Thanks Thanks:  368
Likes Likes:  1,912

Thread: Sharp Axes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sharp Axes

"My understanding is that he will be told in no uncertain terms that the message needs to change."

Caro with the latest on Luke Beveridge amid a disconnect at the kennel, with many at the club still believing the club has a top four list.

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1779807847158817142

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Nothing concrete from Caro. Just lots of speculation all while giving some type of signal that she has inside news. She also did say that Bevo and Ameet are now getting on along better.
    If you’re watching or listening to Caro and believing any of it you will need to see a psychiatrist in the future. She will do your head in.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

No key defenders outside of a shaky Jones, a gun mid-sized defender, four good forwards, two emerging forwards, and a midfield that runs one way slowly, without any support on the wings.

All other remaining spots on the field are filled by either inconsistent or emerging performers..........

But yeah, top four amazing list full of guns blah blah blah. Bevo may not be coaching well but the narrative around our list is self-serving bullshit in media land.

Say something often enough and it catches on. A guy at work today who barely follows football started lecturing me about how amazing our list is, and I asked him to name our gun key defenders, wings and quick mids........and I got a very very blank look back in return.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

"The club has denied from several sources today that there was a crisis meeting today about the caoch would be spoken to about his methods, his selections" Caro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    If you’re watching or listening to Caro and believing any of it you will need to see a psychiatrist in the future. She will do your head in.
    Agree. 100%.

Post Thanks / Like

Kane sitting next to Caro. Caro saying all we have heard from this year is Bevo.

Maybe I'm dreaming this up. But from memory was not Kane whacking Bevo hard for not saying anything and that all we heard from one was everyone else at the club.

Serioulsy, no wonder this stuff does Bevo's head in.

Post Thanks / Like

"The club has denied from several sources today that there was a crisis meeting today about the caoch would be spoken to about his methods, his selections" Caro
    So it didn’t happen and Caro, you’re wrong

Post Thanks / Like

"My understanding is that he will be told in no uncertain terms that the message needs to change."

Caro with the latest on Luke Beveridge amid a disconnect at the kennel, with many at the club still believing the club has a top four list.

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1779807847158817142
    The most ridiculous thing about this, is that outside of his butchering of it on Friday night after the terrible loss, he's said:

- We need to reward form
    - We need to change our mix
    - Players are under selection pressure and reputation won't save them
    - We play for the now
    - We always want to get better/ evolve quickly

I really don't understand how people can reconcile the above with what is happening and be confused about it. You may not like it or agree with it, but what has been said for five weeks versus what we have seen across selection and how we're playing is aligned.

9. Likes SquirrelGrip, MrMahatma, soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kane sitting next to Caro. Caro saying all we have heard from this year is Bevo.

Maybe I'm dreaming this up. But from memory was not Kane whacking Bevo for not saying anything and all we had heard from one was everyone else at the club.

Serioulsy, no wonder this stuff does Bevo's head in.
    Yeah it’s hilarious isn’t it and people can’t see it ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    No key defenders outside of a shaky Jones, a gun mid-sized defender, four good forwards, two emerging forwards, and a midfield that runs one way slowly, without any support on the wings.

All other remaining spots on the field are filled by either inconsistent or emerging performers..........

But yeah, top four amazing list full of guns blah blah blah. Bevo may not be coaching well but the narrative around our list is self-serving bullshit in media land.

Say something often enough and it catches on. A guy at work today who barely follows football started lecturing me about how amazing our list is, and I asked him to name our gun key defenders, wings and quick mids........and I got a very very blank look back in return.
    It drops off pretty quickly after the best few.

However it's not a terrible list, I mean the Pies aren't exactly stacked and they won the lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The most ridiculous thing about this, is that outside of his butchering of it on Friday night after the terrible loss, he's said:

- We need to reward form
    - We need to change our mix
    - Players are under selection pressure and reputation won't save them
    - We play for the now
    - We always want to get better/ evolve quickly

I really don't understand how people can reconcile the above with what is happening and be confused about it. You may not like it or agree with it, but what has been said for five weeks versus what we have seen across selection and how we're playing is aligned.
    The journalists who don't buy into sensationalism like Connoly and Ryan or even Clark wrote balanced pieces today that took all that you stated into consideration.

Those that have an agenda, will not give credit for anything positive. Kane, Caro, Morris and Barrett have it in for Bevo and they are going to slam him whenever they get even the tiniest opportunity. It is definiltey personal with them and especialy Kane, Morris and Barrett.

But Bevo has created some of that himself with his own us against the world mentality at times. I'm sure if he had his time again, he would have handles himself a little differently at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

However it's not a terrible list, I mean the Pies aren't exactly stacked and they won the lot.
    At what point does a playing list that provides consistent application and execution of game plan and effort actually have more “talent” than a list built on reputations that have outlived the form?

The Pies might not have 22 Bont’s but they’ve got quality players across every line and some genuine superstars - emerging, prime and fading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    So it didn’t happen and Caro, you’re wrong
    The club has denied it. But Caro is going to run with it anyway and mumbles her way through what supposedly what was going to go down. BUT THE CLUB HAS DENIED IT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

It's not a terrible list, but it's also one that has been caught out due to some key weaknesses, a decline in output from senior players, a lack of performing depth, and midfielders out of step with today's game.

Making the 2021 GF was great. We should have won more games than we did in 2022-2023, I guess. But people are carrying on as if we've gone 4-19 and 5-18 the past two years, and that we're sitting at 1-4 now.

Post Thanks / Like

The club has denied it. But Caro is going to run with it anyway and mumbles her way through what supposedly what was going to go down. BUT THE CLUB HAS DENIED IT.
    Must be great to have a job where you can just lie and make stuff up.