Thanks Thanks:  368
Likes Likes:  1,912
Page 53 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharp Axes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sharp Axes

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    There's a mute option!?!
    Sorry, i can't see this post, its just blank
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Thanks MrMahatma thanked for this post
    Likes Jasper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    But can coaches accept less than ideal levels of effort and in a way endorse it?
    Nope. When effort isn't at the required level you hold the individuals accountable without prejudice.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling we're about to have a 2014-15 like off season...
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    What have you heard? Fess up!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What have you heard? Fess up!
    Nothing I want to put my name to, but a thread has popped up on BigFooty called ''Future of the club''

Even if 50% of it is on the money, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing I want to put my name to, but a thread has popped up on BigFooty called ''Future of the club''

Even if 50% of it is on the money, it's gonna be a wild ride.
    On that I checked BF for the first time in about 15 years. Is the poster reliable?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

On that I checked BF for the first time in about 15 years. Is the poster reliable?
    According to most all the posters there, yes. I only read BF when I'm bored at work, I don't even have an account, but I've seen a few of his posts come true (vitaltread and smileyboy also have some very good information from time to time).

9. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Jasper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

According to most all the posters there, yes. I only read BF when I'm bored at work, I don't even have an account, but I've seen a few of his posts come true (vitaltread and smileyboy also have some very good information from time to time).
    Well if the Gordon & Bont stuff is real, in particular, then there might be interesting times ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Well if the Gordon & Bont stuff is real, in particular, then there might be interesting times ahead.
    It reads a bit melodramatic, but it isn’t beyond the realm of possibility.

The Bont aspect, I wish we weren’t putting him in that scenario if true. That’s Grant and Bains failing.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder we won 7 games in 2014 and had a percentage of 82%.

Pretty sure things are different now
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    It reads a bit melodramatic, but it isn’t beyond the realm of possibility.

The Bont aspect, I wish we weren’t putting him in that scenario if true. That’s Grant and Bains failing.
    Grain of salt at this point, but if true points at some internal ructions ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting read on BF.

There have been murmurs of Bont and Bevo not seeing eye to eye before. Hmmm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Interesting read on BF.

There have been murmurs of Bont and Bevo not seeing eye to eye before. Hmmm.
    When?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Craziest thing in that Big Footy post is ‘the club thinks we are in the premiership window’!

We have a promising forward line and Bont.

We have three midfielders who are considered ‘A grade’ -Treloar, Macrae and Libba who basically play the same role and are all one paced and nearing the end. I don’t see how we can compete with all those three in the side.

We are in the perfect spot for a mini rebuild via the draft.

17. Likes jeemak, Bullies, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the Big Footy post for those interested:

Instead of hijacking several other threads and making them off topic probably best to consolidate information into one as it has a bit of a broader spectrum than ''Do we trust Bevo'' and ''what are the media saying?''

Ill break this down into two categories and I'll keep it updated as much as I can.

More concrete (Via various different sources, both inside and outside the club, i trust it enough to put it here)

-Up until about a month ago, KWW/Ameet/board were all very much ''Bevo has the safest job in football''. The decision to extend Luke's contract another 2 years was a unanimous decision by the board, president and CEO, no one thought it would recieve the backlash that it did, as I'm told some members were even ''surprised'' how the media was harping on about ''why sign him now''..
    -We did do an internal review last year headed up by Ameet but by all reports it was fairly half-assed and the conclusion was ''more help for Beveridge''
    -Losses to Sydney, GWS and Hawks have started to change the tune of some of our stead-fast board members
    -David Smorgan has started airing his concerns to old friends at the club
    -Peter Gordon earlier in the year scoffed publicly (well, at a Gordon Legal party) about how poorly the Dogs are doing / how disappointed he is with how the club is being run / doesn't think Bevo is the right man for the job anymore - This was witnessed by a few people including a current sitting board member, this got back to Bevo and others at the club and got some noses very out of joint
    -Change at both coaching and board level was going to happen at the end of this season regardless of season outcome, this was a conclusion made early in the season.
    -After Hawks loss PG has sent off some very nasty messages to a number of higher ups at the club airing his disgust and questioning ''what is going on at his beloved Dogs?''
    -Bont was ''inconsolable'' and ''The most pissed off anyone has seen him'' after the Hawks loss, had a 1:1 meeting with Ameet not long after the loss.
    -Ameet's tune about Bevo has seemingly changed over night.
    -Ameet (with backing of the board) was the one to instigate the firing of Rohan Smith. Rohan doesn't have as bad of health issues as Bevo and co have made out, he can fully function day to day. He was fired over text message, something I strongly, strongly disagree with. I cannot say if Rohan wanted to continue on coaching / Bevo wanted him to stay on (Smiley Boy will have the insight here)
    -The plan before the loss to the Hawks was to completely clean our assistant coaching ranks and bring in the best we can, even going over soft cap to do so just to stabilize the ship and get us where we want to be (the club strongly believes we are in the window).
    -We would have to pay out Luke's entire contract if we decided to get rid of him early, currently that's until the end of 2025.

Less Concrete

-Since the Hawks loss, Ameet is gunning to also replace Luke but doesn't have the support to do it
    -Talk of a board spill due to some Beveridge die-hards who want to keep the status-quo, possibly spearheaded by an old President-
    -Mat Inness will be moved on at the end of the season
    -Lade will also be leaving during this off season, big personality clash with Bevo, his contracted for one more year but if he finds something elsewhere the club won't stand in his way.
    -Webb is going back to WA
    -If the above two things happen, our only remaining assistant coach is Matty S, the memes write themselves
    -Bevo's contracted money is finally thinning out allowing us more cash to throw at assistant coaches (Was front loaded)
    -Chris Grant is selling the house his lived in for the last 400 years, might be moving on??? (pure speculation)-
    -We've asked Leon Cameron (again) to come on as an assistant
    -We've asked Stewy Dew to come on as an assistant

I'll keep this updated as I get information sent my way. A week is a long time in football, things can change farking quickly.

19. Thanks josie, Eastdog, anfo27 thanked for this post
    Likes Mantis liked this post