Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  138
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things I've learned - R2 vs StKilda

1. Our coaching is a problem. I think I’m ready to admit that now
    2. Bruce in defence might actually work
    3. Our defence is the scapegoat. Our midfield is the issue. All this talk about having one of the best in the comp when they perform like one of the worst. Macrae and Smith were absolutely awful for large chunks of tonight. Daniel in the middle is simply not going to work.

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1.It is now time to swing the axe very hard whether that be players, coaches or both, you change a losing game unless we want to accept this mediocrity and reputations should count for nothing from this point on.
    2.Daniel is currently a liability, as are several others.
    3 Cordy, Young, Dunkley and Hunter are laughing at our club which is an embarrassment to all supporters.

Post Thanks / Like

1. I was right then, I am right now. I don’t like it, but that’s just the facts of the matter. Bevo has to go.
    2. Chris Gran5 might have to go too.
    3. Watson Wheeler might have to go too. Pending how 1 and 2 are handled and how quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    1. I was right then, I am right now. I don’t like it, but that’s just the facts of the matter. Bevo has to go.
    3. Watson Wheeler might have to go too. Pending how 1 and 2 are handled and how quickly.
    SoS, In my way of thinking this is a footy department challenge to resolve and while Grant heads it up it lets not chuck everyone under the bus just yet.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    SoS, In my way of thinking this is a footy department challenge to resolve and while Grant heads it up it lets not chuck everyone under the bus just yet.
    If we sit on our hands, things will get toxic, quickly.

Clubs are going past us at a rate of knots. Our self assessment of where we were at and corrective actions over summer seem to have been off the mark. This deep into a coaching tenure and with franchise players in their prime, that’s a disaster.

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We are in trouble. As a club, we have broken apart after that Grand Final. Spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally. This isn't a two week lapse.

2. Question marks have to be asked of the football department. Grant and Baines particularly. Why would you re-sign Bevo before the start of the year after his dreadful 2022? Makes zero sense. We re-signed a coach based on what he did in 2016 and 2021 - that's really poor.

3. We need to rebuild. Nobody wants to hear that, but it's the truth. Players at or near the end include Jones, Keath, Libba, Treloar, Crozier, Duryea, Bruce, Lobb. Our fringe players largely are not up to standard and our stars are stale (besides probably Bont and Naughton). We have zero genuine young stars coming through besides Darcy and Marra, and honestly, I'm not convinced on Marra yet. We recruited to contend in 2023 but we're nowhere near it and the list is getting worse before it gets better.
    W00F!

9. Likes bulldogtragic, josie, Dry Rot, Max469, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Bevo
    2. Must
    3. Go

Nothing else. That's it. Bevo must be given the tap on the shoulder, Grant, and anyone who approved his contract extension also needs to go with him. External review needed, nothing internal, and new coach with new ideas asap.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

11. Likes F'scary, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    1. We are in trouble. As a club, we have broken apart after that Grand Final. Spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally. This isn't a two week lapse.

2. Question marks have to be asked of the football department. Grant and Baines particularly. Why would you re-sign Bevo before the start of the year after his dreadful 2022? Makes zero sense. We re-signed a coach based on what he did in 2016 and 2021 - that's really poor.

3. We need to rebuild. Nobody wants to hear that, but it's the truth. Players at or near the end include Jones, Keath, Libba, Treloar, Crozier, Duryea, Bruce, Lobb. Our fringe players largely are not up to standard and our stars are stale (besides probably Bont and Naughton). We have zero genuine young stars coming through besides Darcy and Marra, and honestly, I'm not convinced on Marra yet. We recruited to contend in 2023 but we're nowhere near it and the list is getting worse before it gets better.
    This is exactly right. It breaks my heart, but you’ve nailed it.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Feels like we're north from the final days of Brad Scott. We're in for some lean years.

14. Likes derb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    The quicker we turn the coaching group over the better but it will never happen.

Post Thanks / Like

JUH = jack watts
    Keath and macrae should retire immediately.
    Bailey Williams is VFL standard.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I don't see it with Marra. Mind you if he goes to another club he'll probably light it up.

Cordy kicked 2 tonight up forward. Can't remember the last time he did that for us. Our gameplan is horrendous.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but isn't it obvious by now he is the new Jack Watts.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

So harsh on Jamarra. He had an off night but is building.

The hardest position on the ground is to be a forward in this Bulldogs side.

I wonder what it would look like if Naughton didn't fly for every single mark.

Post Thanks / Like

1. They currently lack the ability to play 2023 football
    2. I think Bevo's lost the group
    3. If they're not fit enough to run enough, there's no way they'll win enough. Solid wooden spoon contenders
    4. Bailey Smith must have a giant bonus based around metres gained ONLY.

21. Likes Dry Rot liked this post