Lobb is with us (in part) because he wants to play forward.
English is determined (or so the jungle drums say) to be ruck, ruck, and nothing but.

Lobb is a BETTER contested ball ruckman than English.
English is a BETTER, more natural and versatile forward.

We should simply flip their starting roles and the team INSTANTLY becomes better.

This of course will never happen because happy players in the locker room create good vibes for days and is ultimately worth it's weight, but from a pure footy sense, the switcheroo makes so much sense. And for everyone who says 'Lobb isn't and never was a ruckman', let me tell you something ('cos I was there). When he was making his way as a young fella at Swan Districts he was EXCLUSIVELY a ruckman and the idea he might actually play somewhere else was laughable...yes, he was a mature age draftee but he played in a State u21's vs State 18's trial game back in 2013/14'ish and he was in the ruck for the state 21's.

Tim? Well...he's a unique talent but for a side that is screaming out for a Hudson style ruckman (keep it in tight, lay tackles, stir the 'pot') he will NEVER be that player...he is (showing my age and state) Graham Moss to the harder, tougher, more contested Stephen Michael (I guess I could say he is Jimmy Stynes to Scott Wynd??) and that is NOT going to change.

He IS a very talented and effective player. But he is the opposite of the ruckman we need and we have the solution not only on our list but in our starting 18.

(And all of this from someone who thought - and still thinks - the recruitment of Lobb was recruiting overkill and he is the last thing we need/needed).