Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 3, 2023 vs Brisbane Lions

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    The Chicago Bears have the Monsters of the Midway.

Do we now have in our backline the Monsters of the Maribyrnong?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    love it
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Think the intention was that Andrews would get him and Rory would try to play deep and defensively to keep Andrews out of the game. Didn't work. Andrews is too good and ended up spending a fair bit of time working off Marra. Lions didn't rate Lobb at any stage all night. Marra needs to keep working hard on his defensive game. Lobb? Not sure where he's at atm.
    He does need to get to more contests, but 2 goals and giving Timmy a rest is still very good output for a second ruck.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He does need to get to more contests, but 2 goals and giving Timmy a rest is still very good output for a second ruck.
    Were they the softest of two goals though? The first one one fell in his lap and the for the 2nd I think it was a very fortunate decision that fell his way.
    We need a lot more from him but it's not his fault if he is carrying an injury.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    the 2nd I think it was a very fortunate decision that fell his way.
    Didn't like how the 2nd was considered soft when he clearly mostly marked it and the only reason he didn't completely was because Joyce was actively ripping his left arm away from his body.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:
    1. Bontempelli's will to win and lead from get go to shut the gate.
    2. English's a la Dempsey taking responsibility late in the backline to take a towering mark and his craft all night.
    3. Marra becoming Marra, come the moment, come the young man, with Arty as buddy, a game for the ages. The game Jack Watts never had the reason to produce.
    Anchors:
    1. Norts ball dropping mistake by hand set shots, he twice kicked well for goal, given his lack of momentum in approach, was balanced and kicked through it but twice dropped it carelessly onto the outside of his boot. Drop it on the centre of foot Aaron, it is reliable.
    2. Decision to play Lobb.
    I suspect Lobb wanted to play as I can't believe the club would just send him out if he did not seem ready, we judged on his communications.
    Lobb would want to prove himself and I suspect thought he thought he could do the job.
    Last edited by BornInDroopSt'54; 01-04-2023 at 09:07 PM.

9. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    Bont got us going and kept us going
    The Defence Collective
    Oskar Baker

Anchors
    Goal kicking
    Poor delivery inside F50
    Dumb 50mt penalties
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Running - Yes, I was banging on about it last week, and at the risk of being the guy who bangs on about the numbers every week...its only fair to point out that we outran Brisbane (273kms v 267kms) this week - which was the opposite v St Kilda...(maybe there is something to it!). We put in 250 'sprint efforts to 208 this week (last week 237 to 285 against) and had 4 of the top 5 'total kms' players this week versus ZERO last week. We picked a better team, and we ran!! Bailey Dale had the most sprint efforts on the ground and was emblematic of a concerted effort to take the game on more.

Bont: Yes he had some turnovers. But the team were urged to take more risks to enable the game look like how we want it to look and Bont read the brief. 7 clearances and 7 inside 50s.

Ed Richards - how has this guy become our most reliable player in defence? He's brilliant, composure under pressure and has become tough/brave too.

Anchors:

Naughton - brilliant mark at the end, but the goal kicking flattens us weekly. Is being played at the wrong end of the ground but we're in too deep now.

Garcia - had a stinker. Stick with him and give him a chance to atone.

A mini-anchor to Libba - who although great, has been frustrating me with how he haphazardly/carelessly flicks the ball off in an instant when about to be tackled. There were some times where he did it in some really vulnerable spots on the ground which exposes our defence being out of position.

12. Likes EasternWest, lemmon, Sedat liked this post