Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  132
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 3 V Brisbane Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    O'Brien for all his faults, is a much better kick of the ball than our tall defenders & Crozier.
    That says a lot for our Defenders as O'Brien is an absolute butcher of the ball.

Who would have thought we would be having discussions coming up to Round 3 if we bring in O'Brien without playing a pre season game. Surely we are not that desperate yet. But then again who would have thought McComb would be playing Round 2. Says a lot as to where we are at.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    That says a lot for our Defenders as O'Brien is an absolute butcher of the ball.

Who would have thought we would be having discussions coming up to Round 3 if we bring in O'Brien without playing a pre season game. Surely we are not that desperate yet. But then again who would have thought McComb would be playing Round 2. Says a lot as to where we are at.
    I don't believe anyone is calling for O'Brien to come in. He needs to earn his spot.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post

Hard disagree on this... he kicks it flat and with penetration unlike pretty much every player on our list.

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got an alert. It's an Arty Party on Thursday night. Wow. Didn't expect that!

6. Thanks Go_Dogs, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Arthur Jones to debut against Brisbane

The Western Bulldogs will field their first debutant of 2023 this Thursday night against Brisbane, handing speedy forward Arthur Jones his maiden senior opportunity.

The Indigenous youngster has spent the last year and a half biding his time in the VFL program, and had impressed with his preseason work this summer before being sidelined with a groin injury.

Development coach Travis Varcoe broke the news to Jones in front of the entire playing group during Tuesday morning’s team meeting.

“It’s a really exciting moment for me and my family, but also for the Club,” Jones said.

“It’s a bit hard to put into words. It’s a great moment – when you work at something for so long.

“I had a massive preseason and just before round one tweaked my groin, so to have a speedy recovery and have all the boys see the work I’ve put in – to finally get this one thing that I’ve wanted so bad, is kind of an emotional moment.

“It’s a lifelong dream. I’m just so grateful to the Western Bulldogs for giving me the chance to debut.

“Hopefully I can make the red, white and blue as proud as they can be.”

Jones was selected with pick 43 in the 2021 AFL Draft, hailing from Mt Barker in Western Australia.

8. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes G-Mo77, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Arty can provide a spark, a bit of enthusiasm to lift us out of our funk.

10. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news about Arty. I thought he might come back via Footscray so he must have really impressed the MC
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

12. Likes GVGjr, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Arthur Jones to debut against Brisbane

The Western Bulldogs will field their first debutant of 2023 this Thursday night against Brisbane, handing speedy forward Arthur Jones his maiden senior opportunity.

The Indigenous youngster has spent the last year and a half biding his time in the VFL program, and had impressed with his preseason work this summer before being sidelined with a groin injury.

Development coach Travis Varcoe broke the news to Jones in front of the entire playing group during Tuesday morning’s team meeting.

“It’s a really exciting moment for me and my family, but also for the Club,” Jones said.

“It’s a bit hard to put into words. It’s a great moment – when you work at something for so long.

“I had a massive preseason and just before round one tweaked my groin, so to have a speedy recovery and have all the boys see the work I’ve put in – to finally get this one thing that I’ve wanted so bad, is kind of an emotional moment.

“It’s a lifelong dream. I’m just so grateful to the Western Bulldogs for giving me the chance to debut.

“Hopefully I can make the red, white and blue as proud as they can be.”

Jones was selected with pick 43 in the 2021 AFL Draft, hailing from Mt Barker in Western Australia.
    ok ok

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see! Very unlucky not to play Round 1 so hopefully he can grab this opportunity with both hands and run with it. Perfect opportunity for a young player like Arty, we need to start a change of the guard and if he performs he could see plenty of game time beyond this round.

Hopefully this selection breathes a bit of life into his lifeless teamates.

15. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For morale, nothing could be better. A kid living his dream. Can’t wait to see Arty out there.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

17. Likes Mofra, josie, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Just when you think you’re out of love with footy. Go well Arty #dustineyes
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

21. Likes josie, Curly5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Just when you think you’re out of love with footy. Go well Arty #dustineyes

23. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes Curly5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

25. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes The bulldog tragician, Curly5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

B: Duryea, Jones, Williams
    HB: Daniel, Ugle-Hagen, Dale
    C: Richards, Macrae, Smith
    HF: JJ, Naughton, Garcia
    F: English, Bruce, A Jones
    Foll: Sweet, Bontempelli, Liberatore
    Int: Khamis, Cleary, Scott, McNeil

Time to try a couple of things and perhaps go back to the forward line of early 2021
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

27. Likes GVGjr liked this post