Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  138
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things I've learned - R2 vs StKilda

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Sorry, but isn't it obvious by now he is the new Jack Watts.
    Cmon now, very tough on a young guy. Remember they don’t pick themselves at #1 and I’m sure you weren’t saying that after the Melbourne game last year.

He had a poor night for sure, think he was caught holding it maybe 4 times but generally he was trying to make something happen which is more than I can say for a few of our more senior players.

2. Likes Happy Days, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Cmon now, very tough on a young guy. Remember they don’t pick themselves at #1 and I’m sure you weren’t saying that after the Melbourne game last year.

He had a poor night for sure, think he was caught holding it maybe 4 times but generally he was trying to make something happen which is more than I can say for a few of our more senior players.
    Agree. His kicking amplifies the frustration, but at least he was trying to make something happen. Marra will be OK.

He is a young KPF on the wrong end of a team that has no cohesion, poor skills, no plan and no confidence in what they are doing.

4. Likes Grantysghost, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    The quicker we turn the coaching group over the better but it will never happen.
    Doing it after Round 2 would set a precedent, that?s for sure. It?s not going to happen and it shouldn?t yet, but Bevo is certainly running out of the goodwill that 2 GF?s brings. Not sure I?ve ever seen a season turn so toxic so quickly, maybe 2018 shades it.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

6. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Doing it after Round 2 would set a precedent, that?s for sure. It?s not going to happen and it shouldn?t yet, but Bevo is certainly running out of the goodwill that 2 GF?s brings. Not sure I?ve ever seen a season turn so toxic so quickly, maybe 2018 shades it.
    The time to act is now.

Every week we wait is a week wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Yes we are going places with him as ruck. Maybe he shaded Marshall slightly in the stats but Marshall way more influential in the result but hey English in only 26.
    At 26, he should be at his peak. With the team playing so poorly, he has to be supported by another ruckman. Sweet isn?t going to look any worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    At 26, he should be at his peak. With the team playing so poorly, he has to be supported by another ruckman. Sweet isn?t going to look any worse.
    Wait, English was great last night how are we potting his game? Genuine question.

10. Likes SquirrelGrip, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just sticking to learnings - there was a lot we'd already seen from this group last night:

1. Garcia is a long way ahead of West. Thought he brought
    some speed and aggression.
    2. Crozier still has a role to play. I thought his defensive work was very solid last night
    3. Something needs to be done with Macrae. This isn't just a slump but I can't remember the last player who looked cooked at 29. I wonder how he'd go with the Matt Boyd move to half back, with Caleb coming up the other way into the middle.

12. Thanks azabob, HOSE B ROMERO, BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We don't look fit or we are very slow (possibly both). Dunks could be right about how much more running the Lions do during the pre season. (He is also a massive loss. Probably the only one who showed any leadership qualities).

2. Why do we give long term contracts to the likes of Keath, Crozier, Hannan, O'Brien, Bruce etc. Do they think clubs will come for them when they get into their 30's.

3. We need a change and it needs to start with the Admin/Coaching group as it will be hard to recover if we have to rebuild.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Just sticking to learnings - there was a lot we'd already seen from this group last night:

1. Garcia is a long way ahead of West. Thought he brought
    some speed and aggression.
    2. Crozier still has a role to play. I thought his defensive work was very solid last night
    3. Something needs to be done with Macrae. This isn't just a slump but I can't remember the last player who looked cooked at 29. I wonder how he'd go with the Matt Boyd move to half back, with Caleb coming up the other way into the middle.
    Said similar to my mate at the game. Jack is too good a player to write off just yet, but he’s going to need a tweak in his role to keep going at the level we expect from him. I wonder about how he’d take it.

Post Thanks / Like

1. I want Peter Gordon back.
    2. It is official, Bevo has finally lost the players.
    3. If Bevo has any integrity he resigns this week.

16. Likes Vred, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yeah I don't see it with Marra. Mind you if he goes to another club he'll probably light it up.

Cordy kicked 2 tonight up forward. Can't remember the last time he did that for us. Our gameplan is horrendous.
    Best game I have seen from Cordy. Nice goals and was able to nullify English?s ruck work to a significant extent . Played a smart game.

18. Likes Dry Rot, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

was supposed to be a reply to:

Wait, English was great last night how are we potting his game? Genuine question.

by Grantysghost.

I watched English very closely last night. He reads the play very well, great mark and very nice kick. He has developed very well from where he was just a couple of years ago. Saints had no comparable player. But we got no drive from his ruck work.

Cordy was 10 cm shorter and at least 10 kg lighter. In ruck contests he focused on English's body, hitting it with beautiful timing. I expected English to be dominant but in many cases the outcome was neutral.

Marshall was stronger and able to approach English the way Gawn does. On a couple of occasions in contests in front of us (sitting on the boundary) he held his opponent out and almost handed the ball to his rovers.

English had a very good game, contributing more than a handful of others combined, but his ruck work generated no momentum and didn't set up other teammates. He is a key position player. I would have him at CHB. He would be impassable and a consistent match winner.

20. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericks View Post
    1. I want Peter Gordon back.
    2. It is official, Bevo has finally lost the players.
    3. If Bevo has any integrity he resigns this week.
    Mavs, we are all hurting but expecting a resignation isn't actually a good outcome for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

22. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    If that is English’s great as our ruck(one of the most influential positions) and we lose by 50 points then the problems are huge.

24. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    The precedent was set in 1994, when Terry Wheeler was sacked after Round 2 following a belting down at Kardinia Park by our nemesis Geelong. I thought that Wheels was hard done by - Bevo, not so much...if it happens.
    Crumbs!

26. Thanks Grantysghost, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post