Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
    Post Thanks / Like

Show me the money 2. Stan doco

On afl player managers

Watched it last night.

What a bunch of arrogant , egotistical wankers. If I was one of the guys managed by these flogs I would be tearing up my contract and finding another that isn’t a media wanna be star.

2. Likes EasternWest, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show me the money 2. Stan doco

I was amazed during the trade period that with the Dunkley deal teetering on the edge of collapse and Brisbane and the Dogs a mile apart the blokey bloke Liam Pickering was off attending a country race meeting on the Saturday looking after one of his contractual side deals rather than working the phones on behalf of his highest profile player.
    If I was a high profile player who was trying to get a trade done I'd be demanding that my manager be focused on that rather than their side hustles especially during the TRADE PERIOD.

There are some genuine AFL player managers who are in it for the long haul and have the players best interests at heart and then there are some that lack the ingenuity or talent to play a part in representing the player during difficult negotiations.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

There are some genuine AFL player managers who are in it for the long haul and have the players best interests at heart and then there are some that lack the ingenuity or talent to play a part in representing the player during difficult negotiations.

One of my mates is a very low profile player manager who manages some very high profile players. I sent him a message last night to say I had watched the show. His reply “Man I wish there was a way I could get that time back for you. Dead set f#kwits the lot of them!”

Post Thanks / Like

The backdrops say it all. Abattoir, boxing ring. Alpha entrepreneurs. Idealising Ari Gold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    The backdrops say it all. Abattoir, boxing ring. Alpha entrepreneurs. Idealising Ari Gold.
    One of them had 2 copies of the Wolf of Wall Street on his bookshelf.
    Alpha shit right there.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I haven't watched it but I heard Colin Young mention that.
    For what it's worth based on some interviews I've listened to both Young and McDougall seem to represent their players the right way.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gvgjr View Post
    ...both young and mcdougall seem to represent their players the right way.
    lol.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Young and co seem very active in pre-agency, and effective in trying to force their guys out of places, to get them longer term deals and or more money

Lobb, Bobby Hill, Blake Acres, Griffin Logue etc being examples of examples