Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  75
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What - the glass is half full??!

Ok - we lost.

Well we got pummelled by the most hateable bunch of pompous,supercilious nerf herders in the galaxy!

However, so what yeah,...right...,woofers...,am I right? I'm right.

So grab Caesar's leash, put on your favourite podcast (Danny Boyd) and let's take a walk down positivity street.

I'll start.

Bevo's new teeth and old man glasses. He really gave of the look of a wise elderly gent sitting down at the local mall watching the world go by whilst doing the crossword.

Big Chili - He faced the two toughest ruckman in the game AT THE SAME TIME and held his own, me likey what I see-ey.

Eduardo Richardo - Boy oh boy Ed was amazing. He broke records, he was everywhere and he has guns bigger than Arnie. Get some money on him for the B&F.

The breakup - We all took Adz's side in the breakup and man did we back the right horse. I've always backed this guy and boy oh boy did he deliver. His best game for the club I believe, and he can only get better with more midfield time. Josh who?

There's more but I'll save them for others !

My fellow WOOFERS, what did you find you could grab from the fire this week to give you some positivity for the rest of the season?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What - the glass is half full??!

Leaving the inability of the midfield to generate a repeat stoppage to the side for a second, the mitigation measures we did bring in (Lobb as a supporting ruck, Jones as a key defender) weren’t really allowed to be tested due to injury. I think that goes at least a little bit toward beating the “we’ve learned nothing and we’re stupid idiots who suck” allegations.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

3. Likes bornadog, hujsh, Bulldog4life, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Leaving the inability of the midfield to generate a repeat stoppage to the side for a second, the mitigation measures we did bring in (Lobb as a supporting ruck, Jones as a key defender) weren’t really allowed to be tested due to injury. I think that goes at least a little bit toward beating the “we’ve learned nothing and we’re stupid idiots who suck” allegations.
    Yes agree I think the hope is still there with those two.

We all saw Lobb last year and he was nowhere near that for a good reason!

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo's remarks in the members Video indicated he wasn't happy with players not following instructions on defense. We trained all summer for a new defensive system and it broke down. The Positive is - the coach and the boys will be going through this again during the week and seeing where we broke down and what we should be doing. The boys will come out firing this week as they are also hurting badly. Let's get behind them and destroy the Saints.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Mofra, Grantysghost, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Ok - we lost.

Well we got pummelled by the most hateable bunch of pompous,supercilious nerf herders in the galaxy!

However, so what yeah,...right...,woofers...,am I right? I'm right.

So grab Caesar's leash, put on your favourite podcast (Danny Boyd) and let's take a walk down positivity street.

I'll start.

Bevo's new teeth and old man glasses. He really gave of the look of a wise elderly gent sitting down at the local mall watching the world go by whilst doing the crossword.

Big Chili - He faced the two toughest ruckman in the game AT THE SAME TIME and held his own, me likey what I see-ey.

Eduardo Richardo - Boy oh boy Ed was amazing. He broke records, he was everywhere and he has guns bigger than Arnie. Get some money on him for the B&F.

The breakup - We all took Adz's side in the breakup and man did we back the right horse. I've always backed this guy and boy oh boy did he deliver. His best game for the club I believe, and he can only get better with more midfield time. Josh who?

There's more but I'll save them for others !

My fellow WOOFERS, what did you find you could grab from the fire this week to give you some positivity for the rest of the season?
    I feel much better because of your positivity. We only lost by 50 points. The gods were on our side during the second half when Melbourne could only manage behinds despite having 3x our shots at goal. Yep, it was fine.

Thanks for the lift.

Now all I have to deal with is the fact that for the time on period of the second quarter we could have done just as well if we put 21 players on the bench. And our second half would have been better because they would have been more rested. The margin would have been only 49 points.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Sorry, it reinforces that we learn nothing. After playing an injured Weightman and then Bruce last year we start off the new, shiny fresh season playing Lobb knowing he had an injury. Then the club says we can ignore the fact that he was useless because we picked an unfit player.

You should be outraged.

10. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Sorry, it reinforces that we learn nothing. After playing an injured Weightman and then Bruce last year we start off the new, shiny fresh season playing Lobb knowing he had an injury. Then the club says we can ignore the fact that he was useless because we picked an unfit player.

You should be outraged.
    You did read the OP right
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You should be outraged.
    Positive vibes in this thread Danj!

Give me something you liked.

Post Thanks / Like

You should be outraged.
    Lobb effectively got injured the week before R1 and we rolled the dice with his selection before realising it need some surgery. Poorly diagnosed no doubt but prior to that he had been in full training mode for weeks without issue.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Lobb effectively got injured the week before R1 and we rolled the dice with his selection before realising it need some surgery. Poorly diagnosed no doubt but prior to that he had been in full training mode for weeks without issue.
    My god can he roost a football. He's going to kick some goals from 60mtrs out at Marvel.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel much better because of your positivity. We only lost by 50 points. The gods were on our side during the second half when Melbourne could only manage behinds despite having 3x our shots at goal. Yep, it was fine.

Thanks for the lift.

Now all I have to deal with is the fact that for the time on period of the second quarter we could have done just as well if we put 21 players on the bench. And our second half would have been better because they would have been more rested. The margin would have been only 49 points.
    I get you mostly comment after losses so we probably have different goals from interacting with WOOF, but there are no shortage of threads lamenting the result you can participate in. There's no need to comment on the two posts in a 'glass half full' thread if you're that opposed to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily poorly diagnosed. The responsibility also lies with the player. They may feel they are right to go, but when they get out there for a full game - it plays up. He played out the North game didn't he?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

My god can he roost a football. He's going to kick some goals from 60mtrs out at Marvel.
    I walked out with him (behind him) from the sponsors event and he is a monster!

Love that he was driving a hilux too so wa stereo typed.

I reckon he is going to murder a few footsies at marvel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not necessarily poorly diagnosed. The responsibility also lies with the player. They may feel they are right to go, but when they get out there for a full game - it plays up. He played out the North game didn't he?
    Positive is it's been cleaned out and he should be good to go for the majority of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Positive is it's been cleaned out and he should be good to go for the majority of the season.
    Yep better now than later when we might really need him.

22. Likes Grantysghost liked this post