Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  162
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't think so
    I'll put this down to another missed opportunity.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Crozier has to be in the mix doesn't he?

3. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who did not play tonight who could potentially improve us?

Weightman. Tick. He will make us better. Hopefully not too far away.
    Crozier. I'm not too sure. Ahead of Dureya? Possibly due to age.
    West. Not sure. Has not shown enough.
    Vanda. At his best. His pace is something we do lack.
    McComb. No.
    McNeil. No.
    Jones. Possibly. Yes. We don't have a player like that.
    Roarke. Possibly. But doubtful.
    Garcia. Possibly. His tenacity and aggression at the ball is something we don't have an abundance of.
    Gardner. He is a lock if fit. Just more trustworthy as that pure lock down defender.

But ... there ain't obvious solutions to the issues we faced tonight.

5. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect not many changes are made given tonight's performance was so poor.

Keath and Hannan aren't in our best side but if Jones is out then Keath gets another week. Daniel needs to find form quickly too.

In - West, Khamis
    Out - Hannan, Jones
    W00F!

7. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McComb will come in before West or Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    McComb will come in before West or Garcia
    Please no!

10. Likes josie, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What position do posters see Khamis playing? I can’t see how he improves our forward or defensive options. Mobility and speed wise he is a very limited player.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Cupboard looks bare in Round 2. Gosh this is awful, just play some rookies, get some new energy in there. Some of these guys are just going though the motions. I've already put a line through this season, blood some new players, build them for 2024 and get a good draft hand. I'm tired of this crap already and it's only Round 1. Hahaha

13. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Cupboard looks bare in Round 2. Gosh this is awful, just play some rookies, get some new energy in there. Some of these guys are just going though the motions. I've already put a line through this season, blood some new players, build them for 2024 and get a good draft hand. I'm tired of this crap already and it's only Round 1. Hahaha
    The way im processing it is Melbourne are a very good side and we copped them too early in the season. We looked rusty as ****(so many school boy errors). Plus the dumb 4 talls thing, put that in the bin and move on.
    The curse is dead.

15. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    The way im processing it is Melbourne are a very good side and we copped them too early in the season. We looked rusty as ****(so many school boy errors). Plus the dumb 4 talls thing, put that in the bin and move on.
    Melbourne also missing 3 key players. Cody, Gardner were out notable absentees. We're not that bad and should be better. 50 points to this team is demoralising, imagine had they been full strength?

I think the tall forwards can work. Melbourne aren't exactly short up there, Brown, McDonald, Resting ruck. If they had our forwards they would be all kicking bags. We either don't have the right cattle to make it work or the coaches can't make it work.

Why are we rusty? Why are we not prepared? Why are our players flat nearly every game they run out? Why can't we run out games? It's the same story nearly every week.

Sorry to pick apart your post mate. No shot at you at all, just want answers to why this list is underachieving so badly.

17. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Prob wouldn’t change much. What’s the point? The whole system broke. They broke it, they fix it.

If Jones misses, I’d bring in Cleary. Give him some experience and the Saints don’t have a monster fwd line currently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Yeah, that's the problem. I look at who is available to bring in and there's nobody with pace and the willingness to run their arse off. McComb is probably the closest and almost nobody wants to see him in. I love West and Garcia, but they provide almost nothing that we were missing from the side last night.

I'd drop Darcy for a runner but if L. Jones is unavailable, he may have to stay in.

I'm not necessarily sure guys are going through the motions, but next to Melbourne on a big ground we look limited athletically and their willingness to get on the bike from turnover was contrasted by our incredibly slow movement at times. If we've been working on changes to the game plan over the summer, then we fell into old habits almost immediately once things went badly.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

20. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    They really seem to play for each other. So aside from being a good team, they put the effort in for their mates on top of that.

It's one of those things that's hard to capture and create - a bit like the way Collingwood play too. We need to tap into that.

Oh, and stop kicking it to Lever. We needed to do that too.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Shuffling deck chairs Woofers. Bevo is hoping this is an anomaly and the same will be said of all individual players. An off night.

Khamis for Jones might happen but I'd be keen to bring West in for JJ who did not look match fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What position do posters see Khamis playing? I can’t see how he improves our forward or defensive options. Mobility and speed wise he is a very limited player.
    If you assume that Jones misses a week then Darcy goes back and that Hannan might be dropped then Khamis might help balance the forward line somewhat. I don't offer that suggestion with a lot of confidence though.