Thanks Thanks:  344
Likes Likes:  1,795
Page 13 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharp Axes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sharp Axes

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Why does one no add the ruck when quoting the midfield as he is an integral part?
    English is way more talented than Lycett but that?s not the problem. Also Bont at 100% is better than anyone at port. Wines and Boak are aging but experienced and still very hard at it. Smith is talented but way off displaying it.
    Butters is going past Bont.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I 've just worked out the cause of our form slump BAD hasn't been at the last three games it's time for you to stop being selfish you know its all about the team and for you to come home.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Get your endorphin release, go for it. Just don't ask what we do next once it's done.

What's the next thing you'd do after you swung the axe? Put Lade in charge? Pad out the rest of the year and try and improve the draft position, essentially going tits up and signally a rebuild or hoping for a Craig Macrae to pop up - whilst fearing a Mark Neeld might?

Does a new coach kick Marra's and Lobb's first quarter chances for them? Jacko seems to be able to slot goals when he has a chance, reckon that's pure skill, or the coach's messages getting through to him, or do you reckon he's a pro that takes responsibility for his output and skill level?

Matthias Corman has a message and question for you:

https://fb.watch/l2XYVWOD7T/

Will you know what to do, or will you be wibble wobble wibble wobble jelly on a plate?
    Thank you for the salient reminder of why I hate politics and all politicians.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I was in awe of some of his work. He’s like a bloody terrier when he doesn’t have it, hits the contest at full speed and pulls off some incredible disposal. Can kick at angles going full tilt.

Superstar a pleasure to watch.

7. Likes 1eyedog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Not if Bont was fit

9. Likes anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not if Bont was fit
    Hard to say as their strengths lie in different areas. Butters is a freakishly good athlete though and has great vision and touch.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo will step down if we don’t make finals. Have that from someone within the 4 walls.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

12. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Bevo will step down if we don’t make finals. Have that from someone within the 4 walls.
    That means we will scrape into finals again. If Bevo resigns, then the president, CEO and head of football should follow.

Post Thanks / Like

That means we will scrape into finals again. If Bevo resigns, then the president, CEO and head of football should follow.
    my gut feeling is he’ll step down if we have a bad run of games leading upto finals.

But I do agree, we need a huge personal change within the football department, and I’d like to see a more ruthless CEO/ President who doesn’t want to embrace mediocrity like we always seemingly do.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Gordon needs a monument but he was on the front foot when we performed poorly or the coach needed defending. Where is KWW? Ameet seems like a nice bloke but is he tough enough?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    my gut feeling is he’ll step down if we have a bad run of games leading upto finals.

But I do agree, we need a huge personal change within the football department, and I’d like to see a more ruthless CEO/ President who doesn’t want to embrace mediocrity like we always seemingly do.
    Can we pleaassee get a kicking coach ?

17. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Much easier to blame the coach and not have a solution.

I don't mind posters having a go at coaches and players, but what I would love is a solution to our problems, and I mean a solution right now as you say. Who comes, in? How do we change our game plan, who do we move around, etc etc.

I haven't seen the last 3 games, but from stats, I can see we have alot of the ball. We had 70 more disposals and smashed them at Stoppages yet we lost.

Problems/Suggested solutions

* I don't think we can play Keath, Bruce and Jones as big backs. Play Two only and bring in a Cleary or Crozier type (till Richards is back) I suggest the 3 talls aren't the issue although Bruce had a bad night and I would have preferred Gardner

* Arty and JOD need to go back to VFL and learn their trade.
    We have known this for weeks but the selection is on the coach

* We have to re think JUH, Naughton and Lobb's roles. Naughton to move up the ground to CHF, and make Lobb the main FF and JUH his assistant till he gets stronger and more mature. We actually have to operate a more cohesive forward line and it has been an issue regardless of personnel. We continue to have all our forwards getting in each others way. Naughton takes an occasional pack mark but he is so much better with a run at it not impeded by a team-mate

* We have to stop bombing the ball into the 50.
    Well if our forwards were instructed to lead and we had some semblance of an open forward line we mightn't have to bomb it in.

* We need to take our chances and move the ball quickly through the corridor.
    Of course we need to take chances, but we can't move it quickly when there is nobody forward to move it to.

* The mids are getting plenty of the ball and creating opportunities up forward, but we aren't captialising
    I have bolded answers to your points.

We need a much better plan.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    * We have to stop bombing the ball into the 50.
    To this point and building on Bulldog Joe's response - I made a point of watching the forward line last night and they are simply not moving. They all stand and point. There is only one situation where they look capable of creating space and that is along the boundary, for a lead to the pocket. In the first quarter Naughton got the mark on a lead and JUH later in the game, both deep in the pocket.

I actually thought that it looked as if the mids were working with a clear instruction to not be wasteful of the ball coming inside fifty. It ended up costing us on a few occasions through overuse of the football. At the end of the day you can't take an option that isn't there.

There is a certain team ethic involved in busting your gut to provide an option, knowing that you might not get the footy, and not enough of our players do this consistently. Jack Macrae does it, Libba does it. Jamarra probably the best at it in the forward half. They need some mates.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Do you think we have the same talent as Port in the midfield. I don't.

Boak. Wines. JHF. Rozee. Butters. >>>>>>>>> Bont. Libba. Smith. Treloar. Macrae.

I would take Port's midfield. Every day and twice on Sunday.
    You're easily seduced. We got smashed in the hit outs last night but our boys smashed those supremely talented Port boys in clearances. I would take Bont & Libba not only over Ports 5 but any other mids in the comp. Bont is playing injured too.

Post Thanks / Like

We do our forwards no favours with the lack of speed on the ball entering F50 that's for sure.

Naughton is not a natural forward, he's just not. He's hitting the scoreboard off the back of raw talent alone. He is dangerous though so will still take the oppos best KD. Move him up the ground he actually congests the forward line because he attracts a crowd, but he's just not moving. Seems in limbo.

Lobb is purely a get out of jail option only as he is unlikely to be outmarked. Been providing nothing else this season. No idea what to do with him. VFL?

Our only two forwards are Weightman and Jamarra so give them space. If we can open things up a bit put Arty or West down there. Also, if we're stuck on Bruce get him forward as well and get him moving.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.