Thanks Thanks:  345
Likes Likes:  1,799
Page 60 of 147 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharp Axes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sharp Axes

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Grant looked like a ghost in the coaches box post-siren.
    The buck stops with the leader. He has overseen the Football Department since mid 2016. It has happened on his watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Grant looked like a ghost in the coaches box post-siren.
    He looked listless.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Radio silence on club socials. That?s unusual.

Something brewing?
    That is an extremely long bow to draw.

Most likely they know they replies will not be kind.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He looked listless.
    Good word listless.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Radio silence on club socials. That?s unusual.

Something brewing?
    I know it's just the marketing department, but it's a bit spineless.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    That is an extremely long bow to draw.

Most likely they know they replies will not be kind.
    They would have a plan for posting content after games, that hasn’t been followed. It might be a case of just wanting to save them from the incoming nuclear anger, but that’s still unusual. The loss has been significant enough for management to have given the directive to bunker down.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

I again saved myself the agony of watching another insipid display by heading over to Bribie island, just North of Brisbane and South of the Sunshine Coast. You have to love winter weather in Queensland - low 20's, bright sunshine and a cooling breeze - perfect Melbourne/London Summer's day.

Checked the scores 8 mins to go in the 3rd quarter and we were a point up. Didn't bother checking again and again was not surprised by the result. It follows a script. The same script that this group, players and coaches have produced ad nauseum. Its frustrating; its disheartening; it goes against everything that they team stands for. Yet WCE, a team who have won just twice this season before today; who were pantsed by 100+ in the local derby; who with a win lose the number one draft pick; and who have a coach who is practically out the door win against a team with everything to play for.

If the players and coaches had any decency they would donate their match fees to charity out of embarrassment. but they wont. Bevo trots the same old bullsh*t that he has trotted out all season. He can't understand why the team can't beat arguably the worst team in the league since Fitzroy! He can't work out why so many of his players are already on a plane to Bali or Europe despite the season not ending. He can't because he has lost the players. sad though it is, for a guy who has been so, important and so great for our club, he no longer has the ability to motivate them. The message/game plan/tactics are stale. Not surprising - he has been there 9 seasons.

It is time for a change, a fresh pair of hands. Different tactics. Buckley/Cameron if we want a recycled coach; Hanson/Gia/Boyd if we want a new coach. Coach out the Geelong game, but let it be known that he wont be in the post next season.

8. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    He can't understand why the team can't beat arguably the worst team in the league since Fitzroy! He can't work out why so many of his players are already on a plane to Bali or Europe despite the season not ending. He can't because he has lost the players.
    I'm not disagreeing with this sentiment. However, my question is. If he has lost the players why are we not getting 100+ point beltings like the Eagles? Why are we just losing by single digit margins every second week? Why can we produce a nine goal opening quarter against the Tigers two weeks ago?

Once a coach loses the players, the wheels completely fall off normally. That means heavy defeats which we are yet to have. Not saying he has not lost the players, but this is a very different version of it which we normally see.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Bevo does the honourable thing and put the club first. Grant and Bains should follow as they gave Bevo too much power, to much money which limited the quality of assistants.

On a positive note JOD looks like a very good player as early as 24. Is now our 2nd best KPD and I would expect big improvement after a preseason.

11. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with this sentiment. However, my question is. If he has lost the players why are we not getting 100+ point beltings like the Eagles? Why are we just losing by single digit margins every second week? Why can we produce a nine goal opening quarter against the Tigers two weeks ago?

Once a coach loses the players, the wheels completely fall off normally. That means heavy defeats which we are yet to have. Not saying he has not lost the players, but this is a very different version of it which we normally see.
    Agreed.

It's an overly simple throwaway line that gets trotted out too easily.

There's clearly issues, but they're more complex.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

13. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in the camp now of changing up the coach Bevo or if we keep Bevo on wholesale changes to the assistants around him. The board and footy department big responsibility in what is going on as well and need people in there who want to take our club forward.

We also need to have a careful look at our list as well. A mini re-build might in order particularly our defence which is ageing and also our midfield which needs more grunt.

We need a Libba type because while Libba has been excellent he will not be there forever.

Bailey Smith we could trade out and get someone or picks which could be better long term.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

15. Likes Grantysghost, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Agreed.

It's an overly simple throwaway line that gets trotted out too easily.

There's clearly issues, but they're more complex.
    Yep. Don’t think Bevo has lost the group rather he is (obviously) not getting the best out of the group. Definitely need to change things up - new coach, some new players

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the presser, I found it very interesting that he mildly rebuked the notion that we have a list that should be well into the finals positions.

First time I've ever heard him say something like that, was quite a protectionist stance reading the sub text.

Paraphrasing he said outside of a handful of stars, you need to get the most out of your 23. Not sure he thinks we've got the depth others may.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Watching the presser, I found it very interesting that he mildly rebuked the notion that we have a list that should be well into the finals positions.

First time I've ever heard him say something like that, was quite a protectionist stance reading the sub text.

Paraphrasing he said outside of a handful of stars, you need to get the most out of your 23. Not sure he thinks we've got the depth others may.
    There could be a bit to that but bringing in 2 x 30yo in via trades, Baker and Poulter as rookies and drafting just 3 players at the national draft makes it sound like that this is a position that has evolved through the year more so than being evident 12 months ago.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

19. Likes Grantysghost, Virgin-Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There could be a bit to that but bringing in 2 x 30yo in via trades, Baker and Poulter as rookies and drafting just 3 players at the national draft makes it sound like that this is a position that has evolved through the year more so than being evident 12 months ago.
    IF Baker and Poulter are getting games, and they weren't on our list last year, it shows our lack of depth.

Some of our kids are not coming through , either through injury, poor form , missing KPI (???") or just can't crack it due to contest in position : Buku and Sweet

21. Likes Grantysghost liked this post