Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  60
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs Statement

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Unfortunately I'm not surprised by this.

All you need to do is look around our own country and the world with what is going on with other minority groups.

I'm honestly not sure how this all ends.
    He's a very proud man too this will hurt.

I really want to throttle these "people".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Low life piece of shits out there with this sort of gutter mentality. I hope they are tracked down and banned and publicly hung.
    Bit extreme, even for racist assholes. I assume you mean to make a public example of their actions and not actually hanging them! I'm no death penalty advocate, but if I was I'd start with murderers, rapists, pedos and other assorted filth first.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Bit extreme, even for racist assholes. I assume you mean to make a public example of their actions and not actually hanging them! I'm no death penalty advocate, but if I was I'd start with murderers, rapists, pedos and other assorted filth first.
    Of course, I am not that stupid
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The standards are going backwards because there are so many gooses out there that want to rewrite the boundaries of acceptable behaviour as some sort of vanguard culture wars action against being woke.

Need a hiding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    The standards are going backwards because there are so many gooses out there that want to rewrite the boundaries of acceptable behaviour as some sort of vanguard culture wars action against being woke.

Need a hiding.
    Is one person out of 40,000 people shouting racist garbage an "endemic problem" and some sort of affirmation that our country is some sort of racist hell-hole? Will these incidents ever be stopped, and is highlighting and amplifying the words of one person out of 40,000 going to stop future appalling behaviour? Or will it simply embolden assholes to continue to be assholes so that they get their 15 minutes of notoriety? There are no more assholes today than there was in the past (honestly there are much less), they just have many more public outlets at their disposal through social media today to vent their garbage.

If I judged random groups of people for their historical racism towards me in my past, not to mention the hundreds of years of war and destruction inflicted on my family homeland and heritage simply because of who we are, there would be virtually nobody I would associate with today (except maybe the monks of Bhutan). But I don't judge people today for past actions of a random group of people - doing so is totally irrelevent, it is grossly unfair to individual people today who had nothing to do with past actions, it is toxic garbage, and it achieves absolutely nothing for personal happiness and harmony. I despise racism (and all the other 'isms') but I despise the media and wider society amplifying every single isolated case of racism in order to create victim and hero narratives and to give agency to the idea that one group of random ass people are inherently evil and another group are inherently pure and virtuous without exception. I judge individual people solely on their actions and behaviours and could give a shit about their immutable birth characteristics - the media and modern society play a different game because conflict sells and is fantastic for business.

I'm sorry that JUH was subjected to that rubbish, and it's great that the club has wrapped their arms around him (as did the Saints). It's complicated what to do as a response but I applaud everyone involved with their response in this instance. What I hate is the premise that we are inherently broken as a society because of one asshole out of 40,000 people at an event - and this premise is constantly and relentlessly perpetuated by media scum (especially, but most certainly not limited to, our public broadcaster) because it is undeniably good for their business model.
    Last edited by Sedat; 28-03-2023 at 10:03 AM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Thanks GVGjr, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is one person out of 40,000 people shouting racist garbage an endemic problem and some sort of affirmation that our country is some sort of racist hell-hole? Will these incidents ever be stopped, and is highlighting and amplifying the words of one person out of 40,000 going to stop future appalling behaviour? Or will it simply embolden assholes to continue to be assholes so that they get their 15 minutes of notoriety? There are no more assholes today than there was in the past (honestly there are much less), they just have many more public outlets at their disposal through social media today to vent their garbage.

Spot on. Pre Winmar, racial abuse was common from crowds and nobody batted an eyelid. Now, i person shouting racial abuse gets front page, days of commentary on websites and potential public humiliation. Crowd racial abuse has disappeared.

8. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we are all sensible enough to understand it's never going to be eliminated.

Like covid 0 strategy it's utopian dream land.

Management is the key, there will always hurtful elements of humanity unfortunately it's a complex community in which we live.
    We can't eradicate it, we can get better at managing it. (maybe).

Personally I'm very upset that Jamarra and his family has had to deal with this, they are lovely people it's really awful behaviour.
    I also hate how the media outlets use it for click bait without any effort.
    The Age pretty much ripped off Alice's post from Facebook - I hope they asked her if that was ok.

Let's hope the person is found and punished.

10. Likes Sedat, bornadog, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Thanks chef, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the ladies at training called him over, held his hands and let him know everyone was behind him. He genuinely seemed to appreciate that.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Thanks bornadog, Sedat, HOSE B ROMERO, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    One of the ladies at training called him over, held his hands and let him know everyone was behind him. He genuinely seemed to appreciate that.
    That's out Murphy's Lore.

I've no idea if it was her, but I'm sure it's the kind of thing she'd do.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

It's a pity the crowd around him didn't pick him up and throw him over the fence.
    See how they feel then.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    It's a pity the crowd around him didn't pick him up and throw him over the fence.
    See how they feel then.
    Should have dobbed him in and they would have found him straight away

18. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Empty feeling reading of what's happened.
    Hopefully Marra's doing ok and this doesn't continue to eat away at him.
    This sort of incident will probably only increase with the increased recognition and promotion of indigenous Australian's over the coming years.

20. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Empty feeling reading of what's happened.
    Hopefully Marra's doing ok and this doesn't continue to eat away at him.
    This sort of incident will probably only increase with the increased recognition and promotion of indigenous Australian's over the coming years.
    It places Footscray Football club now as a centre of the fight against ignorance and behaviour of stupid abuse.
    Marra you have big shoulders and heart and our community behind you.
    Last edited by BornInDroopSt'54; 29-03-2023 at 04:58 PM.

22. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha.
    Well said Sedat.
    May "woke" always be a great word.
    It means awakened to our wrongs that need righting,
    like public abuse of aboriginality.
    Mine is Irish so don't knock us!