Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  162
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 258
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bendigo
    Posts
    9,447
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    Apparently English is under an injury cloud and could miss.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    39,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Apparently English is under an injury cloud and could miss.
    He did train lightly. More handballs and general kicking.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Footscray
    Posts
    1,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Apparently English is under an injury cloud and could miss.
    Bevo addressed this is in his press conference. Tim rolled an ankle at training earlier in the week but should be fine for tomorrow.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bendigo
    Posts
    9,447
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Bevo addressed this is in his press conference. Tim rolled an ankle at training earlier in the week but should be fine for tomorrow.
    Phew!

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I'm a fan of Luke Cleary and have been surprised with how far off the radar he's been early this season. He was probably the best out of the seconds' defence in the intra club, but didn't get a run on in the North praccy match and not sighted in the emergencies for either of the first two games. I wonder what the coaches are asking him to work on?
    It seems Crozier was selected ahead of him again.

    My take our defensive game is still rubbish and we are tying to have as much experience in the back end as possible.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    5,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Bevo addressed this is in his press conference. Tim rolled an ankle at training earlier in the week but should be fine for tomorrow.
    With Bevo we wont know til they run out. Sweet is an emergency.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

  7. #247
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    Interesting admission from Bevo that JJ was underdone last week, as we discussed during the week I reckon we went in with quite a few underdone. Worth noting that he said JJ would be more than likely played back all things being equal.

    He also see's Garcia as a midfielder.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    61,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Interesting admission from Bevo that JJ was underdone last week, as we discussed during the week I reckon we went in with quite a few underdone. Worth noting that he said JJ would be more than likely played back all things being equal.

    He also see's Garcia as a midfielder.
    Sounds like JJ will be backup only
    FFC: Established 1883

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    With only a 5 day break if English is not 100% fit I would rest him and play Sweet. If we cannot best a half strength Saints team who already had a crap list list without Tim then our season is shot. I would expect a 10 goal win either way. We have form in belting struggling teams and the struggling against well coached competitive teams.

  10. Likes bulldogtragic, Grantysghost liked this post
  11. #250
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    39,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    Quote Originally Posted by Mavericks View Post
    With only a 5 day break if English is not 100% fit I would rest him and play Sweet. If we cannot best a half strength Saints team who already had a crap list list without Tim then our season is shot. I would expect a 10 goal win either way. We have form in belting struggling teams and the struggling against well coached competitive teams.
    I don't know if I would rest him as Marshall is a significant opponent for us to counter but could there be a benefit in playing Sweet in tandem with him and reducing his time in the ruck.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  12. #251
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,701
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't know if I would rest him as Marshall is a significant opponent for us to counter but could there be a benefit in playing Sweet in tandem with him and reducing his time in the ruck.
    Yep. I'd prefer it to Keath. Play Bruce back with Jones and Crozier. English/Sweet as you say.

  13. #252
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    15,517
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    Quote Originally Posted by Mavericks View Post
    With only a 5 day break if English is not 100% fit I would rest him and play Sweet. If we cannot best a half strength Saints team who already had a crap list list without Tim then our season is shot. I would expect a 10 goal win either way. We have form in belting struggling teams and the struggling against well coached competitive teams.
    Agree Mav, we should belt the Aints. They can't defend the 666 I'm tipping a 7 goal to 1 opening qtr.

  14. #253
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,805
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    Agree we should be winning comfortably against the saints but it's very hard to belt a Ross Lyon team.

  15. #254
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,805
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Agree Mav, we should belt the Aints. They can't defend the 666 I'm tipping a 7 goal to 1 opening qtr.
    666 domination requires a competitive ruckman.

  16. #255
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    15,517
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    666 domination requires a competitive ruckman.
    I'm backing Timbo

  17. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •