Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
Brisbane played Sydney and Geelong in the lead up to rd1 and still got smashed. I'm not sure it had anything to do with it to be honest.

Our defensive system currently sucks, until we stop guarding space when the ball is in the vicinity we will continually get beaten by the top sides. That goal from Melksham in the last is an absolute blight on the coaching staff and players, we had 3 players back yet they all allowed him to get goal side and chose to guard space instead. It was an absolute disgrace and its been going on far too long now.
Sitting up high behind the goals I watched Keath as the deepest defender with Pickett standing 10m behind him and knew that if we lost the ball in the forward line we were screwed. And so it proved. I couldn’t really blame Keath, there was no way he was ever going to go with Pickett in space but it should have been remedied before it got to that point.
Melbourne’s capacity to end up with a free player in their F50 was also an indictment. It happened multiple times.