Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Game Day - Brisbane Lions vs Opponent

So not sure if you guys are aware but as a result of Jeemak’s sustained lobbying campaign to trade away mattress salesman and Netflix menu enjoyer Josh Dunkley we are in possession of Brisbane’s 2023 first round draft pick.

They’re off to an amazing start, with Will Ashcroft already a huge disappointment who will obviously never make it according to Kane Cornes probably, Harris Andrews still not regaining the ability to shut down entire forward lines that Jezza Cameron knocked out of him a few years back, and Joe Daniher doing cartwheels in the pocket when the ball is down the other end. They have Melbourne this week who despite likely unfortunately regaining Jack Viney will probably go in as favourites, with Brisbane a not unreasonable chance of being actually 18th on Monday. What number do you guys think Harley Reid wants next year?

I thought we could all use a break from wishing death upon our own club and wish some death upon someone else’s. Go Dees?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day - Brisbane Lions vs Opponent

It would certainly serve us well if Brisbane had a mare of a season and finished outside of the 8. I don't mind Brisbane but a slow start would bring a smile.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I can't go as far as to say Go Deees, however I am wishing much losingness-ness on the Lol-ions.

If we can snag a top 10 pick, even if we finish last I'll celebrate this season as a success.

Apparently it's the SUPER draft. Which is basically the same as every other draft except they've said it's SUPER.

Which does make me wonder whether it matters where we pick as they're all SUPER players, HOWEVER I like this thread and I will be posting in it regularly.

Like this :

30 second mark of first qtr v Demons.

"Ashcroft is shit he hasn't had a touch yet, plus he's too small and his head is too big".

So in summary.

Not Go Dees, however Don't Go Lol-ions.

5. Likes bornadog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rolling Draft Order: Round 1:

Pick 3
    Pick 4
    Pick 22
    Pick 57
    Pick 60
    Pick 68
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Rolling Draft Order: Round 1:

Pick 3
    Pick 4
    Pick 22
    Pick 57
    Pick 60
    Pick 68
    If we and Brisbane both tank we both kinda win

Post Thanks / Like

It's become very politically incorrect to say the result of this game is - to me - much like a war in Siberia...I genuinely don't care who wins just so long as someone loses.

But it's like a war in Siberia.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

10. Likes chef, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There was so much positivity and hype around Brisbane that their season could only ever be a letdown.
    They have the thinnest KPD depth in the competition, bar none. That could really hurt them as the season wears on.

I mean, Port's KPDs are 'short' but what do Brisbane have? Since Adams went down and McStay (who can play high-level KPD) left, they have an Andrews who is not the player he once was, the 'decent' Payne and a tweener who plays tall in Darcy Gardiner who is pretty good but can't take a no 1 (or perhaps no 2) KPF.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    There was so much positivity and hype around Brisbane that their season could only ever be a letdown.
    They have the thinnest KPD depth in the competition, bar none. That could really hurt them as the season wears on.

I mean, Port's KPDs are 'short' but what do Brisbane have? Since Adams went down and McStay (who can play high-level KPD) left, they have an Andrews who is not the player he once was, the 'decent' Payne and a tweener who plays tall in Darcy Gardiner who is pretty good but can't take a no 1 (or perhaps no 2) KPF.
    Gardiner out for 1 to 2 weeks will hurt them
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So not sure if you guys are aware but as a result of Jeemak’s sustained lobbying campaign to trade away mattress salesman and Netflix menu enjoyer Josh Dunkley we are in possession of Brisbane’s 2023 first round draft pick.

They’re off to an amazing start, with Will Ashcroft already a huge disappointment who will obviously never make it according to Kane Cornes probably, Harris Andrews still not regaining the ability to shut down entire forward lines that Jezza Cameron knocked out of him a few years back, and Joe Daniher doing cartwheels in the pocket when the ball is down the other end. They have Melbourne this week who despite likely unfortunately regaining Jack Viney will probably go in as favourites, with Brisbane a not unreasonable chance of being actually 18th on Monday. What number do you guys think Harley Reid wants next year?

I thought we could all use a break from wishing death upon our own club and wish some death upon someone else’s. Go Dees?
    I vote we reinstate game day previews and Happy Days does them all.
    "It's over. It's all over."

14. Likes hujsh, bulldogtragic, jeemak, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Wasn't that Easty 's domain?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Wasn't that Easty 's domain?
    Nah, we use to have a different person each week write up a preview of the game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Nah, we use to have a different person each week write up a preview of the game.
    My little joke.

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Netflix menu enjoyer.......Best!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Seconded
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Brisbane looked good tonight. Sure feel bad for whoever has to play them next week.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -