Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Rnd 2, 2023 vs St. Kilda

The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's match against St. Kilda. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 2, 2023 vs St. Kilda

I still had a flicker of hope in the 3rd quarter but when Jones was caught holding the ball in the dead centre of the ground and the saints goaled that was it.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes chef, jeemak, josie, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The defensive 50 turnovers in the first quarter that led directly to goals were my moment as a collective.

1. Evidence our midfield was getting belted
    2. Our composure under pressure wasn’t there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I still had a flicker of hope in the 3rd quarter but when Jones was caught holding the ball in the dead centre of the ground and the saints goaled that was it.
    That was a huge moment. Real energy vampire stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a telling moment but you could see it coming and it did knock the stuffing out of us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that was it for me. The flickering candle of hope was finally extinguished and I was plunged into a cold, dark, underworld accompanied only by my misery.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

8. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Yes, that was it for me. The flickering candle of hope was finally extinguished and I was plunged into a cold, dark, underworld accompanied only by my misery.
    Haha very good.

It was almost like he couldn’t believe he had space in the middle of the ground and got confused! Took two steps too many.

I think we can mark that down to being out of the game at the top level and the Saints amazing relentless pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

That was a shame because it was the right option. One of the few times we were daring & unfortunately got burnt on that one.

Post Thanks / Like

When Saints kicked the first 3 goals and then Naughtons first set shot goes for a point.

How does it get to a stage where a team is 3 goals ahead in the first 8 mins of a game?

3 mins into the 2nd quarter , its 4 goals in front and Mattaes kicks his 2nd goal ( first year player) . To the teams credit they get the game back within 5 points at half time. Then 3rd quarter, they kick 6 goals. 4 goal ahead threshold appears again and the game is over ?

Here we go, same old same old as last week, the same cracks appearing and problems crawling out.

Like to welcome Zaine to the talented club of talls who can kick multiple goals on us.

Post Thanks / Like

I starting screaming no no no no no no on repeat as soon as he got the footy in anticipation of how that was going to play out and what it would do.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Phillipou immediately after half time for me. We had the momentum - that turned the tide

Post Thanks / Like

Did they kick two before we’d even managed to str8ng two possessions together?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Did they kick two before we’d even managed to str8ng two possessions together?
    That was the moment for me. They went bang bang and we hardly touched the ball. I thought this is not looking good.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

When The Boss landed back at Moorabbin.