Thanks Thanks:  345
Likes Likes:  1,799
Page 141 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4191131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2204

Thread: Sharp Axes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sharp Axes

I just listened to Charlie Brown's teacher and these are the main points I extracted :

- firm belief within our club that we are more than capable.
    - significant level of confidence and belief
    - Friday night was a significant jolt
    - coach for the now and believe in the group
    - every club organically has significant list turnover
    - after 21 had a dip and doing everything we can to re-emerge
    - can not rebuild in our competition
    - rebuild infers youre knocking something down and building from the ground up
    - experienced players here and there not getting a game due to form or preference for others
    - you hope there's no pain but guys picking up those roles don't have a history at afl level, young guys don't necessarily have the best games all the time.
    - Busslinger, Cleary emerging
    - Have to consider Garcia and Harmes for Saints
    - No regret on handling of Libba incident. Late in the game no one was totally aware of it . Ultra conservative with player welfare.
    - Need to spread load and not have too much on libba
    - Feel like there was a concussive episode, delayed. He passed all tests. Still a little bit of uncertainty.
    - players on bigger contracts they are still required. Selection is based on form.
    - last 4 drafts marra, sam, buss - means you're missing out on utilities in the draft the reason why we paid such a high price for Sanders. Lost Dunkley, Lipinski, Smith (injury). Need to now find the influence from within. So players will be playing different roles.
    - Naughton is too critical in the forward line and we don't even think about him in defense.
    - Want to create some momentum in wins
    - Saints work hard and we have to be up for the fight.

Love it that Lippa is mentioned

2. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes macca, Sedat, angelopetraglia, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I just listened to Charlie Brown's teacher and these are the main points I extracted :

- firm belief within our club that we are more than capable.
    - significant level of confidence and belief
    - Friday night was a significant jolt
    - coach for the now and believe in the group
    - every club organically has significant list turnover
    - after 21 had a dip and doing everything we can to re-emerge
    - can not rebuild in our competition
    - rebuild infers youre knocking something down and building from the ground up
    - experienced players here and there not getting a game due to form or preference for others
    - you hope there's no pain but guys picking up those roles don't have a history at afl level, young guys don't necessarily have the best games all the time.
    - Busslinger, Cleary emerging
    - Have to consider Garcia and Harmes for Saints
    - No regret on handling of Libba incident. Late in the game no one was totally aware of it . Ultra conservative with player welfare.
    - Need to spread load and not have too much on libba
    - Feel like there was a concussive episode, delayed. He passed all tests. Still a little bit of uncertainty.
    - players on bigger contracts they are still required. Selection is based on form.
    - last 4 drafts marra, sam, buss - means you're missing out on utilities in the draft the reason why we paid such a high price for Sanders. Lost Dunkley, Lipinski, Smith (injury). Need to now find the influence from within. So players will be playing different roles.
    - Naughton is too critical in the forward line and we don't even think about him in defense.
    - Want to create some momentum in wins
    - Saints work hard and we have to be up for the fight.

Love it that Lippa is mentioned
    Well Lippa chose to leave I think we offered him a contract.
    Lippa is a class lower than Macrae, accumulates less and less damaging.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    "I'm not sure there is harmony at that football club, well I know there is not harmony at that footballl club" - serioulsy, which one is it Caro

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1779810047352303918
    Caro hasn't ventured onto the West Gate Bridge since 1979 - she hasn't got a farken clue what is happening behind the four walls at the kennel.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes angelopetraglia, Happy Days, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Well Lippa chose to leave I think we offered him a contract.
    Lippa is a class lower than Macrae, accumulates less and less damaging.
    Didn’t mention Hunter. Wing is still a gap on the list and he’s a good one who was moved on. Not for a second saying he shouldn’t have been, but it’s a gap we have now.

7. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Didn’t mention Hunter. Wing is still a gap on the list and he’s a good one who was moved on. Not for a second saying he shouldn’t have been, but it’s a gap we have now.
    Was going to say the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Was going to say the same thing.
    He hasn’t played a game this year has he ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

He hasn’t played a game this year has he ?
    No he hasn't. But I think why Bevo left him out is because we pretty much moved him on.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched his presser from today, and it was a much better performance.

If the dickheads in the media don't get it now, then there's no helping them. The "I just don't understand these bizarre decisions" brigade amongst them might take a while to quieten down, but it's pretty clear.

12. Likes Grantysghost, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched his presser from today, and it was a much better performance.

If the dickheads in the media don't get it now, then there's no helping them. The "I just don't understand these bizarre decisions" brigade amongst them might take a while to quieten down, but it's pretty clear.
    Bains definitely earning his keep here.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

14. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah agree Bevo spoke really well today without biting back at legitimate questions, it's not about the response to the media he needs to give more to the members. Today he did.

I still think he should have started the season with Naughty back with JOD well off the pace and Buku/Coffield raw but we will agree to disagree.

Post Thanks / Like

The main thing I can't reconcile about Naughton back is how the game can keep moving with him with his hands on the football.

Speed on the ball is a big thing, every time Naughton gets it up the ground the game slows down because he doesn't have the skill level of decisiveness to move the ball quickly.

I was previously a big believer that he should go back, but I just can't see how it works for him.

17. Likes SonofScray, Bullies, The Underdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The main thing I can't reconcile about Naughton back is how the game can keep moving with him with his hands on the football.

Speed on the ball is a big thing, every time Naughton gets it up the ground the game slows down because he doesn't have the skill level of decisiveness to move the ball quickly.

I was previously a big believer that he should go back, but I just can't see how it works for him.
    Sorry I can’t agree , he actually moves it on quick, the only time he tends to stop is when he has no one in front of him and has to wait for them to get ahead of him.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    He has given a good summary of why there has been changes. How the recent draft history of grabbing talls in Marra, Darcy and Buss impacted our inside mid depth especially with Baz injured and Dunkley and Lippa leaving.

Searching for players to play different roles.
    Dunks leavig the year after Lippa still makes me angry......seriously hope the Lions never win a flag with Dunks there

20. Likes Grantysghost, 1eyedog, Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I can?t agree , he actually moves it on quick, the only time he tends to stop is when he has no one in front of him and has to wait for them to get ahead of him.
    I don't mind, but you're wrong.

Let's hope we don't have to find out for real, I guess.

22. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Dunks leavig the year after Lippa still makes me angry......seriously hope the Lions never win a flag with Dunks there
    Agree I was hoping we wouldn't miss Dunks but boy I didn't think we would miss him this much. He was the only one who seemed to be accountable in the guts. Also runs both ways. I too hope they never win a flag as they have a few flogs i would hate to see on the podium.