Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  196
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V North Melbourne Pre-Season 2023

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Hannan at FF between Naughton and Lobb is mid season form.

Not a great sign for West.

One Smith , 2 Joneses
    Just do not understand Hannan instead of Garcia or West. Oh well, good luck to Mitch and all the others playing.

Post Thanks / Like

Excited for Arthur Jones. Shown a lot more in training so hope he can take next step. C’mon Arfer, grab a Round 1 debut.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB vs North Gameday March 4th Pre-Season 2023

Hannan was a lock. Had a great pre season.

4. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    It's not exactly the most "match hardened" we'll ever be for a match against the Dees is it? An intra club and a crack at last year's wooden spooners.

I mean, are we really going to learn much?
    Would be interested in your assessment of how the intensity and skills compared to our match sim?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Hannan was a lock. Had a great pre season.
    I watched a fair bit of Wed morning training. Watched small group kicking/keeping’s off, he missed 2 of his 3 kicks. Small sample I know. Hope he proves he totally wrong. I think there’s more upside to West & Garcia and I think we need to develop these young ones soon.

7. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Excited for Arthur Jones. Shown a lot more in training so hope he can take next step. C’mon Arfer, grab a Round 1 debut.
    Well done by Arty (Arfer) Jones. Looks like he has jumped the queue ahead of West, McNeil, McComb, Rourke Smith at this early stage. the MC must want to have a closer look at him.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

9. Likes Bulldog Legend liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Easty can you put the entire thread content without spaces/ paragraphs in the title please?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes Bulldog4life, soupman, hujsh, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m hoping West wasn’t picked because he did have an interrupted pre-season

Post Thanks / Like

Hannan is fine. We got like 15 cool players now, Hannan is the deal with the devil someone made outside the MCG after the 97 prelim.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Hannan is fine. We got like 15 cool players now, Hannan is the deal with the devil someone made outside the MCG after the 97 prelim.
    Whatchya smokin’ Happy Days?

15. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Whatchya smokin’ Happy Days?
    HD seems like hecould use a higher quotient of tobacco in his mix bowl sometimes, but in this instance I think he's talking sense.

Hannan when fit is useful as a runner, in the air and defencively. I wouldn't pay huge credence to how we've been named, it's likely he'll roam up the ground, do what he can to spread the defence and get in the way until the cavalry arrives to help lock it in.

As for the deal with the Devil, something happened after '97 or '09 that saw us paid back in full plus interest for the '16 finals. The best four and most perfect consecutive games in the history of the sport had to come at a price. And if that price is Mitch Hannan then we got off lightly and possibly have amounts payable to reconcile in our future!

17. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Team for tomorrow

WESTERN BULLDOGS

B: H.Crozier 9 L.Jones 19 T.Duryea 15
    HB: B.Dale 31 A.Keath 42 E.Richards 20
    C: T.McLean 16 T.Liberatore 21 A.Scott 28
    HF: B.Smith 6 J.Ugle-Hagan 2 A.Jones 32
    F: R.Lobb 7 M.Hannan 29 A.Naughton 33
    Foll: T.English 44 J.Macrae 11 M.Bontempelli - C 4
    I/C: C.Daniel 35 B.Williams 34 A.Treloar 1 S.Darcy 10 O.Baker 13 J.Bruce 17 B.Khamis 24 C.Weightman 3

Emerg: R.West 14 L.Cleary 36 R.Garcia 38 J.Sweet 41
    I've been on the Crozier still having life in his career wagon for a couple of years now. I'm not sure how I feel about Crozier still having life in his career but we'll find out I guess. If it means our midfield balance includes Daniel then I'm happy to see how it goes as a variation from the bigger bodied Dunkley who was a terrible user by foot but a weapon in the contest (for some reason someone wanted to trade him ages ago, madness). We can always put Daniel back in defence and roll others through there.

McLean and Scott on the wings seems workmanlike, and not in the way Lachie was workmanlike with his running. To me there's two guys who are wanting to grind out a result for their own careers and the team, who are both neat with disposal as well even if not as prolific with their ball gathering as Hunter was.

Outside of that this looks like a bit of a reward for effort/ performance side, rather than a dress rehearsal side in a lot of ways. Beyond the backline that is (Gardner missing notwithstanding), which looks like how we might want to line up round one.

It's great seeing Arty with some reward/ encouragement after a solid preseason, and Bruce getting a run after putting his hand up to help himself and the team with a role change that looks to be developing.

You don't know until you get to see it in practice, but our depth all of a sudden feels much better and more mature when you have JJ, McNeil (condolences GG), Garcia, West, Cleary, Vandermeer, McComb, Bedendo and R. Smith for whatever reason not fitting into a 26 man squad that looks OK or ready to have a crack.

North by 43 points.

19. Thanks 1eyedog, GVGjr, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Feel like I should point out as he’s been brought up a couple of times that Roarke Smith has a plantar fascia and will miss the start of the season. Not being overlooked on form.
    Although he may have been, you know he’ll be in the 22 by finals though
    Last edited by The Underdog; 04-03-2023 at 08:21 AM.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

21. Thanks azabob, josie, HOSE B ROMERO, Curly5 thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog Legend liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Somewhat surprised for me:

Jones - legit chance yo forward now? Good on him
    Crozier - didn’t think he’d be in. Almost a lock now
    Williams - hasn’t nailed a first choice wing spot. Scott has.
    Hannan - versatility is king. Looking forward to him finally showing his wares / full potential

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I've been on the Crozier still having life in his career wagon for a couple of years now. I'm not sure how I feel about Crozier still having life in his career but we'll find out I guess. If it means our midfield balance includes Daniel then I'm happy to see how it goes as a variation from the bigger bodied Dunkley who was a terrible user by foot but a weapon in the contest (for some reason someone wanted to trade him ages ago, madness). We can always put Daniel back in defence and roll others through there.

McLean and Scott on the wings seems workmanlike, and not in the way Lachie was workmanlike with his running. To me there's two guys who are wanting to grind out a result for their own careers and the team, who are both neat with disposal as well even if not as prolific with their ball gathering as Hunter was.

Outside of that this looks like a bit of a reward for effort/ performance side, rather than a dress rehearsal side in a lot of ways. Beyond the backline that is (Gardner missing notwithstanding), which looks like how we might want to line up round one.

It's great seeing Arty with some reward/ encouragement after a solid preseason, and Bruce getting a run after putting his hand up to help himself and the team with a role change that looks to be developing.

You don't know until you get to see it in practice, but our depth all of a sudden feels much better and more mature when you have JJ, McNeil (condolences GG), Garcia, West, Cleary, Vandermeer, McComb, Bedendo and R. Smith for whatever reason not fitting into a 26 man squad that looks OK or ready to have a crack.

North by 43 points.
    I wonder if with Gardner out it’s now a Bruce v Darce for a spot.
    Hannan v Buku
    Williams v Baker

A few to be solved for.

24. Likes Bulldog Legend liked this post