Likes Likes:  162
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Out: Jones
    In: Crozier

McLean to start.

I can’t see us making big changes and they’ll back Hannan and JJ to be better for the run.

No point bringing West in, we don’t have a midfield rotation for him and he’s not a small forward, so can’t see it myself.
    At least with West going into the middle he will put pressure on the opposition which is not happening. Smith, Macrae and Treloar applied no pressure. In saying that we were killed for pace and it is not something West has. I can see now as to why they play Vandermeer when they can.

Post Thanks / Like

Turned the TV on early to see how Dunkley was going. Got the last 15 minutes of that game. Saw some good footy from Port.

The team we fielded would be 6 goals better if we played that way.

But there were some good signs for us in our game.

English has definitely improved, best game I have seen him play. Bailey Smith is a potential match winner. Bruce did better on the backline than I expected. Baker and Williams can kick goals from outside 50,

So what were the reasons we lost so badly?

In my opinion the number one reason was English. A superstar with a fatal weakness. He should never be in a centre bounce against a quality tap ruckman who is having a good game. Hands the opposition the momentum and the scoreboard. I’m sure I heard the commentators say that ‘Melbourne got 4 goals from the last 12 possessions’ at one stage.

The number two reason was Bailey Smith. Another great player. Strong, always in the right place and prepared to take the game on. Any club would be happy to take him off our hands. But again, he has a fatal fault. When he kicks the ball we all know that there is a very good chance that it will start an opposition counter attack.

Sure we will have some good wins this year, against weak opponents. But to go toe-to-toe with the best we have to focus on what our champions are doing.

3. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, Happy Days, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I heard the commentators (I not 100% sure because I zone out when they speak) that Lever was a loose man in defense if so why didn't we man him up.
    Were our tall forwards so keen on staying out of each other's way they became invisible. You can't see on TV was Naughton in the centre and Lobb and JUH leading out to the pockets and our mids just throwing it on the boot top the goal area.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

The skills last night were shizenhausen so it is not a personnel issue we were not ready.
    The delivery to Lobb and Ugle Hagen was very very bad.
    We rarely kicked to advantage in one on one contest.
    To me it is simply unprofessional.
    I can't understand how players regularly cannot kick it to advantage. A good way to lose modern AFL games.
    Changes smanges. Get the mental balance right and execute properly is what we need.

6. Likes Before I Die, muzzyahoy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I think I heard the commentators (I not 100% sure because I zone out when they speak) that Lever was a loose man in defense if so why didn't we man him up.
    Gawn rolled back to play as a KPD, releasing Lever.

We had to find a way to make Gawn accountable, but we'd trained all summer for English to play a kick behind the play when the ball's in our F50 so we can defend the exits.
    Personally I would have put the ball on Gawns head every time and have Lobb and/or Naughton leading knees out at the pack. We still lack a healthy dose of bastard among the list
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Thanks Hotdog60 thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot, merantau, Matjoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Saints are going to be a difficult prospect next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What position do posters see Khamis playing? I can’t see how he improves our forward or defensive options. Mobility and speed wise he is a very limited player.
    You send darcy back and let Khamis play up front. darcy needs time in the back half to really nunderstand his game

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Saints are going to be a difficult prospect next week.
    Yeah, lots thinking we're an automatic win. I'm not picking us, they'll towel us up with our form.

12. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the top teams played shit house this week.

That makes me feel better. I'm hoping it was just "one of those weeks".

We know now the saints blueprint to beat us. Bevo is going to have to do his homework this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derb View Post
    Most of the top teams played shit house this week.

That makes me feel better. I'm hoping it was just "one of those weeks".

We know now the saints blueprint to beat us. Bevo is going to have to do his homework this week.
    Lyon has a great record against us, we will need to be at our best and nail our selections.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Gawn rolled back to play as a KPD, releasing Lever.

We had to find a way to make Gawn accountable, but we'd trained all summer for English to play a kick behind the play when the ball's in our F50 so we can defend the exits.
    Personally I would have put the ball on Gawns head every time and have Lobb and/or Naughton leading knees out at the pack. We still lack a healthy dose of bastard among the list
    We just don’t have that kind of mongrel in us. It a shame as you would have thought that Bevo’s aggression would have rubbed off on us.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Hannan for Gallagher. We need someone to lock onto one of the Saints players like Steele.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    You send darcy back and let Khamis play up front. darcy needs time in the back half to really nunderstand his game
    I actually agree but if Jones is out Gardner needs to come home in. JJ out and West in. Give the forward 4 headed monster time to gel. Their $&@? Together. They really need a Western and Weightman in the F50. When Bont needs a rest he swaps with West
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

It was interesting to hear King say our forwards were too nice. He said Naughton was doing his bit but said Lobb need to crash into the packs more and said he was playing too nice.
    JUH was also called to nice although I think JUH is still too slight to be throwing his weight around.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    It was interesting to hear King say our forwards were too nice. He said Naughton was doing his bit but said Lobb need to crash into the packs more and said he was playing too nice.
    JUH was also called to nice although I think JUH is still too slight to be throwing his weight around.
    The challenge for Marra is being aggressive in his attack on the football and he is a way off it at the moment.
    His ability isn't being questioned.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"