OK, so last night was a disaster and a representation of everything we have done wrong for multiple years. Goals out the back, skill errors, inability to pressure the opposition, poor I50 entries, capitulation of spirit etc.

So what's the fix? CAN it be fixed?

As much as I think the coaching group need to be held accountable, and they should be, I'm really questioning some of our players.

Is Dale up to the pressure of big games? Is Daniel the player he was? Is Keath done? Is Macrae one of the biggest problems we have? Is our depth THAT bad?

We could go on.

We know the issues both collectively and individually. We've known about them for some time. It's one game but clearly all of these issues remain in the spotlight.

My fear is it cannot be fixed with THIS personnel and highlights we haven't hit the draft hard enough in recent years. Part of that is forced through what we had to give up for Marra and Darcy, part of it is that we haven't made it a priority. The list looks a little stale - to not have a debutant last night is unusual (Baker/Lobb don't count).

We can build around our young core, but my feeling is we really need to hit the draft. For now, and I'm not saying we throw the baby out with the bath water, but I'd like to see us invest games into younger talent where possible (Garcia, Arty, Bedendo, Cleary etc).

Thoughts?