Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  33
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 1, 2023 vs Melbourne Demons

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Brisbane played Sydney and Geelong in the lead up to rd1 and still got smashed. I'm not sure it had anything to do with it to be honest.

Our defensive system currently sucks, until we stop guarding space when the ball is in the vicinity we will continually get beaten by the top sides. That goal from Melksham in the last is an absolute blight on the coaching staff and players, we had 3 players back yet they all allowed him to get goal side and chose to guard space instead. It was an absolute disgrace and its been going on far too long now.
    Sitting up high behind the goals I watched Keath as the deepest defender with Pickett standing 10m behind him and knew that if we lost the ball in the forward line we were screwed. And so it proved. I couldn’t really blame Keath, there was no way he was ever going to go with Pickett in space but it should have been remedied before it got to that point.
    Melbourne’s capacity to end up with a free player in their F50 was also an indictment. It happened multiple times.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

2. Thanks kruder thanked for this post
    Likes macca, ratsmac, Dry Rot, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Sitting up high behind the goals I watched Keath as the deepest defender with Pickett standing 10m behind him and knew that if we lost the ball in the forward line we were screwed. And so it proved. I couldn’t really blame Keath, there was no way he was ever going to go with Pickett in space but it should have been remedied before it got to that point.
    Melbourne’s capacity to end up with a free player in their F50 was also an indictment. It happened multiple times.
    Mate I was yelling at keath at that moment it was so bloody obvious, agree 100%.

Kosi was loose from the first bounce till the last and going into the game if you took note of his preseason he was absolutely one player to watch closely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Mate I was yelling at keath at that moment it was so bloody obvious, agree 100%.

Kosi was loose from the first bounce till the last and going into the game if you took note of his preseason he was absolutely one player to watch closely.
    Not Keath's fault, where the hell was Kosi's opponent.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It doesn't matter, we don't tag . I do wonder if the blocking rule has affected our ability to stop players like Kosi ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Still refused to stand anywhere near him, absolutely he was part to blame.