Thanks Thanks:  368
Likes Likes:  1,918

Thread: Sharp Axes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sharp Axes

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I doubt anyone smart enough to say that would also be handsome.
    Hard to believe, but I've seen him and he's dreamy.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Hard to believe, but I've seen him and he's dreamy.
    Have we met ?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes azabob, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Have we met ?
    Not that you know of, but don't open the wardrobe door too wide tonight.

Besides, we know it wasn't you that I quoted, because that particularly handsome guy said something critical about the Bulldogs .
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Not that you know of, but don't open the wardrobe door too wide tonight.

Besides, we know it wasn't you that I quoted, because that particularly handsome guy said something critical about the Bulldogs .
    Nah he never says anything critical

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

So at the start of the year we were hopeful but also commented about if we were going well Bevo is safe if we weren’t he should go.
    Well round 6 and we are 3-3 and still no idea on whether we are good or bad.
    If that isn’t the life of a bulldog supporter what is ?
    You want to be a bulldog supporter I hope your a 50/50 person in life.
    Bring back the biff

7. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    So at the start of the year we were hopeful but also commented about if we were going well Bevo is safe if we weren?t he should go.
    Well round 6 and we are 3-3 and still no idea on whether we are good or bad.
    If that isn?t the life of a bulldog supporter what is ?
    You want to be a bulldog supporter I hope your a 50/50 person in life.
    Good point.

I feel like we've had years of having no idea if this team is legit or not. And it feels the same yet again despite any pre season predictions.

At the start of the year I would've predicted 3-3 and would've thought that was OK. Losses to dees, cats and saints but wins over suns, Eagles and bombers.

What does that mean? Well I suppose we're a middling team. But are we? The freo game will tell us everything right!?

Post Thanks / Like

"That is not personal criticism, that's professional criticism and it stacks up." @kanecornes responds to the Bulldogs' CEO's comments about the media scrutiny on Luke Beveridge.

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1782353446081122408

(Caro reveals that the club reached out to her about her critisim of Luke Beveridge).

Post Thanks / Like

Johnno is a complete ****en dullard sometimes and I knew that would come back to bite us.

What a dumbshit.

Wilson basically denying knowledge of appearances of people at the club in HER INDUSTRY is classic Caroline Wilson. Whatever Kornes says is to be taken with a grain of salt, omitting actual facts and using a megaphone to blast your opinion across multiple platforms is actually making it personal if your targeting doesn't change.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t have a problem with what Johnno said. What’s the issue? “Bevo is ok at the moment”? Do we know what he was responding to? May have been clip chimped

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    "That is not personal criticism, that's professional criticism and it stacks up." @kanecornes responds to the Bulldogs' CEO's comments about the media scrutiny on Luke Beveridge.

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1782353446081122408

(Caro reveals that the club reached out to her about her critisim of Luke Beveridge).
    What a moron he is. Every year he makes up a story about Bevo, every single year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by my plums View Post
    I didn’t have a problem with what Johnno said. What’s the issue? “Bevo is ok at the moment”? Do we know what he was responding to? May have been clip chimped
    Not being smart enough to know how it would be weaponised against the coach of the club he played for and employs him on a part time basis.

Post Thanks / Like

Not being smart enough to know how it would be weaponised against the coach of the club he played for and employs him on a part time basis.
    Fair call. I'd love to say the media doesn't affect the club but if they have approached Caro about her reporting i guess it does.

15. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by my plums View Post
    Fair call. I'd love to say the media doesn't affect the club but if they have approached Caro about her reporting i guess it does.
    In essence Johnno epitomised what is wrong with the football media. If a coach doesn't talk in the merest of clich?s or dumb things down to a severely basic level, the football media can't understand or process what's beings said.

Bevo definitely had a shit press conference after the Essendon game, but all year outside of that he's been clear with his selection reasoning and strategy, and has enacted it on field. Johnno played into the Kano theory of bizarre selections playing out, as if they hadn't been explained thoroughly.

And I get nobody has to agree with the selections, but calling fully reasoned and explained selections bizarre is essentially why the attacks on Beveridge are personal. Outside of interpretive dance, I'm not sure what the guy can do to articulate his reasoning any further.

Post Thanks / Like

In essence Johnno epitomised what is wrong with the football media. If a coach doesn't talk in the merest of clich?s or dumb things down to a severely basic level, the football media can't understand or process what's beings said.

Bevo definitely had a shit press conference after the Essendon game, but all year outside of that he's been clear with his selection reasoning and strategy, and has enacted it on field. Johnno played into the Kano theory of bizarre selections playing out, as if they hadn't been explained thoroughly.

And I get nobody has to agree with the selections, but calling fully reasoned and explained selections bizarre is essentially why the attacks on Beveridge are personal. Outside of interpretive dance, I'm not sure what the guy can do to articulate his reasoning any further.
    Bevo does talk in a way that means you’ve sometimes gotta listen to what he says a couple of times to get it. But I don’t think he’s been contradictory this season. Form and our game plan have dictated selection. Simple.

18. Likes my plums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Bevo does talk in a way that means you’ve sometimes gotta listen to what he says a couple of times to get it. But I don’t think he’s been contradictory this season. Form and our game plan have dictated selection. Simple.
    Well there is one player who is playing and hasn’t performed and that’s Sanders, if he was another player as a mid fielder and only got 6 possessions ? In 3/4 he wouldn’t be playing.
    Bring back the biff