Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  162
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

Danjul I think posters are more bemused that we didn’t do anything pro active on the injury, not that he is missing games.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I mean call me pernickety but had I spent a year planning for Lobb in order to refashion our attack around him it might've crossed my mind to nip any persistent ankle dodginess at literally any stage prior to the SEASON OPENER.
    It's a little mind boggling isn't it.

This season is going to be a wild ride I feel.

Started with Bevo's new fangs, could lead anywhere!

3. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Danjul I think posters are more bemused that we didn’t do anything pro active on the injury, not that he is missing games.
    We played Weightman when he was one-armed (for 1 disposal if I remember correctly). We played Bruce when he couldn’t run or jump (for 2 disposals-the second approaching time on in the last quarter).

I suspect putting fragments in Lobb’s ankle was a deliberate attempt to continue developing new club traditions.

Like last Quarter fade-outs and being on the receiving end of 5 goals from 17 possessions.

When these things happen once it amazing to witness historic events. When it’s a regular part of the footy experience I am speechless.

5. Likes azabob, G-Mo77, soupman, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You have a great eye for detail Danjul.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Lol, wtf were they supposed to do? If we didn't mark it Melbourne did. We certainly weren't interested in passing it to anyones advantage going forward. Hard for the 2-3 blokes (Scott was there for a bit as well) to apply pressure when we were outnumbered constantly and they were out of position anyway because our forward entries were so stupid.

Fwiw I I am very aware I am probably wrong but I thought Hannan was not terrible, thought he did atleast get involved in bits and tried to create his own luck. JJ however....
    Yes, Hannan was as good/bad as half the team. Stays in. JJ out, West or Garcia in, theyre as close as we get to flea [not too close].Crumbers who go for it which they both do. Missing badly v dees. If no Jones then Darcy back else Crozier or Cleary in, Darcy helps English, i/c forward as Lobbs out.. Bruce was as good as anyone.

8. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Lobb on light duties after the Norf preseason game? Sounds like we went in with quite a few underdone players.

Post Thanks / Like

11. Thanks kruder thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't mind the Gallagher selection option but he probably hasn't done the work at the moment to be considered.
    Dubious that Gallagher could run a game out at this early stage, with all of the preseason he missed. And against someone with the stamina and experience of Steele? It's a no from me.

13. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

- Buku for Lobb seems a lock. With how hampered Lobb seems, Khamis wouldn't have to do much to make this an improvement from last week. Hopefully he can provide at least a base of energy/making it difficult for opposition.

- Tobias for Hannan. Not being facetious here, I don't truly get why Hannan is in the side anyway, so legitimately I/we might me missing something. I am truly open to it. I know he can run, do things like pinch hit in the ruck but he is like a K-Mart Swiss Army Knife to me. Reminds me of the crappy all-rounds Englad played in the 90s who couldn't bat or bowl. Anyways, I'll stop there with the analogies.

If Tobias is to play he has to take a fair chunk of CBAs or we go a McNeil, might do that as well. I want McNeil in tactically but got no idea how he is travelling. I am normally dead against this but I would have Bont forward more and Baz too. We are missing players who can do something on ground level forward and not like winning clearances worked last week. If Tobias struggles, I think we need to be proactive. See how he goes forward as well. Might be the guy subbed off. Lyon will surely tag Bont, get a step ahead perhaps.

- JJ stays in I guess. Again hard to tell without VFL. McNeil demanding a spot would be great as I mentioned.

- Crozier for Keath. Keath stays in if Jones is out.

- Whoever we go with as sub I hope it has some purpose. Look I believe we overvalue the last guys picked but still worth trying to extract as much value as you can. Playing Westy and Tobias with no CBAs just doesn't work.

15. Likes Grantysghost, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    - Tobias for Hannan.
    What worries me about McLean is how we use him. On Saturday in two quarters he picked up 5 disposals, of which he had 1 kick. Not sure where he was playing?

I would like to see Garcia come in.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch Cleary

STK can’t take a trick with injuries. Jimmy Webster will miss at least this week with a broken bone in his hand.
    Jack Bytel will also miss the game v Western Bulldogs after he was admitted to hospital with a cut to his knee.
    Marcus Windhager expected to return.

Tim Membrey at least a month away. Max King at least six weeks away. No concern around Rowan Marshall’s shoulder. Seb Ross faces a fitness test on his calf injury

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What worries me about McLean is how we use him. On Saturday in two quarters he picked up 5 disposals, of which he had 1 kick. Not sure where he was playing?

I would like to see Garcia come in.
    Yep, as I mentioned, I would only have him in if attending CBAs.

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Yep, as I mentioned, I would only have him in if attending CBAs.
    So now we have the concern of taking in guys who aren't 'flexible' - I love Libba and Macrae but they're terrible forward of the ball.
    I like McLean but if we're playing him as a pure mid - I'd find someone else to put into the side.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    So now we have the concern of taking in guys who aren't 'flexible' - I love Libba and Macrae but they're terrible forward of the ball.
    I like McLean but if we're playing him as a pure mid - I'd find someone else to put into the side.
    Yep it's a tough one. I wouldn't say purely as a mid but attending CBAs, especially if struggling to get near it forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Mitch Cleary

STK can’t take a trick with injuries. Jimmy Webster will miss at least this week with a broken bone in his hand.
    Jack Bytel will also miss the game v Western Bulldogs after he was admitted to hospital with a cut to his knee.
    Marcus Windhager expected to return.

Tim Membrey at least a month away. Max King at least six weeks away. No concern around Rowan Marshall’s shoulder. Seb Ross faces a fitness test on his calf injury
    They'll win 28 - 26.