Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sportsbet sponsorship of the AFL

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I went to Crown for a conference last week and due to where I parked I walked the main floor to get to the conference area. You know what the scenery reminded me of? A game at Marvel.

Constant noise, constant distractions/ dazzling lights, and inducements to gamble.

Is it just me or has the noise around problem gambling within the AFL grown inversely to the inundation and growth of gambling sponsorship within the AFL?
    I pray we don't get the double decker advertising hoardings they have at some football grounds overseas.
    Man City has them and they're fkn distracting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    You need to be over 18 to make a bet so hopefully by then they can manage their money. We cant lock down everything form peoples decision making. I could live with the no advertising during telecasts but they should be able to advertise.
    Frontal lobe development and the appreciation of risk aren't really the strong suits of 18 year olds.

"The frontal lobes, home to key components of the neural circuitry underlying “executive functions” such as planning, working memory, and impulse control, are among the last areas of the brain to mature; they may not be fully developed until halfway through the third decade of life"
    Johnson et al. (2009)

I agree with no advertising during telecasts, I would also add during replays, highlights packages and during breaks at the ground.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

3. Likes jeemak, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    You need to be over 18 to make a bet so hopefully by then they can manage their money. We cant lock down everything form peoples decision making. I could live with the no advertising during telecasts but they should be able to advertise.
    It's not just advertising between the goals/ breaks, it's genuine saturation all the time and everywhere you look. And it's cynical marketing/ advertising that simply relies on volume and one or two little trigger points (i.e. making people feel like they're missing out on being a genuine lad/ one of the boys) that's used because they understand their high revenue targets aren't the casual flutter types, but those who are vulnerable to the saturation and the trigger points.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes Daughter of the West, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I pray we don't get the double decker advertising hoardings they have at some football grounds overseas.
    Man City has them and they're fkn distracting!

We get them on every tier of the ground and most entrances/ exits two and from isles as well, though like you I'm grateful there's no real capacity to have the advertising double stacked at player level.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

We get them on every tier of the ground and most entrances/ exits two and from isles as well, though like you I'm grateful there's no real capacity to have the advertising double stacked at player level.
    Saturation on TV during matches is also a massive problem
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't the Perth stadium have elevated front row seating?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right