly how you should in a preseason game when you're on the periphery. If he keeps going like that, will be a best 22 lock this year.

Im still concerned about our ability of our mids to stop a run on, there were stages in the first half Norrrff walked through us too easily. One things for sure we will get an early audit against the Dees, will be interesting to see how the mids respond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    For a number 1 pick, Marra is such an unselfish player really like his attitude always keen to celebrate teammates success and get people into the game. The kid has improved lengths off a spell there is no doubt about it.

Rapt for Anthony Scott, there is a role for him on the wing this year and he performed exactly how you should in a preseason game when you're on the periphery. If he keeps going like that, will be a best 22 lock this year.

Im still concerned about our ability of our mids to stop a run on, there were stages in the first half Norrrff walked through us too easily. One things for sure we will get an early audit against the Dees, will be interesting to see how the mids respond.
    JUH's attitude is fantastic, and even when the media were into us for not playing him everything he did in the main was great. Him addressing the apparent want to leave for more opportunity leading into his debut was class, and his visible want to keep improving himself and how it shows on the field is just as good.

Johnathan Brown on the commentary today went into the typical "it's been a long time coming" spiel and then checked himself noting talls take longer to develop. I'm not really sure what someone like him wants from Jamarra.

Here's a comparison of JUH and Brown for shits and giggles:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&fid1=O&fid2=O

Brown was a ready made brute when he started and was ten KGs heavier than JUH at the same age, but an inch or so shorter. He had Lynch and Bradshaw playing with him amongst a few others to take the pressure off. JUH has had Naughton to date, but I think with Lobb coming in Marra's life will get a bit easier and his numbers will improve.

Scott is super neat and seems like a pro who is in great shape and able to play a few roles. Agree he put his hand up as a lock for R1 today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Missed the game as I was celebrating my birthday. Might watch the replay. Thanks for the reports. Lots of positives out of today which is great but now looking at the real stuff in 12 days.
    We share a birthday Easty

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aside from the last quarter I think one of the more encouraging aspects from today's match is it seemed to me that when the opposition got a bit of momentum our defense was better able to soak up that pressure until we could bounce back (as often happens against us). Losing all of Richards, Doc and Crozier (who looked good maybe the old dog has some kick in him yet) I'm not surprised this didn't last the whole game but with Jones back, Keath looking fit and Richards to return we might just be in a position to intercept for once.

Bruce wasn't bad either but my god... is his disposal in defence WORSE than Gardner's was initially?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    We share a birthday Easty
    Happy birthday mate!

13. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    JUH's attitude is fantastic, and even when the media were into us for not playing him everything he did in the main was great. Him addressing the apparent want to leave for more opportunity leading into his debut was class, and his visible want to keep improving himself and how it shows on the field is just as good.

Johnathan Brown on the commentary today went into the typical "it's been a long time coming" spiel and then checked himself noting talls take longer to develop. I'm not really sure what someone like him wants from Jamarra.

Here's a comparison of JUH and Brown for shits and giggles:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&fid1=O&fid2=O

Brown was a ready made brute when he started and was ten KGs heavier than JUH at the same age, but an inch or so shorter. He had Lynch and Bradshaw playing with him amongst a few others to take the pressure off. JUH has had Naughton to date, but I think with Lobb coming in Marra's life will get a bit easier and his numbers will improve.

Scott is super neat and seems like a pro who is in great shape and able to play a few roles. Agree he put his hand up as a lock for R1 today.
    Jamarra and Darcy are both tracking very well in terms of age versus production. Even if they both drop away this year we shouldn’t have too many concerns on their rate of development.

A mate said to me the other day he is worried about us because Bevo can’t settle Darcy and Jamarra down into roles. I can’t think of too many times the fortunes of 2nd-3rd year talls dictate a clubs fortunes.

15. Likes jeemak, Bulldog Legend liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple of things I picked up through the stats for the round

- 2nd most tackles inside 50 for the round behind Essendon who played in a wind tunnel.
    - 3rd most intercept possessions for the round again behind the two teams at the wind tunnel.

17. Thanks josie, The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak, bulldogtragic, azabob, hujsh, Smads57, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Jamarra and Darcy are both tracking very well in terms of age versus production. Even if they both drop away this year we shouldn’t have too many concerns on their rate of development.

A mate said to me the other day he is worried about us because Bevo can’t settle Darcy and Jamarra down into roles. I can’t think of too many times the fortunes of 2nd-3rd year talls dictate a clubs fortunes.
    Our season stands up on the success of our recruits and our rebalancing of the side to accommodate them, and how we cover the losses of Dunks and Hunter. With JUH and Darcy I want to see improvement and some value - over the course of the year no matter how the side tracks.

19. Likes dog town liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Darcy's managed to get ball to boot after picking it up twice, really quickly. Far quicker than a 209+cm guy should. It's a fantastic trick for a big guy
    Yep all our big talks are pretty mobile which will help us play them all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Thoughts on Baker? Looks ok to me. Early days but good signs.
    I reckon he will be a good pickup considering we got him for nothing and his extra pace is what we need
    We just have to temper our expectations

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongBulldog View Post
    Very promising signs from Arthur Jones today. Do we think it is enough to keep him in the side when Cody Weightmam is fit?
    He will go close and no doubt will play sometime this season