Thanks Thanks:  368
Likes Likes:  1,921

Thread: Sharp Axes

  1. #2161
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    Kane has lost a lot of esteem now that I’ve seen definitive proof that I could easily bash him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

  2. #2162
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Kane has lost a lot of esteem now that I’ve seen definitive proof that I could easily bash him.
    I'd buy tickets.

  3. #2163
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19,504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    It would be a wrist punch extravaganza.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

  4. Likes Happy Days, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
  5. #2164
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Warragul
    Posts
    9,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Kane has lost a lot of esteem now that I?ve seen definitive proof that I could easily bash him.
    He's coming to speak at my footy club sponsors day next month, come down and give him a clip if you like.

  6. Likes bornadog liked this post
  7. #2165
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    61,794
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He's coming to speak at my footy club sponsors day next month, come down and give him a clip if you like.
    Give him a map to the Nets HD will be waiting
    FFC: Established 1883

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  8. #2166
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    9,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Kane has lost a lot of esteem now that I’ve seen definitive proof that I could easily bash him.
    Uploaded straight to PH.
    "It's over. It's all over."

  9. #2167
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Ok. I'll wear that tonight but this wonderful win tonight counts for 0 of we come out and let Freo push us around. We've got to keep backing up wins and put consistent performances for the rest of the season.
    I agree. In fact I will go so far as to say if we don't do the business against Freo it will just cause the haters to double down and reinforce the perception that we cannot be trusted and that as a team we are soft flat track bullies.

  10. #2168
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    9,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I agree. In fact I will go so far as to say if we don't do the business against Freo it will just cause the haters to double down and reinforce the perception that we cannot be trusted and that as a team we are soft flat track bullies.
    Wouldn't it be the truth tho?
    "It's over. It's all over."

  11. #2169
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sunshine
    Posts
    3,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I agree. In fact I will go so far as to say if we don't do the business against Freo it will just cause the extremely passionate, intelligent and handsome fans who just want what’s best for the club to double down and reinforce the perception that we cannot be trusted and that as a team we are soft flat track bullies.
    Edited for accuracies sake.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

  12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
  13. #2170
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dogsville
    Posts
    12,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I agree. In fact I will go so far as to say if we don't do the business against Freo it will just cause the haters to double down and reinforce the perception that we cannot be trusted and that as a team we are soft flat track bullies.
    It will be more than haters it will be many of our own.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

  14. #2171
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19,504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    Are we saying that if we lose this week Bevo is on the chopping block again, no matter the circumstances?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

  15. #2172
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Are we saying that if we lose this week Bevo is on the chopping block again, no matter the circumstances?
    Of course sections of supporters and media will be calling for his head.

    Surely your not surprised by that?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

  16. #2173
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19,504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Of course sections of supporters and media will be calling for his head.

    Surely your not surprised by that?
    Probably not surprised, more so bored.

    Perth is a difficult proposition for any team, let alone a middling one coming up against another middling one that just got stung by a Derby loss to an ordinary WCE.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

  17. Likes EasternWest liked this post
  18. #2174
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    9,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Probably not surprised, more so bored.

    Perth is a difficult proposition for any team, let alone a middling one coming up against another middling one that just got stung by a Derby loss to an ordinary WCE.
    A really really really handsome poster said something like "we'll beat St Kilda comfortably and wonder what all the angst was about but then get starched by Freo and be back here again" to paraphrase.

    I agree with that guy.
    "It's over. It's all over."

  19. #2175
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19,504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sharp Axes

    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    A really really really handsome poster said something like "we'll beat St Kilda comfortably and wonder what all the angst was about but then get starched by Freo and be back here again" to paraphrase.

    I agree with that guy.
    I doubt anyone smart enough to say that would also be handsome.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •